Kerry out of the 12?

V

Vern Demerest

Hearing that Kerry Earnhardt might be out of that ride in July. Anyone else hear this? His performance has been rather poor, how many top 10's this year?

If they're going to replace him with Casey Atwood, it's a very good move. Kerry has been horrible(0 top 10s) and Casey actually would have a chance of winning. Stanton Barrett is the one who really needs to be fired. Driving a Roush Busch car, and the defending champion one at that, and he's rarely competitive.

say what you want about kerry, but that team has not grown at all as a team, there has been several mechanical probs this year and i dont think atwood or anyone else could/would/will do much better...that 12 TEAM hasn't come together as it should have...

Originally posted by park30fan@Jun 6 2003, 06:26 PM
If they're going to replace him with Casey Atwood, it's a very good move. Kerry has been horrible(0 top 10s) and Casey actually would have a chance of winning. Stanton Barrett is the one who really needs to be fired. Driving a Roush Busch car, and the defending champion one at that, and he's rarely competitive.
You have a good eye.I have cursed Jack and co.a lot of times this year for choosing Barrett to drive what is one of the best cars out there.He just isnt performing up to the level of the car.Carl Edwards or Jon Wood would be much better suited to the #60 than Stanton is.

What was Roush thinking?Did Barrett bring his sponsor with him?Apparently.

Sorry to jump off topic.

It should prove interesting to see whether or not Kerry can land on his feet if he does lose the ride.Will this 'obligate' DEI to lend a hand?Put Kerry in a car,in other words?

I did read that a few days ago on Jayski that it might happen! Casey would not be a bad replacement!

Originally posted by 97forever@Jun 6 2003, 08:57 PM
Sorry to jump off topic.

It should prove interesting to see whether or not Kerry can land on his feet if he does lose the ride.Will this 'obligate' DEI to lend a hand?Put Kerry in a car,in other words?
DEI has helped out some with the 12 team, it appears to me the 12 team doesn't have it all together...when Kerry ran ARCA with help from DEI he kicked some butt....so is it Kerry or the 12 team or both?

and as far as being obligated, Jr has said in recent articles that DEI would help Kerry if he asks, but Kerry really wants to make it with as little help as possible...but to me, isn't anything wrong with family helpin family...unless yer last name is earnhardt, then its havin everything handed to ya... ;) :p

I follow the Busch series real close, but have not heard or read anything yet...but it doesn't mean it's not true. But I know I'd sure hate to be a fabricator on Monday morning for Fitz-Bradshaw Racing. :)

Originally posted by hooty3@Jun 6 2003, 06:58 PM
say what you want about kerry, but that team has not grown at all as a team, there has been several mechanical probs this year and i dont think atwood or anyone else could/would/will do much better...that 12 TEAM hasn't come together as it should have...
Sorry hooty...nothing against Kerry cuz he is a great kid...but he has put the car in the wall more than they have had mechanical failures.

Side note....Terry's daughter is a hottie! & she can sing too (proof was the national anthem for the truck race tonight). She sure sings ten times better than pops does!

Originally posted by 97forever+Jun 6 2003, 08:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (97forever @ Jun 6 2003, 08:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--park30fan@Jun 6 2003, 06:26 PM
If they're going to replace him with Casey Atwood, it's a very good move.&nbsp; Kerry has been horrible(0 top 10s) and Casey actually would have a chance of winning.&nbsp; Stanton Barrett is the one who really needs to be fired.&nbsp; Driving a Roush Busch car, and the defending champion one at that, and he's rarely competitive.
You have a good eye.I have cursed Jack and co.a lot of times this year for choosing Barrett to drive what is one of the best cars out there.He just isnt performing up to the level of the car.Carl Edwards or Jon Wood would be much better suited to the #60 than Stanton is.

What was Roush thinking?Did Barrett bring his sponsor with him?Apparently. [/b][/quote]
Edwards is going to be a star. I don't care how good his equipment is, to run as good as he did until his mechanical problem as a rookie at Darlington, very impressive. When Mark retires, I think Carl will be his replacement in the #6. And from many Roush fans I've heard Barrett did get the ride because he had a sponsor, but still, I bet you could put just about any of the underfunded back of the pack Busch drivers in that car and run top 10 weekly.

A quick note on Stanton and the #60 team! All that is the same is the cars! The whole crew from last years championship team moved up with Greg. This team is all new, and proably has alot of rookies. But I do agree Stanton is not the guy i would have chose. If the rumors are true he mgoht be out of a ride, i would not be shocked to see hank Parker get the ride, sicne they were trying to work out a 2nd team for him before the season started, the deal fell through so the dropped the plan to run him.

