Kasey Kahne

Am I the only one who thinks Kasey is a little bit overrated since coming to HMS?
he is running pretty much how he ran at evenham. he is good for a couple wins a year which is alot better than most. I never thought he was going to be the 5-7 win guy and go hard for the title each year.

He can win with any team, any manufacturer, any time. Hes already proven that.

Hendrick has to take care of his boy Jimmie too, can't have him running mid pack all day. If you look back to last year, he could've won EASILY 6 or 7 races. He also has zero luck.

Sure I'm biased, but he is no way a over rated driver.

I dont think he is overrated. He is not a driver everyone expects to see win every race or contend for titles every year.

He's like a Biffle type driver. Wins 1 or 2 races a year and doesn't do much of anything in the championship scheme of things.

If you go off of the stats, he's outperformed Junior and has been pretty much on par with Gordon since arriving at HMS.

Unfortunately I see him as the bottom feeder at Hendrick. Jimmie and Jeff have made Hendrick who he is, then you have the most popular driver in NASCAR with Earnhardt, so that leaves Kasey as the loner.

I never understood the Kahne hype. He won more than two races in just one season and has finished better than 10th in points only twice. The two years he was paired with Mayfield at Evernham he was the #2 driver.

Unfortunately I see him as the bottom feeder at Hendrick. Jimmie and Jeff have made Hendrick who he is, then you have the most popular driver in NASCAR with Earnhardt, so that leaves Kasey as the loner.

Pretty heady company alright .

If you go off of the stats, he's outperformed Junior and has been pretty much on par with Gordon since arriving at HMS.

At the end of the day though, both those guys outpoint him in the standings by the end of the year regularly.

He has peaked out, why bother working hard when you make big bucks for making laps

He has peaked out, why bother working hard when you make big bucks for making laps
Nah, despite what I said above, he's still a perennial Chase driver and good for one or two wins a year. I just don't think he's as good as some consider him to be.

I never understood the Kahne hype. He won more than two races in just one season and has finished better than 10th in points only twice. The two years he was paired with Mayfield at Evernham he was the #2 driver.

2006: 6 wins
2008: 2 wins
2009: 2 wins
2012: 2 wins
2013: 2 wins

5 out of (now 11th season) with multiple wins.

At the end of the day though, both those guys outpoint him in the standings by the end of the year regularly.
I think all the instability Kasey has had to deal with in his career has hurt him somewhat. The 9 car changed hands several times while he was there, then he had to do the one-year stint at Team Red Bull while waiting for the 5 car to open up. He actually drove a different make of car 4 years in a row (a Dodge in '09, a Ford in '10, a Toyota in '11, and a Chevy in '12). It's still just the start of his 3rd year at HMS, we'll see if long term stability makes a difference.

2006: 6 wins
2008: 2 wins
2009: 2 wins
2012: 2 wins
2013: 2 wins

5 out of (now 11th season) with multiple wins.

What he said its still valid though.

Just one season with more than 2 wins (2006) as you pointed out yourself and only twice in the top 10. Once with Evernharm (8th) and (4th) with Hendrick.

In 11 years, that's borderline average.

Nah, despite what I said above, he's still a perennial Chase driver and good for one or two wins a year. I just don't think he's as good as some consider him to be.

Maybe Kyle Larsons impressive driving will light a fire under some of these guys, many of them seem to have gotten comfortable with mediocrity. Being constantly showed up by the "new kid" might fire em up

What he said its still valid though.

Just one season with more than 2 wins (2006) as you pointed out yourself and only twice in the top 10. Once with Evernharm (8th) and (4th) with Hendrick.

In 11 years, that's borderline average.
Ah, I misread the "more than twice", I thought It was more than once lol.

My bad, I'm not saying he'll be the next Dale Earnhardt or anything. But i do see him being more than average though.

No question Kasey is not a superstar . He is 50th out of 182 on the all time win list . Right there with Donnie Allison, Tim Richmond,Ernie Irvan,Curtis Turner and the like . Five wins would put him in the top 35 all time . No big deal , but respectable ,and a highly marketable individual.

