Just a fun realization about the last 15 years..

jaqua19

Team Owner
Has anyone else taken a second to realize that we've witnessed 4 of the 10 greatest drivers of all time race against each other in their (arguable) primes?

Gordon, Stewart, Johnson and Busch.

Has there ever been a time period where this many of the best raced each other while they were all in championship form?

Gordon won a title against Stewart, and competed for titles against the other 3.

Stewart won 3 titles vs Jeff, 2 vs Johnson and 2 vs Busch

Johnson won 6 vs Jeff, 7 vs Busch and 7 vs Stewart

Busch won 1 vs Jeff, 1 vs Tony and 2 vs Johnson.

That's freakin awesome.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing with all my heart
Has anyone else taken a second to realize that we've witnessed 4 of the 10 greatest drivers of all time race against each other in their (arguable) primes?

Gordon, Stewart, Johnson and Busch.

Has there ever been a time period where this many of the best raced each other while they were all in championship form?

Gordon won a title against Stewart, and competed for titles against the other 3.

Stewart won 3 titles vs Jeff, 2 vs Johnson and 2 vs Busch

Johnson won 6 vs Jeff, 7 vs Busch and 7 vs Stewart

Busch won 1 vs Jeff, 1 vs Tony and 2 vs Johnson.

That's freakin awesome.

Don't forget Harvick. I think he's this generation's Mark Martin, a historically great driver who goes underappreciated because he didn't rack up the same stats as Kyle Busch and Jimmie Johnson.

Kyle's the greatest talent in the history of stock car racing, so anyone who's won a championship since 2005 should be considered an all-time great IMO.

Efisher131

Formerly Larsonfan1995
Don't forget Harvick. I think he's this generation's Mark Martin, a historically great driver who goes underappreciated because he didn't rack up the same stats as Kyle Busch and Jimmie Johnson.

Kyle's the greatest talent in the history of stock car racing, so anyone who's won a championship since 2005 should be considered an all-time great IMO.
I think Hamlin fits the Mark Martin role. Harvick reminds me more of his boss.

jaqua19

Team Owner

Harvick too, yeah. That Kyle comment is cartoonish though.

Mispeedway15

Team Owner
Harvick too, yeah. That Kyle comment is cartoonish though.

Meh maybe a little too high but he’s what 34 and is only 20 wins away from eclipsing Dale.

I gotta disagree with Andy, the greatest pure talent was Jeff Gordon. 93 wins is frickin absurd, and he changed the game by coming onto the scene at 22 years old which was unheard of back then.

IMO people get too caught up in titles, and while great, wins in my opinion is the ultimate test of greatness in an individual sport (golf, tennis, racing).

Team Penske

Team Owner
Meh maybe a little too high but he’s what 34 and is only 20 wins away from eclipsing Dale.

I gotta disagree with Andy, the greatest pure talent was Jeff Gordon. 93 wins is frickin absurd, and he changed the game by coming onto the scene at 22 years old which was unheard of back then.

IMO people get too caught up in titles, and while great, wins in my opinion is the ultimate test of greatness in an individual sport (golf, tennis, racing).
AND being a car owner for most of the time.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
1998 will never be replicated. That season alone puts him at GOAT status, especially versus the talent and car handling at the time.

Revman

KFB
Record number of different champions for a decade 7

Johnson, 3 titles, Kyle 2, Stewart 1, Keselowski 1, Logano 1, Harvick 1, Truex 1,
You forgot the asterisk on Kyle's 2. You are slipping. Let's go 6.5 instead of 7 in honor of it. WTF with this board these days. Do I have to do everything?

Top Bottom