Kyle Busch appreciation thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by NJJammer, Sep 17, 2017.

1. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Kyle Busch win counter guy Contributor

How many sweeps for DW ?

2. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

How many times did he attempt it? And the truck series wasn't around until 95, when he was well past his prime so that's an invalid argument.

mack likes this.
  3. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

He's the reason a lot if people even tune into those races also. You let on as if Kyle's racing nobodies in the Xfinity series and that's really not true. Most his Xfinity wins have come with Cup drivers in the field. My favorite thing about Kyle racing in Xfinity or Trucks though is when he gets beat by one of the young drivers.

CaptainHiTop likes this.
  4. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Amen

5. kyle18fan

So the answer is none

Simple Fan likes this.
  6. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

Anyone who really thinks Rowdy getting the triple twice at Bristol isn’t impressive is either blinded by hatred or knows nothing about the sport. Bristol is one of the toughest tracks to drive and is the great equalizer in terms of equipment. To do it twice in 3 different kinds of machines shows what a talent he is. And no, I don’t think another driver could pull it off

7. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

Chocolate yesterday said Kyle played the HS game and won, then he played in the college game and won, then in the NFL game, he got third....lol...thought it was kinda funny.

8. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

let him win it 7 times in a row in a cup race like DW did and we'll talk.

9. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

Chocolate?
    Hot chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate?

10. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

I'm a fan of Kyle. 200 wins across the three series will be a huge accomplishment. He is a top 3 most talented driver in the cup series. But who knows if he would've put up the best numbers if Tony Stewart raced all 3 series his whole career, or Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson. To say he's even on their level based on his lower series stats is totally invalid. None of the all time greats ever made as many starts as he did in the lower series.

LewTheShoe, mack and gnomesayin like this.
  11. kyle18fan

You have to start to win !

Simple Fan likes this.
  12. mack

mack Team Owner

Danny "Chocolate" Myers. He was Dale Srs gas man for years. He knows the sport better than most. And he crewed for one of the three seven time champs. He's well respected in the sport. There is an award at the annual NASCAR banquet named after his uncles. He has deep roots in the sport.

13. BobbyFord

My bad. Who’d he driver for?
    Oh, another non-driver with an opinion. We got enough of those here.
    Did Petty do good in his time? Absolutely.
    Is Kybu doing good in his time? Absolutely.
    Could Kyle win in a chrome bumper car? Who knows.
    Could Richard dominate in 2019? Who knows.
    Comparing motorsports eras is not logical

Clutch and kyle18fan like this.
  14. BobbyFord

Can you imagine how Broc Glover would’ve done on a thumper?

kyle18fan likes this.
  15. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

16. mack

mack Team Owner

That's what I'm talking about. Shrub will surely move on up. I can see him winning another 25 or so...maybe.

17. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

This is still crazy impressive by Kyle. He's only what 33 or 34 years old, he has plenty of time to win more Cup races. He will easily be one of the greatest to do it.

18. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

More then fair but its all subjective, People from my generation will never say Kyle Busch was a better driver then Bobby Allison and people today will say Kyle was better. Youre milage may vary. I do remember Carl Edwards saying after he won the Dover 400 he couldnt imagine going another 100 miles while being interviewed with Bobby Allison and said that what Bobby did was remarkable considering never having the creature comforts of today.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  19. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

Anyone that's watched since 2000 knows him. And whether he's diven or not (I think he has, just not at top 3 levels) doesn't invalidate his opinion.

What KB has done is impressive in cup, but this 200 number is a joke when you think of ALL the times he races in the Farm Leagues. ESPECIALLY the truck series. Holy sh!t how low does a professional go? Especially when he is anointed the best ever by his followers. I'd feel a little foolish doing donuts after beating up on the little leaguers....But I guess he needs that feeling of accomplishment. Wow!..

mack likes this.
  20. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Now that Arca and K&N are Nascar series he really can pad the hell out of his numbers. They also own another 8 or 10 lower tier series that he can race in. Yep "I've won 1'286 Nascar races, aint I a bad as$".

