Ken Schrader, Shane Hmiel, Alli Owens

D

Digger

Ken Schrader, Shane Hmiel

Ken Schrader looks like he's going to be running full-time ARCA in 2009! Welcome back a real racer to real racing! :beerbang:

Federated Auto Parts is expected to stay with Schrader.

Sounds like Shane Hmiel will drive for Stringer Motorsports in 2009, full-time. No word on sponsors.

good luck to hmiel on sponsors. I know the past is the past, but im sure most companies remember.

I met Kenny @ LMS this past weekend. My friend took a pic of me w/ Kenny, but for some reason it didn't show up on my disk. :(

I met kenny at a Dirt Latemodel race last summer and he is definitly one of the coolest drivers ive met. Very friendly and doesnt act like talkin to you is a chore.

I met kenny at a Dirt Latemodel race last summer and he is definitly one of the coolest drivers ive met. Very friendly and doesnt act like talkin to you is a chore.

Look up "race car driver" in the dictionary and you'll get a picture of Schrader. :)

I can't wait for the ARCA Carolina 500 and the season-ending Rockingham event now. :beerbang:

Kenny isn't a racer. He's a fan of the sport, who just happens to drive as well.

Ok, I readily admit I don't follow ARCA all that closely. Hmiel was banned for life from Na$car IIRC. When ARCA races at a NA$CAR track such as Daytona will Na$car look the other way? I realize different series, rules etc but I was under the impression that he was no longer permitted at any Na$car track under any circumstances even as a crew member.

Ok, I readily admit I don't follow ARCA all that closely. Hmiel was banned for life from Na$car IIRC. When ARCA races at a NA$CAR track such as Daytona will Na$car look the other way? I realize different series, rules etc but I was under the impression that he was no longer permitted at any Na$car track under any circumstances even as a crew member.
That's a good question.

I don't have an answer for that so I'm going to ask ARCA and NASCAR about that one.

I realize that local racing isn't the same, but when NASCAR penalized a couple of drivers in one of the local touring series at Bowman Gray Stadium (one of the very first NASCAR tracks), the suspended drivers were still allowed to race in other series there. But, when NASCAR suspended another certain driver for life at BGS, he hasn't been able to race there period, but he has driven at another NASCAR track in an ASA sanctioned race. Using this logic, I would assume that the young Hmiel will be allowed to race at any of the NASCAR's tracks but not in a NASCAR sanctioned event.

SST,

That was the most intelligent, well thought out question I've ever seen posted on a message board. :beerbang:

i wish Shane luck, the kid can drive just didn't make any smart decisions outside of the racecar. i saw him win a craftsman truck race at Las Vegas back in about 04, he got out and threw his helmet into the stands after the burnout, some dude broke his leg going after it. got to meet his dad at Vegas in 05 during Busch Series testing, really cool guy. I got to meet Schrader during Busch Series testing at Vegas back in 06, really cool dude. he should be competitive in the ARCA series. all i know about Allie Owens is of the two ARCA races i watched this season at Daytona & T:cheers:alladega, she crashed in both and didn't seem to be very competitive while she was running so good luck with whatever team signs her...

Back
Top Bottom