Kevin Durant to the Golden State Warriors

DUN24

Skeptical of the Spectacle
Smart move or bitch move?

I think it's more the latter. Dude was up on this team 3-1 and blew it, now he joins them. I get wanting to leave OKC, but go literally anywhere else than a team that just went 73-9. I hope the lack of chemistry kills them.

Wow. Overkill.

That team was stacked to begin with. This proves that Durant was never really the leader of the Thunder. Never was.

He'll likely ring but people won't give him credit for it. He'll coatail off Curry.

It's a punk ass move, but a lot of them are doing the same thing any more. Lebron was one of the first so he can't say a damn thing about it.

Wow. Overkill.

That team was stacked to begin with. This proves that Durant was never really the leader of the Thunder. Never was.

He'll likely ring but people won't give him credit for it. He'll coatail off Curry.

Wrong and wrong.

He was the leader, he kept his team in line and he stepped his game up to even higher heights last year.

Westbrook proved that was not the leader of the team when Durant went down, but KD's MVP season was outrageous in itself and set the team up for a deep playoff run.

I for one don't care for it, but I'm not going to crucify him for it. I didn't for Lebron, why should I critcize KD for it. The thing is though that loyalty is a thing of the past.

Guys like Duncan and Nowitzki are a thing of the past. Honestly, I thought KD would be different and stay to be that face of small market teams.

Gasol to the Spurs.

A move that is a year or 2 too late. This move would have been efffective when the Spurs first tried to get him.

Still, this should help them as they have no real bigs on that team.

Gasol to the Spurs.

A move that is a year or 2 too late. This move would have been efffective when the Spurs first tried to get him.

Still, this should help them as they have no real bigs on that team.
You ever heard of LaMarcus Aldridge?

Just kidding, I get your point, besides Aldridge, they have virtually no one bigger than Kawhi Leonard with any talent left.

You ever heard of LaMarcus Aldridge?

Just kidding, I get your point, besides Aldridge, they have virtually no one bigger than Kawhi Leonard with any talent left.

I love Duncan but watching him this year was painful. He has no lift and is almost 40 years old.

Lamarcus+Gasol and Leonard will be a good combination but outside of that, they dont have much. Manu is just as old and broken down as Duncan and Parker is just a joke.

They'll be there as always but I'm afraid they need more power. Maybe they can entice Westbrook next year when he becomes a free agent.

Thunder as we know it are over. They will start to disintegrate from here on out.

Of course the Thunder are toast now. Westbrook was and still is their best player but you just can't replace Kevin Durant's scoring, especially when he leaves as a free agent and you didn't trade him for anything.

I don't have a problem with this.

Yesterday was one of the rare times when Charles Barkley said something I disagree with. I don't see it as Durant trying to "cheat" his way into a championship. It's his prerogative to play for whoever is willing to pay him. I felt the same way about LeBron when he took his talents to South Beach a few years ago. I didn't have a problem with the move itself - I just thought the TV show and the hype were a little silly.

That being said, these superteams are a big part of the reason why I stopped watching the NBA. I didn't mind it when Boston did it and my man KG got his ring, or even when the Lakers did it before that with an aging Karl Malone and Gary Payton and got thumped in the Finals by my Pistons. Now everyone's doing it, though. IMO, it leaves you with a very small number of great teams that will fade after a few years and have to rebuild and a whole bunch of average teams that will never have a shot. Lame.

It's a punk ass move, but a lot of them are doing the same thing any more. Lebron was one of the first so he can't say a damn thing about it.
It's not even comparable. KD's bitch move is much worse than what Lebron did. Lebron went to a mediocre team that barely made the playoffs and got killed in the first round. KD is going to a team that was 1 win away from winning the championship.

It's not even comparable. KD's bitch move is much worse than what Lebron did. Lebron went to a mediocre team that barely made the playoffs and got killed in the first round. KD is going to a team that was 1 win away from winning the championship.
To be fair, LeBron went to Miami with the knowledge that they were going to build a superteam and attempt to win as many championships as possible as soon as possible. I don't think the Heat's past success (or lack thereof) is really applicable in that context.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with either move. I'm not a fan of these superteams, but they've been all the rage for the last several years. It is what it is.

To be fair, LeBron went to Miami with the knowledge that they were going to build a superteam and attempt to win as many championships as possible as soon as possible. I don't think the Heat's past success (or lack thereof) is really applicable in that context.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with either move. I'm not a fan of these superteams, but they've been all the rage for the last several years. It is what it is.
Yep, and supposedly that plan had been in place since they were together in the '08 Olympics.

I have no problem with what KD did. He did what's best for him.

I know one thing, Oakland better get going on that big, shiny, new arena.

I still don't like it..

Gotta say though, I LOVE the lakers lineup. So much potential. I've got better things to think about than The Warriors.

I know one thing, Oakland better get going on that big, shiny, new arena.

I still don't like it..

Gotta say though, I LOVE the lakers lineup. So much potential. I've got better things to think about than The Warriors.
San Fran? I think it sucks for the diehards from the Oakland side who went to games for decades while they sucked and then they get good and the tech bros come in and take their team.

Agreed on the Lakers. Intriguing new chapter post-Kobe with that young talent. As good as GSW should be next year there are still a lot of interesting teams to follow like Boston, Chicago, New York, Minnesota, Portland, and several others for various reasons.

San Fran? I think it sucks for the diehards from the Oakland side who went to games for decades while they sucked and then they get good and the tech bros come in and take their team.

Agreed on the Lakers. Intriguing new chapter post-Kobe with that young talent. As good as GSW should be next year there are still a lot of interesting teams to follow like Boston, Chicago, New York, Minnesota, Portland, and several others for various reasons.

Hmmm so they might end up building an arena in Santa Clara? Lol.

Well that makes sense anyway. The new GSW is very "San Francisco"..
Definitely, I'm curious to know what happens when they start losing again though. I think a lot of the tech bros will bail in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom