Just got some exciting news

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
I will be at Arlington Nation Cemetery in the middle of July, to see my dad's ashes interred in the columbarium there. It will be with full military honors --- as my stepmother said, the whole nine yards --- caisson, band, honor guard, flags, bugler, 21 gun salute.

He was a Navy pilot in the Pacific during WWII flying off the carrier Corregidor.

I will be at Arlington Nation Cemetery in the middle of July, to see my dad's ashes interred in the columbarium there. It will be with full military honors --- as my stepmother said, the whole nine yards --- caisson, band, honor guard, flags, bugler, 21 gun salute.

He was a Navy pilot in the Pacific during WWII flying off the carrier Corregidor.
Quite an honor.

Quite an honor and if you haven't been there before you need to spend some time taking in all of the cemetery. The site is actually Lee's home and they have free tours of Arlington house.

Everyone ought to go there at least once, it gave me chills seeing all the graves of those who have fought to keep this a Free Nation. Quite an honor for your family TRL. I know you must be very proud of your father.

This is exactly the right thing for a hero.

Not to make fun of other heroic veterans my any means - but you are controlling the situation and good for you.

I did a "Burial at Sea" once and we all went out on the fantail and had a prayer by the ship's Chaplain, and we were all in our best dressed uniforms and it was being filmed for the family. Well wouldn't you know it - after the prayers and such we cast the "remains/dust" into the sea but the wind had changed. So we got the poor guy all over us and breathed a bit of him in and ended up coughing and spitting and it messed up the whole video.

It took me three washings to get my "Whites" back to normal.

P.S. - Pilots were the racecar drivers of their day - the only exception being that it was "all-out" and a pilot could die on any mission. Serious stuff. They weren't worrying about getting in the Chase.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom