Kyle Busch appreciation thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by NJJammer, Sep 17, 2017.

1. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

This year is very conflicting for me, other then my young guns (Larson and Erik Jones) Busch and Harvick are my favorites in that order. Makes it a good and bad thing being a fan of both because either way I end up kind of upset and happy every week lol

Zerkfitting likes this.
  2. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

Did you see the VL interview at Pocono?

3. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I saw Harvick stalking him like a cyborg

4. rd45usa

rd45usa Team Owner

5. Revman

Revman Mods are Motivators.

My exact feeling when Martin won the Championship.

6. BobbyFord

Kyle Busch is currently 13th on the all time win list. 5 wins away from the top 10 :cool:

7. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Yeah, that was his race to win. Glad Kyle triumphed over him, but without his lousy pit crew doing their work and Aric having a bit of a brain fade on pit road, we would have seen a much different outcome.

8. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

About to start my day at work.. just thinking how good of a year it’s been so far! It’s going to get even better after Sunday because he will dominate there too!

9. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

Makes me wonder what the 4 car has been getting away with all year. Bottom line is that Kyle won the race with ONE fan

10. kyle18fan

Kyle has 6 wins this season, it looks to me like they are doing quite well

11. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

This is just the second season Kyle has won more than 5 races in a season.

Also the first season since 2008 where there were multiple drivers with more than 5.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

12. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

yep the last two years of the new less downforce package it can be argued it is becoming a trend. Aero and gaining more downforce is more critical than ever. The faster they go the more so.

13. Revman

Hell yes brother.
    Polarizing is an understatement when it comes to Kyle. I don't spend a tenth of the time that many around here do thinking about drivers that I don't root for. I did, however, reflect the other day on what NASCAR would look like without KB. Pretty. Damn. Boring. Those that are "NASCAR fans"--fans of the sport rather than a specific driver, team, or manufacturer should take note. This sport would be in bigger trouble without him.
    Not sure if this is a commentary on KB's lack of performance, or a statement about the competitiveness of the series. What about the stats for Jimmie, Junior, Kevy, Brad, etc.? KB sure moves the needle.
    I complete disagree, Kyle won with thousands of fans. #RowdyNation :p

14. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

need a couple more like him IMO. Most are too scared to step out of line and lose their funding

NJJammer and Thegeneral23 like this.
  15. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Coach made sure that didn't happen.

16. Revman

Maybe this is why he has a following. I find it refreshing that he doesn't seem to compromise who he wants to be. We probably need more of this in all aspects of life IMO. Plus, the guy is fantastic with his fans. A great person who really doesn't give a sh!t about those of have an illusion of who he is as a person. This is a strong dude.

NJJammer likes this.
  17. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

The women that own Mars like him. ;) Kinda like having a baby alligator, cute. :p

18. Revman

Mars is bigger than Coach. They didn't do anything they didn't want to do.

19. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

Love this statement !!

NJJammer likes this.
  20. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

way I look at it, if I wasn't mackin on ol Kyle all of the time this joint would be pretty damn boring for me anyway. nothing but mostly death bead crap. stick n ball, and the exciting world of TV ratings. :p:D

NJJammer, Revman and Thegeneral23 like this.
  21. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

Ohhhh ok I get it now!!! :lol2::lol2:

StandOnIt likes this.
  22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

yeah they say the old gal is worth 78 billion, chicken feed, a tax write off for them to sponsor a Nascar. but? every once in a while he isn't Rev's little angel who can do no wrong :rolleyes:

The recent actions by Kyle Busch are not consistent with the values of Mars Chocolate North America. While we are disappointed with the situation, we hope the drivers and team members involved learn from this experience and continue to grow as professional athletes representing the sport.

Busch retaliated against Logano after contact between the two drivers on the last lap of the Kobalt 400 sent Busch sliding down pit road. He finished 22nd.

and:

In 2011, Mars, Inc. dropped its primary sponsorship of Busch for the final two races of the season after he intentionally wrecked Ron Hornaday Jr. under caution at Texas Motor Speedway in a Camping World Truck Series race.

23. Revman

Has Mars done anything they didn't want to do? Why do you think they didn't dump Kyle?

24. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

Easy --- they saw bang for their bucks. In more ways than one.

25. Revman

Bingo, and that's more that just in the wins. Kyle is fabulous with his sponsors, amazing to kids, and an absolute joy to be around. This infuriates the Dislikers which makes it even more fun to be a fan. Mars sees this. Coach sees this. Rowdy Nation sees this. Dislikers fight this.

NJJammer and kyle18fan like this.
  26. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Hard to believe I am going to write this, but, even I have come around to liking KB a little better than before. I think it was his talks with Dale Jr. on Dales pod cast that helped change my view of him. Plus the fact that he gives quit a few young drivers opportunities in his KBM Trucks.

NJJammer and Revman like this.
  27. BobbyFord

Did anyone mention the Pocono Sweep yet? :)

NJJammer and kyle18fan like this.
  28. Revman

That is Kyle, and always has been IMO. The other version behind the visor can be difficult to manage, but a companies like Toyota, Mars, and JGR believe that this difficulty is worth it because the guy is that good. Believe me.....Martin winning the Title last year was much easier on TRD and Toyota than 2015. However, Toyota and TRD cope because in return, they get the winningest driver in Toyota history to remain that way for a very long time. I love how Kyle pushes TRD. I do not believe that they would be two time Manufacturers Champs (leading in the quest for a three-peat, or two time Drivers Champs without him. They understand this, and I do believe that Kyle has made concessions. We haven't heard anything like Dover a few years ago since.

NJJammer likes this.
  29. kyle18fan

He must be getting better

30. kyle18fan

Last I heard, Mars was getting big returns for their money ..... Kyle lays golden eggs

NJJammer and Revman like this.
  31. Revman

Eh. :D

kyle18fan likes this.
  32. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

eh he's gone to the dogs I'm afraid. The nerd with the glasses..what can ya say trucks jr.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  33. Revman

Is there one person watching that sh!t that is actually going to watch the race? That is painful. Like watching a football game at a baby shower.

StandOnIt likes this.
  34. Revman

The time KB makes in the Bus Stop is just freakin' amazing. Damn, if I ever get to that track, I want to sit there just to see that.

NJJammer, kyle18fan and BobbyFord like this.
  35. Marcingak

Marcingak Team Owner

I thought it was cool of KB to congratulate Chase on his victory and compliment his driving.

NJJammer, TexasRaceLady and BobbyFord like this.
  36. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

That's this week

37. Revman

I hope its just this week....I don't need to stand behind you to get my KB swag. I freaking hate backorder.

kyle18fan likes this.
  38. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

39. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

what does that have to do with having fun making snarky comments when he flips out? :p:p:D

40. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Oh that certainly isn't gonna change ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk