kurts pre race comments

S

smack500

He said something like

I have no respect for jimmy, If it was anyone else I would not have done that to them.

Does this mean if another driver causes trouble with him, he will loose respect for them and add them on the ok to damage on purpose list?

I don't know but the more he talks the more I dislike him!
IMO that is what NASCAR needs is someone to get the boos. Jeff still does but not as bad as he used to!

Did anyone hear what Busch said after the race. They ask him about the fans booing him and he said that he did not care about them(meaning the fans) that all he cared about was his race team. Well, I wonder who Kurt thinks buys all of that merchandise that he is trying to sell. And all of that talk about Kurt by those three has beens hosting the race on TNT did not impress me one bit. They had that poor old guy and his wife on saying that Kurt was always nice to them when their son was hurt. Well I guess he is since Kurt was driving the sons car. And I really don't believe that Sterling was trying to let him go by him either. This is all a bunch of bull if you ask me.. I AM NOT BUYING IT AT ALL.. :dual9mm:

I would not care about the fans that boo me either. Sterling also did mention that he was going to let Kurt go by him. He said that he guessed he did not get out of the way fast enough.

Funny thing is I did not hear Kurt say he did not care about the fans.

I'm getting old and the hearing ain't what it used to be. It never was that good and listening to race car engines and such over the years ain't improved it even a little, so maybe I just missed it.

But I do read pretty good. Nowhere have I seen any article quote any such statement by Kurt. And given the nature of the media in playing to this brouhaha for all they're worth, no way they would have passed it up.

I can get ya all kinds of post race quotes from Kurt, but not that one......

How about a direct verbatim quote on it??

Same goes for the Spencer and Kurt would have only done it to him..........don't remember that one either.

Kurt better start watching for the drivers that lost respect for him (if they ever had any to begin with). If he feels he can boot anyone he doesn't respect, well that opens the door for everyone to put him in the fence just because they don't have respect for him or anyone else for that matter. Does anyone else love his logic? I don't think he can make until Dec. without a visit to the big red truck.

I thought I actually heard the opposite. That he did have respect for Jimmy and that he was also real sorry for what had taken place the previous weekend.

Maybe Kurt ought to talk with Ernie Irvan about other drivers respect.

IF anyone could get the transcripts from the prerace, and post them on here that could solve alot of these mysterys.

i couldn't here what kurt said for the boos, god almighty folks i was there and i don't think in the 25+ years i have been watching and attending nascar i have ever heard anyone booed like that.

Here it is from what I got when I taped the race:

Marty Snider: What were your intentions after when you made contact with Spencer after Michigan?
Kurt Busch: What happened was an assault after the race and what had happened leading out of it in the past was that I had two wrecked race cars over it and I dont respect Jimmy Spencer and therefore what happened over the audio during the race and after the race was because of the fact I dont respect him. I never expected him to cross over that line and so with having two wrecked race cars is why I dont respect him and then having everyone else on the field respect everyone else out there thats something I wouldnt do to anybody else except him. And the things that happened afterwards obviously he was agitated and he came up to my window and I wouldnt back down to him, I never thought he'd cross that line. And what we have to do is move forward and I chose to accept my probation and to help this thing move forward and put it behind us. Whats gonna happen in the future is that I'm still going to be the aggressive driver who wants to go to the front but I dont wanna wreck anybody else's fenders while doing it, I'm a clean racer and that's how I'll do it.

He kind of jumped over the part of his doing it looks like to me. He kind of forgot to mention stopping in front of Jimmys hauling a running his mouth daring him to do something. I guess he figured that the line was safe inside of his car. Last year I didn't like him and his mouth, but at the beginning of this year it seemed like he had matured so I was beginning to warm up a little to him. After what has happened in the last couple of weeks my opinion of him is even lower than last years. I just think that he isn't caught the hint yet. Respect is a two way street. Ernie Irvan took awhile to learn that. I think Kurt and Ernie ought to have a talk.

I heard Sterling's crew chief say that they did not have a chance to get out of the way. The thing about the fans was said at the end of the interview after the race. I could be mistaken but I don't think that I am. I am not a fan of his and never have been so it really does not matter to me, but if Jeff Gordon ever said anything even close to that I would never buy another thing with his name on it. He has never even said anything about the fans that boo him and their are a lot of those as you know. If by some slim chance that I am mistaken about this :unsure: then let me apologize for it now.....

Back
Top Bottom