Kyle Busch apologies

As stated somewhere else here: M&Ms/Mars can't be happy. If they had any integrity they'd drop his immature ass and move sponsorship to someone that is a real role model.

Shouldn't he be required to do sensitivity training now? I thought Hallie used the same word and was required to and that wasn't even in major media from what I recall?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm sure he will be sentenced to sensitivity training.

HOWEVER ... Hailie Deegan's deal was part of a list of idiotic and insensitive jackass statements.

As stated somewhere else here: M&Ms/Mars can't be happy. If they had any integrity they'd drop his immature ass and move sponsorship to someone that is a real role model.
Guess I didn't even think about the Mars spin on it. They can't be happy if their target demographic is children

Guess I didn't even think about the Mars spin on it. They can't be happy if their target demographic is children

Yeah but he's make a jackhole of himself before and they've done nothing. His antics as a whole should have resulted in some repercussions but never have other than a write up and threats.

Yeah but he's make a jackhole of himself before and they've done nothing. His antics as a whole should have resulted in some repercussions but never have other than a write up and threats.
When was it that they took the name off the car for a race as a punishment? I remember interstate batteries jumped in though

He apologized to Bubba Wallace too. Guy needs to shut his mouth

This is far from the first time Kyle has been in hot water for what he has said. Mars doesn't seem to care that much.
For Kyle this may die away quickly between the championship 4 and what Denny did post race. Either way I think he should be required to do sensitivity training because Hallie was required to.

I thought we want characters in the Cup Series and not corporate spokespersons in firesuits who say the same standard phrases after every race?

It makes it difficult to root for a guy or gal that uses that word but easier to booooo.
Its such an early elementary school word and usually only bullies used it.

I thought we want characters in the Cup Series and not corporate spokespersons in firesuits who say the same standard phrases after every race?
Sure we do. I enjoy his meltdowns as much as anyone. But being a blanking blank about it just shows his immaturity and assholeness.

Kyle's character and antics may piss off Mars but besides that he's a great company man. They use him heavily in promotion. He does a lot with the kids, more than other drivers I see. Samantha is also a top pick of drivers wives and keeps their family image very very positive.

Seriously?

Not as in looks lol (well, she is tho). She posts tons of family content on their social media channels and has a lot of charity work going on. Stuff a sponsor of kids candy and dog food would like to see

Maybe he'll win his third Championship next year. It seems to be working for the most recent Hendrick driver who completed his...

Sensitivity training? I can almost hear the old timers bellyaching about how NASCAR has gone soft.

Soft? Nah. Elevating past the mentality of a 13 year old*? Sure.

*With apologies to most 13 year olds.

Racing forums is probably sending me to sensitivity training soon. I hope to come back a changed man.

Yeah me too...

"retarded" is the new g-a-y in that it's quickly falling out of appropriate vernacular because... because....? Stigma? I don't even know. Neither word had a negative connotation til the past decade or so.

Yeah me too...

"retarded" is the new g-a-y in that it's quickly falling out of appropriate vernacular because... because....? Stigma? I don't even know. Neither word had a negative connotation til the past decade or so.
I mean if Kyle Busch was lashing out against people with actual mental disabilities I'd understand the uproar, but to my knowledge Brad Keselowski does not fit that definition, I could be wrong.

well, Kyle’s word wasn’t a good choice… I’m not spending time today trying to cancel the guy… like many, I had other things to tend to

Buuuttttt, I’ve been wondering where the hell the 2 car thought he was going by putting the 18 in the wall… it was for literally nothing.

I respect Brad showing that he ‘wanted’ to make the final 4… but the dude was a dart without feathers. Brain Vickers 2011 comes to mind watching Brad drive over everyone in sight

Just sensitivity training folks, not like he’s getting suspended for life.

Pretty sure the same thing happened to Deegan.

Had to come to the nascar section when I read this this morning. Sensitivity training? I'm by no means a Kyle Busch fan but I'm guessing that he now realizes he was wrong to use a word that many find offensive. I'm not saying 'all', because that would be an incorrect statement. I'm also guessing that 'Sensitivity Training' doesn't change Kyle Busch.

In the context of how Kyle said it really doesn't personally bother me. But I think the standard has been set in nascar on that one.

Offensive words don't mean much to me as when you make some the forbidden ones they just use new ones. I guess now we've moved on the "Karen" and "Boomer"

Context matters. And I think people need to be somewhat forgiving when people use the r-word in this context because it is a new thing for that word to not be okay to say. Not that it was ever okay, but it's a pretty recent thing for the use of that word to be worthy of cancelation.

Kyle didn't use that as a slur either, IMO. Again, context matters.

Back
Top Bottom