Kyle Busch appreciation thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by NJJammer, Sep 17, 2017.

1. CaptainHiTop

CaptainHiTop Team Owner

bull****. semantics. Don't kid yourself, it's hate. The amount of fingerprint wear on just this thread alone, denigrating Kyle Busch's accomplishments is almost unbelievable.Too much effort goes in to trying disprove his accomplishments for the feeling to be anything less than hate..

2. mack

mack Team Owner

Hmmm....if I hated Kyle Busch I wouldn't have posted condolences in the thread about his wife having a miscarriage . You don't people well enough to accuse them of hate. People usually call names when they run out if facts. Kyle is a great driver, no one has disputed that. I wonder what he's trying to prove beating up on inferior competition. Thats just me though.

Joker, Ventisca, Kiante and 2 others like this.
  3. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

And me also.

StandOnIt likes this.
  4. mack

mack Team Owner

Correction in my previous post. It should have read " you don't know people well enough to accuse them of hate." Sorry for the confusion.

5. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

For the one millionth time, no one is diminishing his accomplishments. Kyle is a top 10 driver all-time, end of story. We all know this, he's 8th all time on the Cup list for a reason. Dude is a winner and a champion, its just wacking the lower tier-series folks are not accounting for. A lot of guys are guilty of it. Hell, Harvick and Kyle Bu. won Xfinity championships as full-time Cup drivers for crying aloud... Those were some dark days...

Joker, Ventisca and Johali like this.
  6. Johali

You made it back home safe I assume?

7. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Yes, I did. A ton of fun, well except the KC-135 ride on the way back to California...

Johali likes this.
  8. Johali

:D

9. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

I appreciate Kyle Busch giving his fans yet another weekend sweep :pbjtime:

Nothing better than 2 races, 2 burnouts and two bows

CaptainHiTop, Revman and DaBiff1618 like this.
  10. kyle18fan

I would give a months pay to ride in that plane

Truex_rox likes this.
  11. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Hey, at least Harvick has stopped that in recent years.

12. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Its damn cool, but the C-9 is a lot nicer for long expeditions.

kyle18fan likes this.
  13. ReturnTrip

ReturnTrip Team Owner

Drop in the bucket compared to Jeff Gordon in his prime.

14. 28car

28car Team Owner

Ok, I know splashing gas on the fire

How soon before win 250—-300?

Age wise I think 250 is easy.

kyle18fan likes this.
  15. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

I don't think he will get those numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if his racing is reduced in the minor leagues next year and thereafter.

16. Johali

We can only hope that It's reduced to 0.

17. bigspud

bigspud Team Owner

18. Johali

Ventisca likes this.
  19. mack

mack Team Owner

At this stage in his career, I honestly respect what he does in the Cup series. Anyone who can win at that level, at any track is a wheelman. Matters not if I like him. I'll gladly give credit where it's due. But what he does in the lower series is pure vanity on his part. What possibly could he be trying to prove? Does anyone think his fellow competitors respect that? I know the driver/talking head/commentator types have to play it up like it's some kind of an amazing feat, but it's really not that impressive. The Cup wins, you bet, the JV wins, nah.

Turtle84 likes this.
  20. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

I remember when nobody bashed Mark Martin in the Winn Dixie Busch car.

CaptainHiTop likes this.
  21. mack

mack Team Owner

Who's bashing? Was this forum around in the mid nineties? People probably didn't interact on a daily basis with many other people outside of their daily circle of freinds, co workers and family as much as they do now. And besides that, Mark Martin was far more likable.

22. kyle18fan

23. bigspud

bigspud Team Owner

i remember one time
    mark felt so bad about beating the juniors, he pulled into the pits with one lap to go while leading, just to let the cry babys win.

24. kyle18fan

Yeah, I have underestimated Kyle several times and he proved me very wrong. I figure that all said and done, he will be remembered as the greatest driver to ever sit in a NASCAR race car.

DaBiff1618 likes this.
  25. kyle18fan

No matter, Kyle broke his win record with little difficulty. JGR must be mighty proud of their employee. Rumor has it that Kyle is entering a tricycle race next month, his fans will be watching

26. The Nature Boy

The Nature Boy Stylin and Profilin

I'll never understand Kyle Busch fans. His Xfinity wins are basically meaningless, he takes a superior car and whips on guys in lesser equipment and with less experience. If you get off on watching that, good for you, I guess. I'd rather not watch a former Cup Champion in the best equipment in the field in a lower series race, it's meaningless.

