Kanaan free to look for another ride

VaDirt

Dirt Track Fanatic
According to Speed, Andretti Motorsport has told Tony Kanaan that he is free to look for a different ride beacause of the teams sponsorship status.

Yeah, I heard this too. I had to shake my head and think did I hear that right ? LOL

This is not good. He had a 5 year deal with Andretti Autosport too. I think if he and Graham Rahal got together on a team would be good. I hate to see him leave AA though. Im thinking that deal with Target a couple years ago should have been made by him.

Hearing more about this, it appears that 7-11 is not coming back, hence the need for a new sponsor.

Graham has a 2 year deal with TBC starting next year. It was heavily rumored this year that he would end up at Target Chip Ganassi Racing. He has not made public yet as to what team he would end up with. If TK really is really out at AA next year, that opens a door for Graham. I do think Graham will be at Chip Ganassi next year but I wouldnt seal that deal yet. We have to wait and see how AA unfolds.

7-11 will remain an associate sponsor to Danica but no primary for TK. As of now, he is a free agent.

Back
Top Bottom