Kyle Busch appreciation thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by NJJammer, Sep 17, 2017.

1. NJJammer

NJJammer Team Owner

While I expect and realize this will probably draw a 5 to 1 or even a 10 to 1 ratio of "haters" to fans, I am dying to know what drew you to Kyle as a fan. While I agree with some that he can be a sore loser and crybaby at times, I love his "take no prisoners attitude" and his aggressive driving style. His lack of movie-star good looks doesn't matter at all to me and I love that he is not as polished in his interactions with media, ala Jimmie Johnson and others. Get in the car, drive it to it's full potential and take the checkers. That is what draws me to Kyle. Love him (or more likely HATE him, but you sure as heck cannot ignore him or deny his abilities in a racecar.) I get a rush during driver intros when he is booed and I am one of the few standing, clapping and screaming. He's my favorite driver and I feed off the hate. I want to hear your reasons.

2 Sweet likes this.
  2. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Became a fan of his as previously I was a Jr fan and had just grown tired of being a fan of his. Mostly by his performance but the only reason I was a fan was because most my older relative's were Sr. fans and naturally went to Jr and that was my guy. Once I got old enough to understand the sport more I realized Jr didn't fit what I was looking for as a fan and started looking elsewhere. Rooted for Bowyer for a while until a race where Jr and Kyle got into it and I've been a Kyle fan ever since.

I like his attitude and think NASCAR could use a few more like him. Can't deny his driving ability which is top notch. Also he drives a Toyota which apparently have an advantage which is great. Everything is great.

NJJammer likes this.
  3. PPFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT.........

LOL......

Just kidding you..... glad you enjoy him.......:D

NJJammer likes this.
  4. Reck

Reck Enrique?

On a board with probably 5 or so Kyle fans...you're not going to get much positive things other than an agreement he's a solid, capable driver.

Why dont I tell you why I dislike him? Much more interesting topic of discussion, imo. But wont rain on your parade.

5. Ashstrodamus

Ashstrodamus Team Owner

6. NJJammer

NJJammer Team Owner

7. NJJammer

NJJammer Team Owner

That's funny. :)

Ashstrodamus likes this.
  8. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

Wouldn't say "Fan" but Kyle does spice things up, love him or hate him. He's the villain and he knows it and embraces it. It's much more fun when a sport's villain embraces who they are.

I watch sports to be entertained. Kyle Busch is an entertainer.

2 Sweet, Whizzer, LJ7201 and 9 others like this.
  9. Reck

Reck Enrique?

For me, is mainly his fans.

Most are highly irritating and frustrating to have a conversation with because they think he's literally a god or something.

I understand fandom and people who really like their sport and or drivers but there's a limit to where reality has to set in.

As a driver I think he's a hell of a driver that, if he hones his craft and mature..really mature he can probably be the next Jimmie Johnson. On the driving aspect I have little to criticize.

The way he behaves off the track leaves a lot to be desire and I roll my eyes most of the time he talks.

I guess me not liking him has more to do with his fans than himself. The way his fans go about saying how he's better than driver x y and z as well as inflate his stats in racing drive me nuts. The talking head dont help either when they talk about his greatness and fake statistics. (200 wins in nascar blah blah)

They dont even explain that's combine so a casual watcher or new fan would assume its all on one level of racing. Things like that drive me up the walls.

I have to put up with that nonsense pretty much every time my best buddy @kyle18fan posts. Dumbass.

Biggreen695 and NJJammer like this.
  10. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

I watched him drive in a Nationwide race ......... went to the back twice and won. I have never seen a driver work traffic like he can. Kyle brought me back to Nascar. I also heard a lot of folks at the track talking crap about him ......... that's the guy I want to support.
    The more folks that hate him the sweeter his wins are for me ...... and lets face it ... the dude pulled off not one but two Bristol sweeps !!!!

This thread was a great idea but it will quickly go the way of the numerous Danica threads

bustedknee, NJJammer and Simple Fan like this.
  11. bigspud

bigspud Team Owner

I remember the very 'day' i became a KDB fan,
    it was a horna-day.

CaptainHiTop, NJJammer and Hotrod like this.
  12. Reck

Reck Enrique?

This that kind of nonsense I'm talking about.

Wow Kyle can drive through the field when most are 3-5 mph slower than he is while also less experienced.

OldTimer and Biggreen695 like this.
  13. kyle18fan

Yeah ......... I haven't watched many races in my 60+ years of being a race fan and for several years a racer myself ......... so I wouldn't recognize a talented driver if I saw one !!! Any old back marker could pull off two Bristol sweeps .. hell .... you could even do it

MAGICMILER and Simple Fan like this.
  14. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

How is that nonsense? He showed just that during the road course races this year. I don't think your problem is his fans but your denial of his talents.

CaptainHiTop likes this.
  15. Reck

Reck Enrique?

I highlighted the portion of your post for a reason.

In no way am I dicrediting his talent. Just the bit about working traffic which can virtually be applied to any good or decent drivers in this series.

OldTimer likes this.
  16. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Thank you for both of you proving my point.

What's magical about making passes on back markers?

Like I said, any decent driver is able to do it. It's nothing special coming from a driver since you know...passing cars is what they are supposed to do.

OldTimer likes this.
  17. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

So just because it can be said about other drivers means anytime a fan brings up about Kyle its nonsense? Kyle Larson is someone who has done it alot this year as well, is that nonsense?

18. kyle18fan

Fun thread ........ funs over for me here

19. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

It's not just back markers, if a guy can drive through a field he driving through everyone. There are not alot that can do it which means the ones that can are quite talented.

20. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Have at it, boss. Everything is great.

21. Yogisd1

Yogisd1 Resident Retard

I don't really know why I like him. I just like the way he drives a car.

aunty dive and NJJammer like this.
  22. NJJammer

NJJammer Team Owner

23. stop-n-hop

stop-n-hop Gasman

There are a handfull of drivers that make the races interesting. Kyle Larson and Kyle Busch are 2 guys that make me feel like I get my money's worth when I go to a race. They do things with their car that most others won't do. I go to the race to see these guys put on a show and they do. Dale Sr. was one of those drivers, he would do things with the car that others wouldn't attempt to do.

24. Brigeton

Brigeton Jackman

I like watching Kyle race & he has also ran late models at my local track several times. Every time I thought I would call myself a fan he says something that makes him sound like an ass. Now I kind of consider myself a Larson fan though I don't really hate any driver.

25. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

And around and around and around goes the cycle of "why I hate/love kybu" threads. Must be at least , oh I dunno, a couple'a weeks since we had one.

StandOnIt and DanicaFreak like this.
  26. KyBuownsyourbrain

KyBuownsyourbrain Crew Chief

LOL.

A KyBu thread is like heroin to some.

27. Zerkfitting

Zerkfitting Team Owner

When he first started I didn't like him (he should have kept his mouth shut). But his race performance changed my opinion. I got a kick out of his defiant victory bow to a booing crowd (I've noticed the booing is reduced over time). Plus he owns race teams in the feeder series which contributes to the future of NASCAR.

NJJammer likes this.
  28. Biggreen695

Biggreen695 Team Owner

Especially when my dog could win in their equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29. I can appreciate Kyle for being a talented driver.

The less I know about a driver and his personality or personal life the better as I watch Nascar for the flag to flag action and would rather concentrate on that aspect. Of course in today's day and age it is impossible not to be bombarded with all sorts of information that is not relevant to the task at hand. If I want good guy/bad guy stuff I will watch some 30-40 year old wrestling shows as those guys were a hoot or I will watch a movie. I realize I am in the minority on this issue as a lot of the fans want to know all sorts of things about the drivers and their families and interests and there is not a thing wrong with it other than it just isn't something important to me.

30. KyBuownsyourbrain

KyBuownsyourbrain Crew Chief

I pretty much feel the same way.

I tune in for racing and don't give a hoot about driver's personal lives, kids, houses, pets, rashes, favorite foods or exes.

I just want to see some good racing.

Skoalbandit33 and aunty dive like this.
  31. kyle18fan

Woof woof

32. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

I like Kyle a lot but he can't be the next JJ, considering 80% of their careers will be against each other. It's the way his fans, and the media oversell his accomplishments that bothers me. Kyle can go fast and can wheel the hell out of a car. But he is not THE most talented driver in cup. He just isn't. He's up there though

I think his downfalls as a driver is equipment management and versatility. If his car isn't good, he struggles. Kyle is the second best driver of his generation, which is a feat in of itself. But you can't upsurp that when you spend 10+ years of your cup career being beaten consistently in wins and championships by the generation's best driver.

Kyle is deservedly #2. The Tony Stewart to Jeff Gordon, if you will. And still is a fun driver to watch on the track, and moreso off the track. A hall of fame driver that will likely end up with a top 10 cup career. That's worth celebrating. Elevating him to something he isn't, and likely will never be isn't worth celebrating.

I love watching all time greats race. He and Larson are very similar in driving style and I'm surprised Busch doesn't do more on dirt.

For the record, I think Kyle consciously chooses to let his emotions get to him cause it's his character. When he's not being moody, he DOES come off humble and HAS admitted inferiority. He's reffered to JJ as Superman, and when asked what cup driver is best on dirt, he said "Kyle Larson, for sure".

Ego isn't an issue for Kyle. His issue is behavior and mood. He's fun. Personally, I dont root against him cause I can't stand him winning, I'll root against him because he is just damn hilarious in interviews.

He and Tony Stewart are the only two drivers who consistently have made me belly laugh

33. Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger Go Kyle Go

34. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

What I laugh at is his fans who call anyone who isn't a fan a "hater" and say we hate him etc. I don't hate any driver but I'm sure as hell not a fan. He has talent but he also can be a bit of a dick sometimes.
    Like this moment this guy is talking about. Kyle had a chance to still win that race but like the dick he can be, he took out a CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER in a lower series because of hard racing.

35. MAGICMILER

MAGICMILER Bistol..Then,Waffle House.

He's one helluva wheel man. And funny too.

aunty dive likes this.
  36. Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger Go Kyle Go

FB_IMG_1502045327083.jpg

Clutch and Rick like this.
  37. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Can I ask why the word haters is used? It's possible to you know not like someone and not be a hater.

38. Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger Go Kyle Go

If you don't like the KB appreciation thread don't read it

CaptainHiTop likes this.
  39. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Didn't say I didn't like it, and I can read where I want to read. It happens in more than just this thread as well. It's just funny that his fans are about the only people I see throw the word "haters" around. I just was asking why that is

40. Revman

Revman Mods are Motivators.

I go with disliker. Much less abrasive.

Skoalbandit33 and NJJammer like this.