How many wins did Kyle have when he left JGR's Xfinity program for a year and moved to his own stuff? 0. Tells you all you need to know about the legitimacy of Kyle Busch's Xfinity win record.

DIDIT, Johali, Whiskyb and 1 other person like this.
  27. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

How many times do you guys talk about the same things? You hate Kyle Busch running the minor leagues, while Kyle Busch fans like it. Got it, roll the tape, moving on. :)

Clutch, Simple Fan and BobbyFord like this.
  28. Revman

Revman God bless @Johali

If social media and the internet didn't exists as it didn't "back in the day," we would already be there. The good thing about technology is that it connects people. The bad thing about technology is that it connects people. The perception of Kyle would be totally different without tech. It would piss me off. You know how much I hate standing in line at the souvenir hauler only to find out that my items are on backorder because of the cling ons. Seriously, though, imagine the perception without the technology, or just for fun, imagine those back in the day with it.

kyle18fan likes this.
  29. Revman

Revman God bless @Johali

There are other drivers participating in the Xfinity series when Kyle runs? Didn't know. Didn't care. I will take every damn advantage of watching one of the greatest of all time drive every damn chance I get because he will not drive forever.

Clutch, Simple Fan and kyle18fan like this.
  30. The Nature Boy

Your perojative.

I watch racing to watch people race, not for any one driver.

31. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

He just loves to race and shouldn't be limited like he is. Hell yeah his fellow competitors respect and probably envy him for what he's done. Did you not hear what Harvick had to say about what Kyle has done when he was in the booth for the Xfinity race? To say it's not impressive is ignorance and puts down the Xfinity and Truck series. Those series are still top level drivers and a hell of a lot more competitive than most of Petty's competition at the time.

CaptainHiTop likes this.
  32. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Clutch likes this.
  33. The Nature Boy

Richard Petty has also never won a race in my lifetime. I'm not sure how bringing up a guy who last raced 27 years ago is relevant here. No one brings up Dale Earnhardt's Busch Series wins to make a case for him being the greatest. Earnhardt proved himself by winning 7 Winston Cups.

It's honestly not even fair to use the "200 wins!" bull**** to compare Busch to his contemporaries. Once Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson were in full swing, they rarely dipped into the Busch Series. I'm sure that if Jeff Gordon showed up in Busch with Hendrick equipment, he would've easily passed 200 total wins. Unlike Busch, Gordon was able to go down to the Busch Series and win in his own equipment.

But since you brought him up, Richard Petty won 60 races and 4 championships in the modern era.

mack and Simple Fan like this.
  34. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

He leaves out JJ's name lol the one guy Superior to Kyle. Yup, agenda

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

35. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Agreed. Maybe I remember wrong, but it's peculiar, I don't recall JJ's 12 year run being as "marketed" as all time as Kyle's. Maybe it was and I was younger, but I just remember, "no one ever!" That's it. No GOAT talk or anything. Hell, even after 7 he didn't get much GOAT talk, other than McReynolds saying he doesn't think so yet. Kyle Busch is a better star, so naturally the media would shove it down our throats.

As a result, Kyle's success can't be respected by the GA for what it is. A likely top 10 driver all time. His fans overrate him, and everyone else is annoyed with the media.

I was happy to see him win Sunday, but rolled my eyes once the announcers started talking about him.

Turtle84 likes this.
  36. Matthew2470

Matthew2470 Filthy Casual

I've been following Kyle's career since he was 16 and it's been a lot of fun watching him over the years. Aside from his prodigious driving skill, he's been extremely entertaining as far as the drama and chaos he's created. Plus his detractors have provided me with much joy. Their near constant hypocrisy has bees something to behold.

kyle18fan, Turtle84 and Simple Fan like this.
  37. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

He probably could have if he wanted but he's just not the racer Kyle Busch is.

38. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

I can only speak for myself but IDK if a lot people really hate him. Rather it's the fan base and the recent media push

39. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

It's hard to tell if this is trolling

40. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Most entertaining driver of the last 25 years.

Do a YouTube search of KB quotes.

He knows his role, he sells it, he is great great entertainment

Matthew2470 and Turtle84 like this.