Ventisca and mack like this.
  21. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

That mean he can go down there and show that Deegan chick what a REAL driver looks like?

mack and Johali like this.
  22. Zerkfitting

Zerkfitting Team Owner

Kyle's wins in the other series is a footnote to his Cup career. I see his racing in Xfinity and trucks differently. He owns teams, he develops drivers, and he likes to race. I see him in these series more like having Mark Martian or Ken Schrader running the feeder series in the past; it gives the drivers a measuring stick to see how they do racing against a Cup driver. I also think running the other series as a chance to transfer information about the track to the different series. Even though the cars are different, it is my opinion that a good driver can glean information about the track/traction and transfer it to a different car.

CaptainHiTop and Turtle84 like this.
  23. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Didn't he say he would quit racing in the Xfinity series once he reached the 100 win mark?

24. Big John Kordic

Big John Kordic Spectator

Somewhat surprising, to me at least, is seeing Happy at #10.

mack likes this.
  25. kyle18fan

B main tire testing

Zerkfitting likes this.
  26. Revman

Revman Everything is Great!

Thank you. I have been given a short leash when it comes to firing back at the haters (I think we can use that term now). I will continue to try to keep this APPRECIATION thread APPRECIATIVE, but you know, sometimes contrasting the dominant hate narrative can be perceived as inflammatory. Nobody needs inflammation. It hurts, but there is ointment.

kyle18fan likes this.
  27. 28car

28car Team Owner

Ok, one other thought
    Kyle just loves to race (same with other drivers....Kyle Larson for one)
    Where else better to race than where you are each week

My thoughts;
    to a driver who loves to race........Cup racing would be boring 36 races a year
    Or
    What’s your hobby, Kyle answers I race cars and trucks

My hobby is golf, and would everyday if I could

Just so happens Kyle can

28. kyle18fan

And we appreciate a driver that loves to race and win.

Truex_rox, Simple Fan and Revman like this.
  29. mack

mack Team Owner

Who hates Kyle? I certainly dont. I think he's a very talented driver. I don't care for him beating up on the less funded, less experienced drivers, but if that makes him feel good, knock his bad self out.

Spotter22 likes this.
  30. Revman

Nobody hates Kyle of course. I am imagining all of this. My bad.

CaptainHiTop likes this.
  31. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

I don't "hate" him ---- he's just not on my "root for" list.
    I certainly don't wish bad luck on him --- just not as much good luck as others. :D

Johali likes this.
  32. Revman

TLR.....it takes too much time to type "not root for!" :D Wish we could all agree on a kinder, gentler "hate" connotation. :D

TexasRaceLady likes this.
  33. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Precisely.

34. mack

mack Team Owner

You are imagining (hatred) for Kyle. Why would anyone hate an athlete? He's just a race car driver, nothing more to me. I have others that I like more, and I'd rather see win, especially in the lower series. But I don't recall ever saying I hate the guy. I don't ever recall anyone on this forum claiming they hate him. Maybe disrespect him because of his cheap wins. But no hate here.

Johali likes this.
  35. 28car

28car Team Owner

Something I've always wondered

Kyle and say Natalie Decker swap rides just before the start of race (obviously there is a seating issue to work out)

How would they run?

36. mack

mack Team Owner

I think he would win based on experience alone. I think he would have her covered based on his abilities to diagnose and make changes during routine stops. And I'm guessing they would be running late models in a 200 lap race. If she was running an Xfinity race, he would definitely win based on endurance. I'm not sure she's ready for 300 miles on a mile and a half yet. She may well get there. But as for right now I can't imagine a scenario where she would beat Kyle. If he crashed or broke simething, then yes.

37. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

He would lap her

38. 28car

28car Team Owner

Would he still win the race? not just beat Natalie.
    or is that truck a 10th place truck at best

39. mack

mack Team Owner

Not knowing, it's hard to say. He'd beat her, don't know about the rest of the competition either. If youre asking could he beat the rest of the field with a tenth place truck, anything is possible. Bobby Allison started 34th in the 1978 Daytona 500 and won. So who knows?

40. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

so would about a third of the field on a long green run. Despite what some say, the trucks are a large step up from ARCA and K&N.

Kiante, mack and Spotter22 like this.