Kerry "Careen" Earnhardt strikes again

paul

Team Owner
Man, he's smack dab in the middle of one week in and week out.

Did he not see the wreck going on in front of him?

I think he did see that wreck Paul........give the guy a break!:) Had he not bumped Hank he most likely would have run right into the middle of it all!! Hank had front brake problems and locked it up......can't blame Kerry for that!!:)

He just wrecks every single week.

And when it's obviously his fault (every other week but this one), most people start coming up with strange reasons why it isn't his fault.

So I figured this time, since it really isn't his fault, maybe people would say it was.

All that speedy dry they are putting out makes it look pretty slick coming out of turn 4........might get real interesting for a few laps after the restart!

Originally posted by paul
He just wrecks every single week.  

And when it's obviously his fault (every other week but this one), most people start coming up with strange reasons why it isn't his fault.

So I figured this time, since it really isn't his fault, maybe people would say it was.

You just have a strange sense of logic!!:ROFLMFAO: But I love it!! You're right about Kerry wrecking every week.......no argument from me there. I think Terry needs to talk to the man and see if he really wants to continue racing. As much an Earnhardt man that I am, I think Kerry is just not cut out for a racing career as a racer.

I just wonder if his heart is really in it. or is he just doing what he thinks his dad would want him to do. If he really wants to race and be good at it I am all for it. but I just have to wonder.

Originally posted by racer8
I just wonder if his heart is really in it. or is he just doing what he thinks his dad would want him to do. If he really wants to race and be good at it I am all for it. but I just have to wonder.

He's just doing what he thinks his dad would want........he's giving it is all with Terry Bradshaw's help. I don't see him running next year. He's part of a racing legend with the name but he just doesn't have it like his dad and brother.......nothing to his discredit either.

I also Think that Kerry needed some more time outside of a Stock car. His name got him his ride, and I for one believe that his name is the one and only thing that put him in that car. I have nothing against Kerry, but he isnt capable of driving the car that he does week in and week out.

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
I also Think that Kerry needed some more time outside of a Stock car. His name got him his ride, and I for one believe that his name is the one and only thing that put him in that car.  I have nothing against Kerry, but he isnt capable of driving the car that he does week in and week out.

No argument from me Awesome......Kerry wasn't all that good in ARCA and Bradshaw wanting to do something for his friend Dale put together a Busch ride just for Kerry. Wonderful thought and sentiment, but it just isn't working out.

Kerry should focus on other series. Dirt and small ovals would suit him well, he should go back and do what nearly every race driver has done before and earn his ride in the big leauges.

Kerry should focus on other series.  Dirt and small ovals would suit him well, he should go back and do what nearly every race driver has done before and earn his ride in the big leauges.

I think Kerry should do as his sister did........do something for DEI that dosen't involve actually racing the car. He's done the lesser leagues and wasn't all that good. Some people, despite what they want to do, are just not cut out for the job. He's not a racer......I wish he was, but he just doesn't have it.

It just goes to show how extremely talented a driver has to be to get to the front and stay there.

It's like the Steve Park deal. The dude is an excellent race car driver. Perhaps one of the best that's ever been but I've seen guys over the years who never recover even without the headshots. At this level even a tenth of a tic off spells disaster.

And I be a Kerry fan. Gosh, I been rootin for him ever since he drove Dave's car at Michigan a few years back. But I saw then what most folks are seeing now. If the guy goes to Cup he's going to be maximum a mid-packer. Might get the occaisional top ten or five but seriously doubt if he will ever win one. Shucks, I doubt he would ever win a Busch race if stays there also.

Also just to add to the "careen" nickname 71fan...If im not mistaken I think he wrecked the car that Dale Sr. Had talked Dave into letting him Drive. Just no way that Kerry should be driving these cars.

Also just to add to the "careen" nickname 71fan...If im not mistaken I think he wrecked the car that Dale Sr. Had talked Dave into letting him Drive.  Just no way that Kerry should be driving these cars.

Agreed Awesome..........sad but true.

Although it is true, Kerry has that last name that just about ANY sponsor would support, regardless of his ability to drive. The only way Kerry is getting out of one of these cars is is Kerry realizes that this just isnt for him. Im not sure if it will ever happen though.

It's a shame, but it seems to be true.

I always wonder how Kerry handles being a less accomplished race car driver than his younger brother, Dale. If I were him, it would eat away at me. But I really don't think it does. Kerry seems like an extremely calm, good natured guy who loves his brother. Maybe if he had a bit more fire in him, he wouldn't suck quite as much.

Just a theory. :rolleyes:

I also Think that Kerry needed some more time outside of a Stock car. His name got him his ride, and I for one believe that his name is the one and only thing that put him in that car.  I have nothing against Kerry, but he isnt capable of driving the car that he does week in and week out.

I agree with you there though sometimes I wonder how he would do with a better ride, possibly. I know he has DEI engines but still I am not sure Bradshaw has the funds other teams do.

That "better ride" you speak of was a DEI prepared Monte Carlo with a 71 painted on the side at Michigan two or three years ago. Dave gave up his last prov of the year to let his buddy race his sons on even terms.

Center car three wide on cold tires coming out of turn two on the 2nd or 3rd lap as I recall, the rear end lifted and spun around. Either that or Kerry blinked and twitched the wheel to the left. Probably a little bit of both.

If Kerry were a female he would have been strung up at high noon by the racing fans.That boy is not a good driver by any means.He is a danger to others,And himself.Terry Bradshaw better give him a buck,And drive that car himself,If he doesn't want to go broke.

Since he's been in the garage and around race cars all his life, makes me wonder if he wouldn't be good behind the wrench. Lots of so-so drivers have made excellent crew members and chiefs...... Just a thought.

Well, the thing is this.......Kerry is probably making more money right now than he ever has in his whole life. If he can get a Cup ride that will be even more money. The dude is old by newbie standards and needs to grab every piece of pie he can as quickly as he can before the wave crest and washes to the shore.

As long as Kerry has the last name of Earnhardt he'll be making all the money he wants and needs. I just hope that he realizes that stock cars arent right for him, and goes to get a job at DEI, or something like that. He's not gonna get any better in that car in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom