Kevin Harvick 2014 Predictions?

WhiningSmoke

Team Owner
I'm beginning a series on here, where I highlight every silly season driver change and ask all of you to predict how that driver is going to do in 2014.

Kevin Harvick will move from the #29 RCR Chevrolet to the #4 SHR Chevrolet. He will bring Jimmy John's and Budweiser. His crew chief will be Rodney Childers.

How do you see Harvick doing in 2014? Personally, I think the move will be a good one. I think he'll be able to dominate more races instead of simply closing, and I see him winning a few more. With Rodney Childers as a crew chief, I see him COMPETING for the championship, but not winning it all. Think a year like this one, but with more wins.

4 wins
13 top 5s
23 top 10s

4th in points.

I 'm really concerned about Stewart- Hass for 2014 in general . I see them as a mess from top to bottom. If any of them can pull off a win , it will be Harvick , but I won't be betting on any of them to make the chase . I think the world if all of them all ,individually , but race team wise , not so much.

Harvick will continue to be a bully and an a-hole. Most likely will choke at least one other driver next year.
Dont see any wins for him at all in 2014.
Kurt will outperform him all year :D

4 teams.. That's scary, keeping them all relevant and competitive will be damn tough if not impossible. At least for the first year.

But even beyond that I dont see all of them having great runs. Tony and Harvick will be good enough to contend for win while the other two will struggle.

Or it could be the other way around, depending on your opinion but I just dont see all of them being competitive at the same time.

do they get the whole car from HMS or just the engines?

Engines, and chassis.
Also any and all the HMS R&D they want including setups on any HMS cars at any given race if they want it.

SHR hangs the bodies on their cars.

Harvick will be lucky to a get a top 5 finish and will likely never make the chase again.

Tony is gonna be back more hungry than ever (get it cuz he's fat?)... But really after missing half a season I don't think he's gonna let his team suffer. All 3 will be competitive. Oh there's a 4 driver? Who actually cares

I think he'll be ok, Childers is an underrated CC. However as others mentioned, they expanded too quickly and will likely pay a price for that. Harvick I think is still a top 10 driver in the sport as well as Tony and Kurt. So I could see all of them winning a race or 2 but not much more than that. I'd be surprised if any of them can make a serious run at the championship.

I honestly think if Tony doesn't come out of the gate like a man possessed then Kurt will become the #1 at SHR.. he's spent two years bringing under funded teams great finishes. I don't like it but you give that man a Hendrick engine and he's gona make some noise.

I predict that it doesn't even matter because we all know Joey Logano's going to win 20 races or more en route to the championship!! #GreatestEver
Jeez.. only 20?! For the greatest ever? The record is 27 so that won't be good enough. :p I'd bet he at least doubles his career total next season but this is a thread about Harvick... stay on topic lol

Jeez.. only 20?! For the greatest ever? The record is 27 so that won't be good enough. :p I'd bet he at least doubles his career total next season but this is a thread about Harvick... stay on topic lol

But those 27 wins came when NASCAR ran three races a week.

Man people are pretty hard on SHR on here. My thoughts are that the 3 main cars will come out at hard next year. When I say three main I mean Tony, Kurt & Kevin. Danica will run well during speedweeks but that's where her season success will end just like this season. The team as a whole should have a good performance during speedweeks with the goal being trying to get Tony into victorylane in the 500 but if one of the other cars is faster & capaBLE then Tony will have to wait yet another year for the chance to win. The three main cars will all take at least one checkered flag & I think they'll all make the chase. I've seen Kevin's car for next year, forgot he's taking all of his sponsorship money with him over to SHR so the car pretty much looks the same with a different number. I'm looking forward to it...

I just have my doubts that the SHR equipment will be able to match the level of the driving talent they will be bringing in next year.

Tony: is a sure fire Hall of Famer
Harvick: best driver at RCR for years and also likely a Hall of Famer
Kurt: possibly a top 5 driver in terms of pure talent, can be fast on any given track, short, intermediate, RP, road course. Also potential Hall of Famer

I just don't know if SHR will be able to provide all these guys with cars equal to their abilities. I expect all of them will have struggles next year. But in terms of driver stables, that's about as good as it gets IMO.

I say Harvick will get 2 wins and 9th in points, just because of growing pains at SHR.

Engines, and chassis.
Also any and all the HMS R&D they want including setups on any HMS cars at any given race if they want it.

SHR hangs the bodies on their cars.
thanks, do all four cars get the same body? That's a lot of drivers to make happy.

thanks, do all four cars get the same body? That's a lot of drivers to make happy.

Yes they all get the same Chevy bods.
With the list of drivers at SHR next year I doubt they'll all be happy at any given time.

I feel like they're gunna get more help from the Hendrick stable

Pains me to say this but RCR equipment is not up to HMS, aka the evil empire, standards. Tony will have his hands full if he wants to beat Kurt and Kevin as top dog.

I feel like they're gunna get more help from the Hendrick stable

I don't think JJ or Jeffy are going to do Kurt or Harvick any favors just because they're with SHR. Tony might be buddy buddy with the HMS guys but Kurt and Harvick haven't made any friends over there.

Want a good laugh, start at the top.:biggrin:

In his first season with SHR, Harvick has a series-high eight poles in 32 races, compared with six poles in his first 466 career starts in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series dating back to his rookie season in 2001.

To put that in context, this year only Brad Keselowski (five) and Kyle Busch (three) have more than two Sprint Cup poles this season.

Well, so far this season, Harvick has led 19.92 percent of all the laps run in the Sprint Cup. His 1,817 laps led are more than double the total he's ever led in a season before and dwarfs the 1,518 led by Keselowski and the 1,119 led by Jimmie Johnson. No one else has led more than 916.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...igh-into-nascar-chase-eliminator-round-102214

Want a good laugh, start at the top.:biggrin:

In his first season with SHR, Harvick has a series-high eight poles in 32 races, compared with six poles in his first 466 career starts in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series dating back to his rookie season in 2001.

To put that in context, this year only Brad Keselowski (five) and Kyle Busch (three) have more than two Sprint Cup poles this season.

Well, so far this season, Harvick has led 19.92 percent of all the laps run in the Sprint Cup. His 1,817 laps led are more than double the total he's ever led in a season before and dwarfs the 1,518 led by Keselowski and the 1,119 led by Jimmie Johnson. No one else has led more than 916.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...igh-into-nascar-chase-eliminator-round-102214
LOL, he made some of us, me included, look like fools, but he's still a bully

Back
Top Bottom