Kevin Harvick: ‘We’re better than Truex’ on 1.5-mile tracks

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
FORT WORTH, Texas – In case you missed the memo, Kevin Harvick has won three of the past four races at 1.5-mile tracks in NASCAR’s premier series. He outdueled last year’s 1.5-mile maestro, defending series champion Martin Truex Jr., on the last trip to Texas Motor Speedway. He’s undefeated on that layout this season.

So does Harvick feel his No. 4 Ford is right with Truex’s No. 78 Toyota (which notched a record seven wins on 1.5-mile tracks last year) entering Sunday’s race O’Reilly 500?

“That seems like a self-answering question,” Harvick said with a chuckle during a Friday morning news conference. “Did you have to ask that question to figure it out?”

OK, so you feel you’re right there with Truex?

“We’re better than Truex,” Harvick smiled again

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/04/06/kevin-harvick-were-better-than-truex-on-1-5-mile-tracks/

I root for Harvick, and they are running good. But I am not too sure about providing bulletin material to other teams.

Too bad the bully Harvick can't do that :D
No I think Harvick is good and I don’t think the 78 is a strong .. but I’m keeping my mouth closed about what he said lol.. if someone else would have said that all HELL would have broke loose lol..

No I think Harvick is good and I don’t think the 78 is a strong .. but I’m keeping my mouth closed about what he said lol.. if someone else would have said that all HELL would have broke loose lol..

Harvick provides me with a good reason to watch the boring Texas race ! I love watching him beat himself

Too bad the bully Harvick can't do that :D
No, no....keep talking. That way, when it's time to stick his foot in his mouth it will already be open.
This.
He better be better than the 18, not the 78 IMO.
God I hate this. Have to hope that POS wins for Ford.

The 4 should understand that the 18 is close, and that car is not as good as it is going to be. We have a whole bunch of cheating planned. When we get around the OSS, Harvick won't know what hit him.

Kyle Busch is better than MTJ too

I know who you are talking about. Hey, if he said something about it, that wouldn't bother me at all.

That being said, I think Harvick is a little silly to say that he and his team have surpassed Truex & Co. considering Harvick won just once at these kinds of tracks compared to Truex winning at them seven times last year.

Harvick is fast, but comments like these make it sound like his mouth is running ahead of his car.

KDB wasn't better than Truex last year and he isn't so far this year.
As a driver, he might be. Car-wise and crew-wise, Truex has definitely got him beat. I love it. I never ever thought we'd be talking about how MTJ and KyBu are the two to watch year in and year out a few years ago. It's truly awesome.

As a driver, he might be. Car-wise and crew-wise, Truex has definitely got him beat. I love it. I never ever thought we'd be talking about how MTJ and KyBu are the two to watch year in and year out a few years ago. It's truly awesome.
huh? both of them have been in the cup series for years

That’s all I ask for is honesty .. thank you so much!! at least someone gets it!

I'm gonna love it if neither of them win today. Ppl acting like there's only two cars in the field.
Suarez was fast in practice yesterday as well as JJ. I also think we’ll hear from Blaney, KDB, Kurt Busch and Larson before the day is over today.

Suarez was fast in practice yesterday as well as JJ. I also think we’ll hear from Blaney, KDB, Kurt Busch and Larson before the day is over today.
Those practices yesterday don’t mean anything lol

Really? Happy Hour has never meant anything in the entire history of the sport when having an indicator on how Race Day might go, my mistake.

Last edited:
Really? Happy Hour has never meant anything in the entire history of the sport when having an indicator on how Race Day might go, my mistake.
Well with the big weather change today around 30 degrees hotter and of course crew chiefs and Larry McReynolds saying it wouldn’t mean anything either.. guess all those people are wrong and your right like always.. the temps won’t be anywhere close to what they was yesterday.. of course when temps are similar they mean something but not yesterday ..

And other posters here have been posting about practice speeds in the Pre Race thread. So maybe it just might mean a tiny bit for Sunday?

And other posters here have been posting about practice speeds in the Pre Race thread. So maybe it just might mean a tiny bit for Sunday?
Other posters? I’m talking about professionals.. so do you think qualifying meant something Friday too? You been watching this a long time, you know with a big weather swing like it’s going to be today play a big role

Well with the big weather change today around 30 degrees hotter and of course crew chiefs and Larry McReynolds saying it wouldn’t mean anything either.. guess all those people are wrong and your right like always.. the temps won’t be anywhere close to what they was yesterday.. of course when temps are similar they mean something but not yesterday ..
You’ve been keeping track when I’ve been right about things? Wow I don’t even do that. Am at least .500 for predictions?

Other posters? I’m talking about professionals.. so do you think qualifying meant something Friday too? You been watching this a long time, you know with a big weather swing like it’s going to be today play a big role
Well I think qualifying, practices, and past performance play a role in determining how a race MIGHT go. You seem to be watching for a long time as well, that doesn’t seem to make sense to you?

You’ve been keeping track when I’ve been right about things? Wow I don’t even do that. Am at least .500 for predictions?
No I was going off the JJ argument lol.. anyways u and I both no big weather swings like this is going to mean different cars being better and different racing .. like I said those practices from the other day was just trying to guess for Sunday.. all the teams was saying it too.. don’t see what the argument is about here

Back
Top Bottom