Kansas Speedway about to get rekt

Tornado miraculously weakened and lifted before hitting Kansas City... but there is debris falling from the sky.

Most of my family is in that area, and I'm getting similar reports that the KC area itself escaped narrowly...for now. A lot of damage a little bit further west in Lawrence and other Kansas towns.

Most of my family is in that area, and I'm getting similar reports that the KC area itself escaped narrowly...for now. A lot of damage a little bit further west in Lawrence and other Kansas towns.

yep. Some of that rain fell in the Lake Keystone drainage area and we are getting more around here now. It is not looking good. . We might be looking at around here of a flooding disaster we have never seen the likes of. It's already pretty bad the highest I have seen the lake ever and I have lived here since 83. and it is flooding downstream all the way down into Arkansas. Two dead from tornadoes in the Oklahoma City area. Almost 2 feet of rain in the last 30 days. I should have built an arc.

I left the shop in Ontario CA on Sat and when I got to Santa Rosa NM on Sun afternoon it was really windy and the sky was looking very dark going east and cars and trucks were pulling off to the side of the interstate in both directions so I pulled into the truck stop and parked the hauler so that the wind wasn't blowing against the side of it. The electricity was out in all three truck stops so I just sat there and waited for about 45 minutes until it cleared up and the wind died down. I had a lot of lightning and very hard rain all the way across the Texas Panhandle and reports of tornados in front and behind me but I only saw a lot of trees blown over and branches on the interstate and when I got to Oklahoma it cleared up and the rest of the trip to the Joliet track was pretty good. But, next week our race will be in Topeka KS if the track doesn't sustain any major damage from this storm.

Last edited:
Children's Mercy Park Stadium is next door as well. Haven't been to Kansas since 2016 but hope there's no deaths.

Had a tornado touch down about 3 miles from my house in Northeast PA tonight!! Crazy, crazy weather!!

Reactions: Pat
Had a tornado touch down about 3 miles from my house in Northeast PA tonight!! Crazy, crazy weather!!
Had one come through the southeast too near Morgantown

Had one come through the southeast too near Morgantown

I think that was the same storm that came out of Schuylkill County and headed into Berks County around 6 pm.

I live in Northern Lackawanna County (where the Northeast Extension part of the Turnpike ends) and this area got hit hard. If I had been at work my car would have been damaged by the large hail.

Pocono Raceway dodged a bullet last week. There was a real bad storm that just missed the track.

I think that was the same storm that came out of Schuylkill County and headed into Berks County around 6 pm.

I live in Northern Lackawanna County (where the Northeast Extension part of the Turnpike ends) and this area got hit hard. If I had been at work my car would have been damaged by the large hail.

Pocono Raceway dodged a bullet last week. There was a real bad storm that just missed the track.
Most likely the same storm Morgantown is either right at the northern edge of Chester County or southern Berks I live in southern Chester County we didnt get hit too hard right here fortunately

I left the shop in Ontario CA on Sat and when I got to Santa Rosa NM on Sun afternoon it was really windy and the sky was looking very dark going east and cars and trucks were pulling off to the side of the interstate in both directions so I pulled into the truck stop and parked the hauler so that the wind wasn't blowing against the side of it. The electricity was out in all three truck stops so I just sat there and waited for about 45 minutes until it cleared up and the wind died down. I had a lot of lightning and very hard rain all the way across the Texas Panhandle and reports of tornados in front and behind me but I only saw a lot of trees blown over and branches on the interstate and when I got to Oklahoma it cleared up and the rest of the trip to the Joliet track was pretty good. But, next week our race will be in Topeka KS if the track doesn't sustain any major damage from this storm.

Wow. That is unnerving. Glad you made it.

Back
Top Bottom