Kevin Grubb Found Dead

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
Former NASCAR Driver Kevin Grubb found dead: Suspended Nationwide Series driver Kevin Grubb was found dead on Wednesday in a Richmond, Va., area hotel. He was 31. Henrico Co. Lt. Richard Cosby said Grubb was discovered at the Alpine Motel just outside of Richmond at 11:30 a.m. The cause of death has not been released pending the notification of next to kin, but Cosby said no foul play was suspected. Grubb was indefinitely suspended by NASCAR on Sept. 11, 2006 after his second violation of NASCAR's substance abuse policy. Grubb, the younger brother of former NASCAR driver Wayne Grubb, began his Nationwide career in 1997 with four starts for Grubb Motorsports. He ran in 16 Nationwide events for his father's team in 1998 with a top finish of second at Dover. Grubb drove for Brewco Motorsports from 1999 through 2001, collecting 18 top 10s. After several failed seasons with two other teams he was scheduled to drive for Team Reno Motorsports in 2004, but failed a substance abuse test in March and was suspended. The suspension in 2006 came after Grubb refused to take a drug test following a second-lap crash at Richmond. Failure to take the tests is considered an automatic failed test. The next day Grubb claimed that he declined the test because of a concussion suffered during the accident and offered to take a test at that time. He reportedly claimed no memory of the refusal due to the head injury. Grubb was a native of Mechanicsville, Va., a suburb of Richmond.(ESPN)(5-7-2009)

Not to sound like an ass but by the sound of it he brought it on himself. Wasnt he suspended for drugs? And he dies at the age of 31, somethings up there. Still a sad lose he had alot of potential.

Hmm i figured it was drug related. Its shame he had to go out that way, he could of had a great career.

The report says
Perry said they found no indication of any drug use inside the room, but toxicology results may not be available for up to six weeks.

So lets wait before we start any crap. People can turn their life around and get off drugs. He may not have, but he does have family and friends that have got to be hurting over this deal.

RIP Kevin. Thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends.

It is sad that any person loses their life at age 31. R.I.P Kevin.

It is sad that any person loses their life at age 31. R.I.P Kevin.

Yes, it is.
candle-1.gif

Damn....bums me out when i hear stuff like this, the guy was a good driver, made some bad choices, and now this.:(

Back
Top Bottom