Kurt Busch post race comments

H

HardScrabble

KURT BUSCH --97-- Rubbermaid Taurus (Finished 41st) -- YOU HIT THE SAFER BARRIER. "It seems that it did its job and I'm able to walk away from a 200 mile an hour hit." DO YOU THINK SPENCER DID THAT ON PURPOSE? "Yeah, it was a tough way to go. I shouldn't have been back there in the first place. We should have just qualified steadily up front and that wouldn't have put us with that decrepit old has-been." DOES IT BLOW YOU AWAY THAT HE WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT? "No, I'm not. It's completely expected from Jimmy." WERE YOU CONCERNED WHEN YOU WALKED BACK ON THE TRACK AND GESTURED TO HIM? "No. I'm in complete control of my actions. I don't believe Jimmy is." A FRUSTRATING WEEKEND? "It's all right. We'll bounce back. We moved ourselves up to fifth in points and we'll probably drop to 10th after this. Jimmy Spencer doesn't know the first thing about points racing, so there's nothing to be concerned about. We'll be all right." ANOTHER CHAPTER IN THE SPENCER BATTLE? "Really, he's so hard-headed. Unlike the soft-wall that I hit, there's nothing you can really say or do about his type of thinking. It's pretty bad when he goes and calls out that he's gonna smash back and then does it at a 200 mile an hour race track, when there is a lot of points and a lot of money at stake. If that's the option he wanted to take, then so be it. I mean, we're race car drivers out here -- all except for the 41 car and I feel real bad for Chip Ganassi." WHY WERE YOU CALLED INTO THE NASCAR HAULER? "I'm called into the hauler because there's probably gonna be a discussion between the 41 car and the 97 car and we're gonna discuss what needs to happen. They think that there's an issue here. I didn't think there was much of an issue after Bristol. You can ask every race fan out there and every official out there and every crew guy and every anybody that has to do anything with racing, and see that there wasn't an issue with Bristol -- except for Jimmy Spencer's mind because he's got the brain of a peanut." WHAT DID YOU SEE AS FAR AS THE INCIDENT GOES? "I shouldn't have cleared him getting into turn three, that was the issue. Obviously, we're coming up through the pack and he's going backwards. That's what old decrepit has-beens do like Jimmy Spencer is and it's unfortunate that we cleared him getting into turn three, which made us vulnerable and he dumped us." WHAT MESSAGE WERE YOU SENDING ON THE TRACK? "I wanted to see him black-flagged. I pointed to my butt and wanted him sent to the rear. That's what they do in Saturday night short-track racing."

Wonder if Kurt will get jimmy back, even though he denied that he races like Jimmy Spencer.

I think that Kurt just really wants to be the president of Jimmy's fan club! ;)

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
Wonder if Kurt will get jimmy back, even though he denied that he races like Jimmy Spencer.

Deny it all he wants.........two peas of the same pod!!:) If Kurt doesn't change his attitude, ten years from now he will "Mr. Excitement" and a "decreped, old, never was" too. Still haven't heard Jimmy's side.:)

Originally posted by ParkHere
I think that Kurt just really wants to be the president of Jimmy's fan club! ;)

:ROFLMFAO:

That's the best one yet PH!! I'll hand over the gavel to him!!:ROFLMFAO:

I thought Kurt was funny as he!!, I still think he was saying "You wanna hit me, come on" then "KISS MY AZZ".

ROLL OUT THE DONUTS on the track, Fans... now that's debris.

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill

Kurt will suck out all of the cream filling in the donuts before next week's driver's meeting, mix his Ju-Ju Bee's with Stacker2 and put a Santa Clause suit in Jimmy's locker and hide his driving suit....

Did Spencer hit him intentionally? More than likely.
Can anyone show conclusive proof? No.
Will Kurt get even? More than likely.
Should Spencer be penalized? No.

C'mon, where's all that good ol' Dale Earnhardt "Rubbin is racin"? Or did that only apply to him? Kurt banged Spencer for a win at Bristol. Spencer has carried a torch for him ever since. I call it even, with Spencer maybe a little ahead due to the force Kurt hit the wall with...call it interest. They're big boys, and both of them have been on the giving and receiving end of these incidents long before they raced each other. They'll be fine.

I agree with ya TWF, said on another thread that NASCAR should sit this one out. It'll sort itself out just fine without penalties or interference.

I guess Kurt forgot about his incident with Robby Gordon during The Winston.........Maybe Jimmy was giving him some memory lessons? ;)

I love Kurt's character. Some of what he said about Jimmy, wow, that's pretty good stuff. The Busch-Spencer battle has been interesting, but I say keep it on the short tracks.

I just wish Kurt wouldn't hold back, and tell us what he really thinks :)

Kurt, Jimmy, Jack and Chip will have a chat in the big red truck at Watkins Glen, but I am willing to bet that we will hear from these two again.

....and so did Jimmy....that's racin.

I am a fan of our hometown hero but every driver out there has to pay their dues and learn their lessons. Kurt is doing both.

Yeah i see pay back comin........maybe Bristol or th rematch race at Richmond!

I would bet my Greg Biffle bumper-sticker that the junior member of the 'killer-b's' will give ol'Spence a little payback.Maybe even at the Glen this weekend!

what about season ender when robby spun jeffie, things will prevail u just gotta see how they react

Lap3 your Vice President! By the way, love that new Avatar! Looks good on you. Remind me not to bet with Awesome Bill anytime soon! Couldn't stand the horror of that!:p

Back
Top Bottom