Originally posted by park30fan+Jun 6 2003, 09:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (park30fan @ Jun 6 2003, 09:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -97forever@Jun 6 2003, 08:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--park30fan
@Jun 6 2003, 06:26 PM
If they're going to replace him with Casey Atwood, it's a very good move.  Kerry has been horrible(0 top 10s) and Casey actually would have a chance of winning.  Stanton Barrett is the one who really needs to be fired.  Driving a Roush Busch car, and the defending champion one at that, and he's rarely competitive.

What was Roush thinking?Did Barrett bring his sponsor with him?Apparently.
Edwards is going to be a star. I don't care how good his equipment is, to run as good as he did until his mechanical problem as a rookie at Darlington, very impressive. When Mark retires, I think Carl will be his replacement in the #6. And from many Roush fans I've heard Barrett did get the ride because he had a sponsor, but still, I bet you could put just about any of the underfunded back of the pack Busch drivers in that car and run top 10 weekly. [/b][/quote]
Amen...Carl proved again tonight that he is a good driver. I haven't been impressed with Jon that much & felt he is were he is because of his dad, uncle & grandpa...but he looked really good tonight. 97 & I seem to agree a lot on things & I have wondered about Stanton in that ride also. I thought they could have gotten a Brian Vickers or a David Stremme to drive the #60. Heck, Carl could have taken it over too & he was an after thought when Kyle Busch went to Hendrick.

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Jun 6 2003, 10:39 PM
All that is the same is the cars!
That's all a half-decent driver would need to be competitive.

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Jun 6 2003, 09:39 PM
A quick note on Stanton and the #60 team! All that is the same is the cars! The whole crew from last years championship team moved up with Greg.&nbsp;
Not true...the front tire changer for the #60 team the past two years, Scott Gertz, who I met though a mutual friend...isn't with the #16 team this year.

is he on the #60 BGN car?
Fox said a few races ago talking about Stanton that the team moved up with Greg.

Originally posted by 17_Fan+Jun 6 2003, 09:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (17_Fan @ Jun 6 2003, 09:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--hooty3@Jun 6 2003, 06:58 PM
Sorry hooty...nothing against Kerry cuz he is a great kid...but he has put the car in the wall more than they have had mechanical failures. [/b][/quote]
well..i think its pretty even on that point and Kerry hasn't wreck on his own that many times(look how many time Jimmy Jam has lost it this year)...but its all really irrelevent, because as a team, it just isn't there...

and to your other post...yes she is and who couldn't sing better than terry??!!... :lol:

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Jun 6 2003, 10:21 PM
is he on the #60 BGN car?
Fox said a few races ago talking about Stanton that the team moved up with Greg.
Not sure what he is doing this year? Don't think he is still with the #60 team.

Originally posted by hooty3+Jun 7 2003, 07:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hooty3 @ Jun 7 2003, 07:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -17_Fan@Jun 6 2003, 09:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--hooty3
@Jun 6 2003, 06:58 PM

Sorry hooty...nothing against Kerry cuz he is a great kid...but he has put the car in the wall more than they have had mechanical failures.
well..i think its pretty even on that point and Kerry hasn't wreck on his own that many times(look how many time Jimmy Jam has lost it this year)...but its all really irrelevent, because as a team, it just isn't there...

and to your other post...yes she is and who couldn't sing better than terry??!!... :lol: [/b][/quote]
I know that all of Kerry's wrecks aren't his fault, but most of them are. He seems like he has a hard time hanging on to the car...like last night...last week too. He lost it in St. Louis right in front of us in turn 2 all by himself. I was at Michigan when he was in the #71, when his dad & Jr. were in that race also. He lost it between 3 & 4, I think on about lap 3?

Originally posted by hooty3@Jun 7 2003, 07:44 AM
and to your other post...yes she is and who couldn't sing better than terry??!!... :lol:
Kerry's wife is smokin too!!! She was with him at Milwaukee last year when I met him & got his autograph.

Kerry had a great runn going Sat. untill T. Bodine messed it up. It had to be a Bodine. :angry:

Originally posted by Gollum@Jun 8 2003, 03:34 PM
Kerry had a great runn going Sat. untill T. Bodine messed it up. It had to be a Bodine. :angry:
He did have a good run, but was in the middle of something with the points leader of the series. Todd got a tremendous run off the corner and just plowed into him. Sometimes you need to be aware of surounding drivers, especially if your running for a championship.

Wonder how the meeting went at the big blue trailer?

Help for Kerry has to be a hard decision at DEI. Kerry is into his mid 30's, how much more time does he have to get it done in racing?

Back
Top Bottom