Kasey Kahne? I know I've heard that name before but I'm drawing a bit of a blank here. Is he running the full schedule this season? I feel like he has rarely been mentioned on TV lately. I think I saw him at Bristol, and maybe Vegas. Oh, and I know he was at Martinsville because I saw Brad hit him on pit road.

No, but seriously, average? Overrated? This is Kasey Kahne we're talking about, right? The guy that won two races and finished second 6 times last year, most of which were close battles that went down to the wire? (And remember, this was back when second place finishes actually counted for something, unlike now.) I never really liked him much in the past, but I watched that dude drive his butt off numerous times last season and showcase his talent, and if that's what qualifies for average these days, I have to wonder what it would take for a driver to be considered good. Perhaps if he had wrecked Matt Kenseth every time they battled and gotten some of those wins, like some people here wanted to see, people would be singing a different tune about him.

And as far as him being overrated, I don't see much evidence of that either, outside of your standard overzealous fanboys/fangirls, which most of the drivers have, and obsessed soccer moms. Yeah, you could say that he's the bottom feeder at Hendrick, but when your teammates are Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Dale Earnhardt Jr., that isn't saying a whole lot. (And for the record, I disagree with the entire notion of there being a bottom feeder at Hendrick.)

In the last two seasons (time of HMS tenure) he has equalled Gordon and Dale Jrs combined win total.

Folks like to hammer him for his inconsistency with cause, but he is still getting the wins of the combined two mentioned drivers.
In the same time frame compared to Gordon he gets in the chase without needing Richmond miricles. He also isnt as challenged on restarts, nor does he need 20 plus laps to get the speed out of the car. Imagine the ridicule if he screwed up as many late race restarts, or in comparison who would instill more doubts for a GWC between the two.

Objectivly compared to Junior for the same time is pointless, Kahne simply is better at winning. If Kahne had produced win droughts like Junior he would have never got the ride.

Kahne is 33, Dale Jr is 38 (and while he will never measure up to Gordons career) imo he is a better option than the current 42 y/o Jeff Gordon.

The only disadvantage imo is that he is not as marketable as the other two.

i009.jpg

In the last two seasons (time of HMS tenure) he has equalled Gordon and Dale Jrs combined win total.

Folks like to hammer him for his inconsistency with cause, but he is still getting the wins of the combined two mentioned drivers.
In the same time frame compared to Gordon he gets in the chase without needing Richmond miricles. He also isnt as challenged on restarts, nor does he need 20 plus laps to get the speed out of the car. Imagine the ridicule if he screwed up as many late race restarts, or in comparison who would instill more doubts for a GWC between the two.

Objectivly compared to Junior for the same time is pointless, Kahne simply is better at winning. If Kahne had produced win droughts like Junior he would have never got the ride.

Kahne is 33, Dale Jr is 38 (and while he will never measure up to Gordons career) imo he is a better option than the current 42 y/o Jeff Gordon.

The only disadvantage imo is that he is not as marketable as the other two.
Maybe he could talk to Jeff's acting coach and get some tips on the personality thing?

Regularly? You mean one out of the 2 years he's been there. He finished 4th in points in 2012

I think all the instability Kasey has had to deal with in his career has hurt him somewhat. The 9 car changed hands several times while he was there, then he had to do the one-year stint at Team Red Bull while waiting for the 5 car to open up. He actually drove a different make of car 4 years in a row (a Dodge in '09, a Ford in '10, a Toyota in '11, and a Chevy in '12). It's still just the start of his 3rd year at HMS, we'll see if long term stability makes a difference.

Bingo Yahtzee we have a winner! He's had a pretty darn good career considering how many middle of the pack teams he's driven for. And he has the worst luck of any driver I've ever see, which has probably cost him at least another 10 victories. I think Hendrick signed him with the intention of making him the top dog when Gordon and Jimmie are gone. Remember he's only 33

Maybe he could talk to Jeff's acting coach and get some tips on the personality thing?

At least get some tips on not tweeting negatively about breast feeding. Especially when the MILFs are reportedly quite willing nurture the boy. That is burning the bridges, or drying up the well(s) .

Regularly? You mean one out of the 2 years he's been there. He finished 4th in points in 2012

Yes.

How many times has Kahne outpoint either Gordon and Jr. in his career?

Dont wreck your brain trying to figure that one out. Here's a hint...not many.

