Klingerman to Test an Open Wheel Car

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
From Jayski:
Kligerman to test Indy Lights car: Parker Kligerman, who endured a brutal run of luck in his initial Sprint Cup campaign earlier this year and has since moved onto NBCSN's NASCAR AMERICA as an analyst and spent the last few months focusing on the growth of his company, Nootelligence, will test for SPM at this weekend's Chris Griffis Memorial Road to Indy test. He'll join previously confirmed Spencer Pigot in one of SPM's current Indy Lights chassis (prior to the new Dallara IL15). "Ever since I drove a go-kart for the first time, my quest was to advance to the top levels of open-wheel racing," Kligerman said in a release. "After winning an open-wheel championship in 2006, I found myself on a different path; driving stock cars. I spent five years in the top three NASCAR divisions, but unfortunate circumstances rerouted my path earlier this year. I've always looked for opportunities that can further my career, so I want to thank Sam [Schmidt] and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports for this opportunity in Indy Lights to test an open-wheel car for the first time in eight years. Although it will be a challenge, I'm looking forward to having fun and working with a championship-caliber, open-wheel team." Schmidt's Lights team has been the standard bearer with titles from 2010 through 2013, and Sam Schmidt spoke highly of Kligerman's career heading into the test. "In this test, we will be looking for how Parker adapts to the much lighter and less horsepower characteristics of the Indy Lights car, as well as how quickly he learns road course techniques. Given that the change in equipment and type of circuit are so radical, we don't have huge expectations for a really fast time. What we will be looking for is how well he listens and if there is the potential for him to be successful in open wheel going forward. We are very excited to see what happens." (NBC Sports)(9-10-2014)

Good luck to him, hated when he lost his ride.

Happy for him. There are so many young and talented drivers mixed in that midfield to the backmarkers.

Would love to see him succeed in IndyLights and maybe he might get into IndyCar. I remember last year he finished 3rd at Road America, I think he will catch on quick.

I was bummed when he got taken out of his cup ride.. And really all three nascar divisions.. Would love to see him kick some ass in the Indycar world

Loosing the ride was bad enough, but the way it was handled made it even worse. Would love to see him exceed expectations.

Back
Top Bottom