kokomo usac smackdown

J

johnnythunderhead

the usac kokomo smackdown, a 3 night event kicks off tomorrow nite and runs fri n sat too. I've had it on my must see list all year, problem is I've no dog sitter this year and the weather reports are showing 50% chance of rain all three days. I'm not getting any work so I'm not in a position to take that risk to make a 2 hour drive (one way) only to rain out. I'm certain kokomo speedway would do all they can do to get the shows in/ but the parking lots tend to flood and get soggy and I've been told they have a sewer problem of some sort allowing the rest rooms to back up if there's a heavy, or persistent enough rain, thus forcing them to cancel/ maybe i'll run up and back on fri or sat, if the forecasts improve, I sure hate to miss it.

I've got a friend travelling out from PA for this show. Hope they get it in.

The weather is scary all over the region... Was going to go to a WoO late model show Friday in Michigan on the way to my Sunday ARCA race in WI but the forecasts have been too crappy. I'll still go to WI, but i'll just leave saturday instead. Can't risk wasting the time/money to be rained out at a WoO race...

well my suspicions were right, kokomo rained out tonight and plan on making up for this show tomorrow aft at 2 p m in 90 degree heat with a 50% chance of rain all day n all night (no thank you) sat. doesn't look any better either, just a bad w/e for racing, this whole summer has been somewhat problematic that way

can't find the edit button/ but the make up for tonites rained out events are set for sat aft at 2 p m in the 90 plus degree heat, with a 50 % chance of rain all day and all night, no thank you, I was planning on trying to come sat nite if the weather report improved, but I think i'll pass, the track will prolly be packed tight as a drum n dry-slick n dusty, and unsure of the start time for the sat. show, or the admission fee?? to much confussion

looks like thy might get the show in tonite/ tomorrow looks pretty iffy though

Back
Top Bottom