Kimi Tribute: Thanks for the memories

Hotrod

2022 RFFL Champion
Might as well for Kimi's final F1 race.
Drop your favorite kimi moment good or bad here.
He still holds the greatest motorsports pass I have ever seen.
At Eau Rouge. Its #1 on this video at the end of it.

Last edited:
"Leave me alone; I know what I'm doing."

I tried that line on my girlfriend just last week. It didn't end well for me. 'Cause I'm not Kimi Raikkonen.

(She was bossing me around in the kitchen as I tried to bring three dishes to the table at same time... LOL.)

EDIT: @aunty dive, I didn't see your post... kinda deflates mine. I was too slow, as always.

Yours is better.

I was watching on TV when his car over-heated and caught fire during the Monaco Grand Prix.

He was just disgusted ... he walked halfway around the circuit, got on his yacht and started partying with his Finnish entourage. Ignored the team completely.

Great thread thanks.

It wasn't just what Kimi said, it is the monotone dead pan delivery as well. I would love to hear him call an entire race just to troll the whole world that doesn't get it, especially anyone that wants to hear one of the gerbils. I would DVR it and listen to it like background classical music on quite day just for the grins.

Kimi is by far my favorite F1 driver, I am going to miss him. Nothing seems to be polished and you can believe everything he says.

Lewis Hamilton once described winning his first race as being “better than sex.” Another reporter informed Kimi of this.
Kimi’s response? “Maybe he has never had sex.”

•Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
Kimi: “It protects my head.”

•Interviewer: ”Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have?”
Kimi: “I wipe it so that I can see better.”

When he announced his retirement, the quote that stood out to me was the one about how he felt that even if he could change anything about his career and the journey up to this point, he said that he wouldn't because he is content in that he has gotten to do things his way and enjoyed himself. I'm paraphrasing a bit but that perfectly summed up this man's character and says a lot about him besides being a racer.

Back
Top Bottom