Kevin Harvick: ‘We’re better than Truex’ on 1.5-mile tracks

Thought Joey had an advantage this year with that drubbed Ford? Win total please...
Joey - 17 (points races.. plus all star and the clash)
Truex - 16
:D :p
Also when did I say Joey had an advantage this year? In fact I distinctly recall saying quite the opposite on more than one occasion. I've been pleasantly surprised.. nonetheless your putting words in my mouth.
I honestly doubt that. JJ and KyBu are the only two drivers who could probably do a little bit more with that ride.
I disagree.
The dude won 8 races and the title last year. What more could someone else have done?
I don’t think Truex is the talent of a Busch or Harvick. But it’s obvious he’s a top level driver.
I never said he's not.. I just don't like when people act like there's only two cars in the field. There's at least 10 guys out there that can get the win any week if their car is right.

I don’t think Jimmie has it anymore. Maybe gonna derail the topic here but I’d say it’s Truex, Keselowski, Harvick, Logano, Ky Busch and Larson who I expect to win every weekend. Honestly cannot believe Austin Dillon has won 2 races in the last year
I'm not counting him out just yet, but you're spot on with your other choices. Toss in some Ryan Blaney and Chase Elliott wins, and I'd say you've nailed it.

Joey - 17 (points races.. plus all star and the clash)
Truex - 16
:D :p
Also when did I say Joey had an advantage this year? In fact I distinctly recall saying quite the opposite on more than one occasion. I've been pleasantly surprised.. nonetheless your putting words in my mouth.
I disagree.
I never said he's not.. I just don't like when people act like there's only two cars in the field. There's at least 10 guys out there that can get the win any week if their car is right.
I will just start off by saying that I know you have your right to your own opinion, and although I can tell you I 100% do not like Joey, he has proven to be a pretty good driver. However, like someone else mentioned, he has always had top-shelf equipment at his disposal. You can not say the same thing for MTJ. The man spent over two-thirds of his career in junk, and only now is he getting to show what he is capable of doing. Anyway, I'm calling it now - Truex is going to pass your boy's win total before the end of this year. If I'm right, then hell yeah, awesome, and if I'm wrong, I have no problem with owning up to that. :)

So you think you could take a Kasey Kahne, a Ryan Newman, either of the Dillon Bros, Bowyer, KuBu, Keselowski, Logano, Blaney, Elliott, Larson, etc. etc. etc. and have them take his car and win eight or more races? Come on, that's just being silly. It is not going happen. ;)

Your last statement, I agree with. There are definitely, at least, 10 cars capable of winning somewhere or another. That is one of my favorite things about NASCAR - even when you have some fairly dominant drivers in the field, you still have quite a bit of diversity in the winners' column.

So you think you could take a Kasey Kahne, a Ryan Newman, either of the Dillon Bros, Bowyer, KuBu, Keselowski, Logano, Blaney, Elliott, Larson, etc. etc. etc. and have them take his car and win eight or more races? Come on, that's just being silly. It is not going happen.
To be fair I think Keselowski and Larson could do it. Blaney with a couple more years experience could probably get close, and Chase could damn sure get 8 second places out of it.

I will just start off by saying that I know you have your right to your own opinion, and although I can tell you I 100% do not like Joey, he has proven to be a pretty good driver. However, like someone else mentioned, he has always had top-shelf equipment at his disposal. You can not say the same thing for MTJ. The man spent over two-thirds of his career in junk, and only now is he getting to show what he is capable of doing. Anyway, I'm calling it now - Truex is going to pass your boy's win total before the end of this year. If I'm right, then hell yeah, awesome, and if I'm wrong, I have no problem with owning up to that. :)

So you think you could take a Kasey Kahne, a Ryan Newman, either of the Dillon Bros, Bowyer, KuBu, Keselowski, Logano, Blaney, Elliott, Larson, etc. etc. etc. and have them take his car and win eight or more races? Come on, that's just being silly. It is not going happen. ;)

Your last statement, I agree with. There are definitely, at least, 10 cars capable of winning somewhere or another. That is one of my favorite things about NASCAR - even when you have some fairly dominant drivers in the field, you still have quite a bit of diversity in the winners' column.
Gonna have to agree to disagree. I'm not trying to take away from Truex's accomplishments. I just feel like some people give him a bit too much credit. He has been a surprise over the past couple years though.

My main point was geared toward the fact that he is mainly strong at one track type. So I just feel like there is a gap there compared to other drivers. He probably will pass Joey's win total (hopefully not, I'm confident in what this season can bring) but Joey has won on every track type and shown he has that diversity. Which IMO is important when looking at driver skill. I know Truex can do it. But he hasnt.. until he does I'm just not fully convinced it's not the teams program on 1.5s that attributes to much of his recent success.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match here. Just sharing my opinion of my observations.

Also that whole win total thing was more of a sarcastic barb at Revman.

Last edited:
The performance edge the 78 has had is not unfair, it has been well earned. No doubt about it.

Truex has proven himself to be a great driver that is benefiting from driving a really fast race car. There is nothing wrong with that.

If his performance at DEI and MWR was a reflection of equipment then why isnt his time at FRR?

My main point was geared toward the fact that he is mainly strong at one track type.

Whoa, won on a road course, 2.0 oval, and 1.5 repeatedly. That's three tracks my friend!

Deep appreciation for being able to barb with you without the name calling that can result around here. Thanks buddy. You know how much respect I have for your Joey loyalty.

My two cents on Martin....I don't give a **** about rating/comparing drivers. I am obviously Kyle biased, but I will say that I have never been more happy with a Toyota signing than when WE got Martin back. I thought he was wonderful at MWR in inconsistent cars and a suspect organization. After he got screwed by NAPA, I wanted him back badly, and I got what I wanted. Good stuff.

My two cents on Martin....I don't give a sh!t about rating/comparing drivers. I am obviously Kyle biased, but I will say that I have never been more happy with a Toyota signing than when WE got Martin back. I thought he was wonderful at MWR in inconsistent cars and a suspect organization. After he got screwed by NAPA, I wanted him back badly, and I got what I wanted. Good stuff.

I'm confused by WE. You work for Toyota?

I'm confused by WE. You work for Toyota?

Naw, there were/are a few here who got pissed when I would refer to MY Toyotas as such in the same way a football fan might consider THEIR team as such. So, I NEVER let them forget it. I have been called some very colorful names for doing so.

he didn't call them MY Toyotas when he first showed up. But his story of the little car maker that could over the big bad Nascar are entertaining and continue to be. :D

he didn't call them MY Toyotas when he first showed up. But his story of the little car maker that could over the big bad Nascar are entertaining and continue to be. :D

He doesn't remember because it was never that big of a deal to him. Others get butt hurt really easily. Equally, your unbiased rants about said little car maker are perhaps even more entertaining to me. You work really hard to believe yourself. Congrats on finally getting your wind tunnel. You are due for a much needed rest. Hope it all turns out as you have hoped and dreamed. :D

He doesn't remember because it was never that big of a deal to him. Others get butt hurt really easily. Equally, your unbiased rants about said little car maker are perhaps even more entertaining to me. You work really hard to believe yourself. Congrats on finally getting your wind tunnel. You are due for a much needed rest. Hope it all turns out as you have hoped and dreamed. :D

naw man, I don't miss call anything MY like I have ownership, it's a wind tunnel, usually used before Michigan, has been for years. Stickn ballers having to do the same thing is pretty creepy..always.

naw man, I don't miss call anything MY like I have ownership, it's a wind tunnel, usually used before Michigan, has been for years. Stickn ballers having to do the same thing is pretty creepy..always.
It'd be tough to hold onto the ball in a wind tunnel.. and for hockey players it'd be a nightmare

Gonna have to agree to disagree. I'm not trying to take away from Truex's accomplishments. I just feel like some people give him a bit too much credit. He has been a surprise over the past couple years though.

My main point was geared toward the fact that he is mainly strong at one track type. So I just feel like there is a gap there compared to other drivers. He probably will pass Joey's win total (hopefully not, I'm confident in what this season can bring) but Joey has won on every track type and shown he has that diversity. Which IMO is important when looking at driver skill. I know Truex can do it. But he hasnt.. until he does I'm just not fully convinced it's not the teams program on 1.5s that attributes to much of his recent success.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match here. Just sharing my opinion of my observations.

Gotcha. Cheers, I can do the same. A surprise, he has been, for sure!

Yes. He can do it. He will do it. Like Revman pointed out, he dominated the high-banks of 2-mile Auto Club Speedway here recently. He's had some extremely great runs at short tracks recently; he came within a nose of taking the playoffs Martinsville race at the last minute last year. He even said it himself last year - he and his team are getting stronger on all types of tracks, and even the tracks that he does not favor too much are becoming tracks that you see him running in the top ten and the top five at. Watch this space!

:swords: It's all good. :cool:

Okay. Just watch out when it comes to Toyotas. :p

Naw, there were/are a few here who got pissed when I would refer to MY Toyotas as such in the same way a football fan might consider THEIR team as such. So, I NEVER let them forget it. I have been called some very colorful names for doing so.

I'm just teasing ya, I totally get it.

Same with sports. I've sometimes found it weird referring to the Celtics as "we", I'd rather just call them, them haha

....isn't that big of deal. Never has been. Live and let live. Someone feels that connected, who gives a ****? Great for the sport. I think that sometimes the big timers on this board think that they know every backstory. They don't.

....isn't that big of deal. Never has been. Live and let live. Someone feels that connected, who gives a sh!t? Great for the sport. I think that sometimes the big timers on this board think that they know every backstory. They don't.

I find it disturbing that anyone thinks you aren't doing the fan thing properly o_O I want to see the section of the fan behavior manual that states you can't say "we" or "my" :confused:
Kyle Busch is "my" driver ........ IDGAF who likes that or doesn't like it ;)

Hahaha you really think it’s truex and not the car???? Lol this is what I’m talking bout that’s just crazy!

Hahaha you really think it’s truex and not the car???? Lol this is what I’m talking bout that’s just crazy!
What's crazy is that my point seemed to fly approximately 1,000 ft above your head.

What's crazy is that my point seemed to fly approximately 1,000 ft above your head.
Didn’t fly nowhere over my head. Just about anybody they mentioned up there could do whateva truex is doing with the mile and half car they got! He nothing special.. he only dominates on those tracks and that’s it.. can we just stop it already with this truex talk.. it’s all car nothing else here to talk about.. when he dominate on other tracks besides the mile 1/2 tracks come back in here and holla at us

Didn’t fly nowhere over my head. Just about anybody they mentioned up there could do whateva truex is doing with the mile and half car they got! He nothing special.. he only dominates on those tracks and that’s it.. can we just stop it already with this truex talk.. it’s all car nothing else here to talk about.. when he dominate on other tracks besides the mile 1/2 tracks come back in here and holla at us
Cute. Denial is a helluva thing, isn't it? Hate to bust your bubble, but no, not many of the other drivers could do what he is doing in his car. I don't know what you've been watching, considering the fact that he has actually won on non-1.5 mile tracks several times. You're gonna be hearing about Martin Truex, Jr. all season buddy, so good luck with that.

The fans from Fontana called, they want to talk to you about his domination on a track other than a mile-and-a-halfer. ;)

Cute. Denial is a helluva thing, isn't it? Hate to bust your bubble, but no, not many of the other drivers could do what he is doing in his car. I don't know what you've been watching, considering the fact that he has actually won on non-1.5 mile tracks several times. You're gonna be hearing about Martin Truex, Jr. all season buddy, so good luck with that.

