K&N Filters NHRA SuperNationals

H

Highboy90

racelogo.gif

Every year, I, along with 2 others, organize a bus trip to see some NHRA Drag Racing. Formerly known as the Summer Nationals. (Will be televised today around 6 or 7 pm est. for those who might want to watch the finals.) More info about the event can be found here. Here are some of the pics I took. (Wanted to take more but had to limit my walking.)

03Etown1.jpg

Some of the group I went down with. We rent a charter bus and charge $40 per head which includes the bus, driver tip, hot dogs, sausage and peppers, baked ziti, shrimp, soda, water, (bring your own alcohol if you want) chips, cookies, etc. Not bad for 40 bucks! We also do a 50/50 and yesterdays winner took home $65.

03Etown4.jpg

Harley Davidson was on tap for some racing action and had a few bikes on display in the pits.

03Etown5.jpg

Not your everyday Corvette. :cool:

03Etown8.jpg

Part of the RaceGirl team. Have no clue to who this is but she helped return the dragster to the starting line after the burnout ritual.

03Etown16.jpg

Rhonda Hartman Smith's work shop for the weekend. Husband Jim's is on the right. It's quite interesting to see these guys thrashing away after a round. In less than 7 minutes, the motors and more are removed from the cars if and when needed.

03Etown15.jpg

Here's a glimpse of Shirley Muldowney. This lady helped pave the way for woman in drag racing.

03Etown27.jpg

And here's the man John Force signing a few autographs in the staging lanes before some qualifying. He is a 10 time NHRA Champion.

All in all, had a great time. Unlike NASCAR, you can see many of the drivers and stroll around all day long if you'd like. For those who have never been to an NHRA event, I suggest you try to do so someday. Doing it with a group and bus makes it even nicer. (Much better parking spot also.) More photos can be found here.

Thanks for sharing your trip HighBoy, very cool. Its nice you put the link to all the pics because I got the big red x for all of em, but they do work after I download em off your page.

Did Force clean his suit? look pretty clean for him, haha.

Now I'm Pumped for St. Louis ina month, can't wait. I agree that if you haven't been too a NHRA national event, you have to go now. There in nothing that come close to seeing top fuel live(especially at night). The pits are just plain awsome, watching them work, being behind when they seat the clutch, hell yes.

Originally posted by NateDogg@May 19 2003, 02:28 PM
Its nice you put the link to all the pics because I got the big red x for all of em, but they do work after I download em off your page.
Sorry. Hot link protection. Forgot. :huh:

K&N is a great product and a great sponsor!

thanks K&N

Check out the air with K&N

Attachments

• blue_yellow_air_N_12_low_re.jpg
    blue_yellow_air_N_12_low_re.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
Let me guess. You really like K&N? So do I. I run their air filters on all of my street vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom