Kwik Trip 250 at Road America Pre-Race

I need to get the Sonoma taste out of my mouth. Can't wait for this.

I'm almost ashamed to admit it but the track is only 30 minutes from my house and I've never been there. Unfortunately won't have a chance to attend this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm almost ashamed to admit it but the track is only 30 minutes from my house and I've never been there. Unfortunately won't have a chance to attend this weekend.

The last time I was there was the early to mid 90’s, my dad brought us to a string of CART races consecutively. I sure would like to go back to an Indy Car Race there.

The last time I was there was the early to mid 90’s, my dad brought us to a string of CART races consecutively. I sure would like to go back to an Indy Car Race there.
It's way different now from the mid 90's and for all the right reasons. You should indeed consider going to the Indycar race there next year, it's a packed weekend, great racing, and super affordable.

37 Cup cars for Road America. The 27 team with Loris Hezemans entered. 15-Hand 16-Allmendinger 77-Bilicki 78-Tilley.

1656433777043.png

It's way different now from the mid 90's and for all the right reasons. You should indeed consider going to the Indycar race there next year, it's a packed weekend, great racing, and super affordable.
kicking around going to IndyCar next year at Road America and taking my family. We'll see, its been way too long since I've been to one of their races.

Oh Sammy Sammy, no road course racing on the books, bypassing Kyle's trucks hmmm and they entered you at Road America for your first race in Xfinity. Into the fire. This should be good.

I'd expect a large crowd again this year, especially if fans have some sort of idea that this will be the last year Cup races at Road America.
I'm not a road course fan but man that place packs them in even for the Xfinity races

I'm not a road course fan but man that place packs them in even for the Xfinity races

Road America is one of those special places that has a large fanbase for the track itself. Back during the end of ChampCar, it would draw well, IMSA by itself draws well, Xfinity has always had a good crowd... hell even the June Sprints SCCA has a good amount of folks.

I think it'd be a mistake for NASCAR to leave Road America. A big mistake, but I've been wrong before.

Probably should blow up a couple cars or something :idunno:

They did have a huge crowd last year so I guess someone found it exciting
Yeah, yeah, yeah...
Guess I am still po'd that its not the Firecracker 400.
I have been to Road America and its just not a favorite track for me. I guess coming from a short track upbringing, when attending a race I like to see the whole track.
If I remember correctly I found a rock at the top of the hill in the center and I could probably see about 50% of the track.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...
Guess I am still po'd that its not the Firecracker 400.
I have been to Road America and its just not a favorite track for me. I guess coming from a short track upbringing, when attending a race I like to see the whole track.
If I remember correctly I found a rock at the top of the hill in the center and I could probably see about 50% of the track.

Agreed on not wanting to go to a road course. I like them on TV but I too like to be able to see the whole track if I'm at it.

Excited for this race....Love the drag/downforce compromise......Going to be fascinating.

To me Road America is America's closest equivalent to the Nordschleife. I would hate it if this was the last Cup race there.

RA is not the longest professional circuit in North America. It actually belongs to another two tracks. Who can name one o the two?

Hints-
-Has hosted professional, televised racing in the past 15 years.
-Posed a unique issue for engines due to a couple of factors you would not see at other tracks.
-Extension made one of the tracks the longest in NA, and is the current holder.

Not saying your opinion is wrong lol. Just wondering if anyone can get this little tidbit.

RA is not the longest professional circuit in North America. It actually belongs to another two tracks. Who can name one o the two?

Hints-
-Posed a unique issue for engines due to a couple of factors you would not see at other tracks.

Not saying your opinion is wrong lol. Just wondering if anyone can get this little tidbit.
First two hints make me wanna say Utah Motorsports Park. Blanking on the second one at the moment.

Hints-

Miller Motorsports Park was way better than Utah Motorsports “Campus”. Gotta love how they call corners “Witchcraft” and “The Attitudes”. Maybe they can have a road course race worth a crap there it has good sightlines for real

Back
Top Bottom