Yes.

How many times has Kahne outpoint either Gordon and Jr. in his career?

Dont wreck your brain trying to figure that one out. Here's a hint...not many.

Evernham motorsports, rpm, red bull racing, compared to dei with HUGE advantage on the plate tracks, and hendrick. Ray Charles could see the difference in equipment

LOL that made me giggle.

Evernham motorsports, rpm, red bull racing, compared to dei with HUGE advantage on the plate tracks, and hendrick. Ray Charles could see the difference in equipment

Dont care. Those are sad excuses.

The guy is inconsistent. Fact.

I dont see you bringing up the fact he has multiple wins (Most wins coming in 2006 when he was racing for Ray) or when as you put it "he was racing lesser equipment than what that Hendrick bunch run.

Or maybe you can tell me the huge different you're talking about. Because it seems to me he used to run better before as oposed to now when he currently has access to top notch equiment.

Spin that one.

I was alluding to a board meme and wasn't serious. However, if kk doesn't step it up soon, we might have to start questioning whether or not he even cares anymore.

Jeff and KK dont even care enough to defend themselves on our threads.

Dont care. Those are sad excuses.

The guy is inconsistent. Fact.

I dont see you bringing up the fact he has multiple wins (Most wins coming in 2006 when he was racing for Ray) or when as you put it "he was racing lesser equipment than what that Hendrick bunch run.

Or maybe you can tell me the huge different you're talking about. Because it seems to me he used to run better before as oposed to now when he currently has access to top notch equiment.

Spin that one.

I didn't spin anything lol. How is having lesser equipment a sad excuse? Considering the numbers he put up on inconsistent teams he has already proven he's a really good driver. And are you really trying to say that evernham was on par with hendrick? I think that had more to do with Kahnes talent behind the wheel then anything. Kahne is the 2nd best driver at hendrick right now, but if he continues to struggle I'd bump jr. Up to #2

Perhaps he needs to change too. Kind of the opposite of Kurt/Kyle.....turn mean as hell and crew everybody's ass! Hell yes!!!

Kahne is the 2nd best driver at hendrick right now, but if he continues to struggle I'd bump jr. Up to #2
Finished six spots behind the #3 HMS driver in points last year and is currently seventeen spots behind the #3 HMS driver this year. He's a couple of retirements away from being the #2 driver in the camp.

Finished six spots behind the #3 HMS driver in points last year and is currently seventeen spots behind the #3 HMS driver this year. He's a couple of retirements away from being the #2 driver in the camp.

He won more races then jr and Gordon last year, and 2012. If you can't win the title, trophies are what matters. I'll give you he's sucked this year, but it's still early. Gordon was better in his prime, but not as of now. Gordon hasn't been elite since about 2007

He won more races then jr and Gordon last year, and 2012. If you can't win the title, trophies are what matters.
He fell apart in the Chase last year while Jr. and Gordon stepped it up. Jr. was a fluke blown engine away from entering Homestead with a shot to win the championship and Gordon was a contender until the tire issue at Texas. They've both won more recently than Kahne has.

I didn't spin anything lol. How is having lesser equipment a sad excuse? Considering the numbers he put up on inconsistent teams he has already proven he's a really good driver. And are you really trying to say that evernham was on par with hendrick? I think that had more to do with Kahnes talent behind the wheel then anything. Kahne is the 2nd best driver at hendrick right now, but if he continues to struggle I'd bump jr. Up to #2

You're plain delussional to say he's the second best driver out of the Hendrick boys.

That's asinine.

Everyone in that organization is beating him right now. Sure he squeeks in a win or two every year but to be considered second best in an organization such as Hendrick you have to do more than your occassional win.

Kahne since joining the Hendrick organization..

Wins: 4
Top 5: 23
Top 10: 35
Pole: 4
Laps led: 977

Junior..

Wins: 2
Top 5: 24
Top 10: 46
Pole: 3
Laps led: 830

Gordon..

Wins: 3
Top 5: 21
Top 10: 39
Pole: 4
Laps led: 1,029

Where does Kahne comes second out of those 4 guys in general?

Someone had it right when they said he was the 4th guy in that stable.

Back
Top Bottom