The fans from Fontana called, they want to talk to you about his domination on a track other than a mile-and-a-halfer. ;)
:lol2::XXROFL: Ok he won there a lil bigger track than a mile 1/2 put him at a track when it’s all about driver like one of these short tracks and he haven’t won yet! No hate on him but I just speak the truth.. it’s his damn car when the guy has an ok car even on mile 1/2 tracks he usually finish where he starts.. every time he wins it’s usually just have a dominate car! And you insane if you think joey or some of the others that was mentioned couldn’t do what he in that mile 1/2 car... joey has proven to win on short tracks and is a way better driver than truex that gets more out of his car on a bad day.. if truex car isn’t dominate he don’t do anything .. just like last week at Texas! Just make sure you come back in here after the BRISTOL race talking that bull you talking !

I find it disturbing that anyone thinks you aren't doing the fan thing properly o_O I want to see the section of the fan behavior manual that states you can't say "we" or "my" :confused:
Kyle Busch is "my" driver ........ IDGAF who likes that or doesn't like it ;)

I appreciate that and agree. I guess it's just passion. You either have it or you don't. I like the way I do NASCAR. Brings me great joy--which by the way has pissed a couple around here off too. Perplexing.

:lol2::XXROFL: Ok he won there a lil bigger track than a mile 1/2 put him at a track when it’s all about driver like one of these short tracks and he haven’t won yet! No hate on him but I just speak the truth.. it’s his damn car when the guy has an ok car even on mile 1/2 tracks he usually finish where he starts.. every time he wins it’s usually just have a dominate car! And you insane if you think joey or some of the others that was mentioned couldn’t do what he in that mile 1/2 car... joey has proven to win on short tracks and is a way better driver than truex that gets more out of his car on a bad day.. if truex car isn’t dominate he don’t do anything .. just like last week at Texas! Just make sure you come back in here after the BRISTOL race talking that bull you talking !
Last week at Texas, a tire went down pretty early on. That could happen to literally anyone. "He usually finishes where he starts." Nine wins and twenty-four top fives in the last forty-three races. That's pretty damn fantastic. Carry on.

I don't doubt Joey's abilities, but here we go with another overstatement.

Don't worry, I'll be back after the Bristol race, and win-or-lose, I'll be just as happy as I am now to root for MTJ.

I appreciate that and agree. I guess it's just passion. You either have it or you don't. I like the way I do NASCAR. Brings me great joy--which by the way has pissed a couple around here off too. Perplexing.

The main thing is that you enjoy it ! and as always I enjoy reading your posts :salute: they bring ME great joy

Regardless of who anyone roots for, I respect their choices even if they root for somebody I do not like. As said before, I also like how passionate you are about NASCAR, Toyota, and Kyle Busch. Keep up with the massive fandom! I love it.

Last week at Texas, a tire went down pretty early on. That could happen to literally anyone. "He usually finishes where he starts." Nine wins and twenty-four top fives in the last forty-three races. That's pretty damn fantastic. Carry on.

I don't doubt Joey's abilities, but here we go with another overstatement.

Don't worry, I'll be back after the Bristol race, and win-or-lose, I'll be just as happy as I am now to root for MTJ.
I know you will be back.. but it’s not going to be good news and that’s my point.. we aren’t at a mile 1/2 track sorry

I know you will be back.. but it’s not going to be good news and that’s my point.. we aren’t at a mile 1/2 track sorry
We will see about that. ;)
It is useless to carry on and say anything like that until the checkered flag drops. :)

The main thing is that you enjoy it ! and as always I enjoy reading your posts :salute: they bring ME great joy

Thank you so much. That is very kind of you. I enjoy your posts as well. :booya:

Regardless of who anyone roots for, I respect their choices even if they root for somebody I do not like. As said before, I also like how passionate you are about NASCAR, Toyota, and Kyle Busch. Keep up with the massive fandom! I love it.

Thank you very much. Every race morning is truly like Christmas morning to me, and when I have the opportunity to attend a race, my excitement is indescribable. Absolutely love it. If that is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Hey, I just realized that your avi is Fontana isn't it? That was a great day man. Nobody seemed to mind the TRD maniac with an Interstate cap saluting your boy on that day. Kind of made up for Sonoma last year when Martin was untouchable until MY TRD motor broke <Hangs head>.

Back
Top Bottom