Junior cheated at Daytona

R

RobbyG Fan

http://insidethepitbox.com/July03/rf030707.html

Please read and offer your thoughts. Seems legit. It has always been known that rules have always applied differently to Junior, but this is just pushing it, if it is true. I hope it isnt, because day by day I am losing respect for Nascar.

Okay I read the article. IF it is true, JR.'s car should have been sent back through the template inspection. But like the article said that alone was not enough for JR. to win the race. Someone on her has said before all teams cheat it's just weather or not they get away with...
I don't think this is enough to call JR. a cheater.

my question is, how is Jr even considered as a cheater here?....all he did was drive the car...he didn't touch the car, he didn't discuss or joke with the officials...it was a team member who supossedly did this.....do we know if the team member was told to do this and the "reporter" didn't here it....maybe, just maybe..THIS is why Nascar didn't let Jr win the 400, 2 races in a row might raise some suspicion.... ;)

I agree that it sounds like a case of cheating, but you can't say Jr. himself was doing the cheating. He's just the driver. If this s tue then it's Nascar who is cheating.

NASCAR is giving Dale Jr. all the chances to win by letting him off, especially on the yellow line thing. However, he's still 180 points behind Matt Kenseth, if I were Dale Jr. I'd take advantage of NASCAR's leniency

Granted he did drive the car yes but whats to say they dont do this on ALL inspections I say Nascar is to blame.

No with all this reporting NASCAR is not a happy-go-lucky world that imposes all rules on drivers. But if I were Dale Jr, going back to my point about taking advantage of NASCAR's leniency, ATTACH ROCKET BOOSTERS TO THE CAR, decrease the spoiler, do something !! I think Dale Jr. exumes an air of invincibility because it'd be according to Darrell Waltrip, very unpopular to penalize him.

this seems like it would be a huge story if it happened in the inspection line....i mean this is the first place ive heard of it.

im not saying it didnt happen...but i find it hard to believe that this guy is the only one with the inside scoop...and if he would....today is Monday night...every sporting news station in the world would be reporting it because it was Jr's car. but who knows.

everyone cheats.....not everyone gets caught

Does not seem legit.

With all the precaution teams take to make the bodies of these cars just right, I hardly think that an adjustment would be made with just yanking on the hood and then matching that adjustment with yanking on a fender, especially out in the open.

What are the details of this website? Is it related to a paper or is it just some guy wanting to stir the pot and get his 15 minutes?

I have no idea on the info of the site. I just got it off of Jayski's when I was there on Monday.

I do agree with what someone else here said though (sorry dont have the time to go search, you will know who you are) regardless if this did happen or not, its Nascar doing the cheating not Junior.

This guy took all these pictures, but yet didn't take one of the team member pulling the fender or hood?

He must have went to the same school of journalism as the guy from the New York Post.

Originally posted by fergy1370@Jul 8 2003, 12:59 PM
This guy took all these pictures, but yet didn't take one of the team member pulling the fender or hood?

He must have went to the same school of journalism as the guy from the New York Post.
Hey, fergy! Glad to see ya around!

This whole thing strikes a very bad chord with me. :angry:

I gotta say it seems odd, this was the only person who saw this?!? I mean, he seems sincere and all, but still it just seems really weird that no one else saw this and no one else has picked up on the story, although it is a big message board topic. Hmmmm.....

Back
Top Bottom