Keep your fingers crossed

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks
Black Flag: Owner Terry Eames Says Foreclosure Auction Likely For Waterford Speedbowl

http://racedayct.com/2014/10/black-...-likely-for-waterford-speedbowl/#comment-4898

He said Saturday’s Smacktoberfest Family Thrill show could likely be the final event at the facility, which opened 64 years ago.

“I’ve got nothing put together so I guess an auction is likely,” Eames said. “There’s just as much interest from people that just want to develop it as there is from people that want to run it as a racetrack. I think Saturday’s Demo Derby and Enduro’s and stuff could be the last event ever here.

This was my first race track I went to. I've made friends here. I've brought friends here. I've seen epic finishes, bitter rivalries, and the best damn racing in the northeast. It's been a big part of my love for racing. This place can't close.

Too bad. I've always wanted to check out the Whelen Modified Tour at the 3 big CT ovals (Stafford, Thompson, and Waterford)... Hopefully it will end up staying open.

Stays a race track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if I were a track owner I sure as hell wouldn't want to be remembered for going out with a damn demo derby and a hokey night of destruction, I'd put on the best damn race anyone has ever seen/ no wonder the dude is goin belly up!

if I were a track owner I sure as hell wouldn't want to be remembered for going out with a damn demo derby and a hokey night of destruction, I'd put on the best damn race anyone has ever seen/ no wonder the dude is goin belly up!
That's how Heidelberg Speedway (near Pittsburgh, PA) closed, although they did a weekend of demo derbies and other destruction…

I was into late models on asphalt back in those days and used to go to the u s late model championship races in the fall at heidelberg, that was a shame

Back
Top Bottom