Kyle Busch appreciation thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by NJJammer, Sep 17, 2017.

1. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

2. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Sometimes I just can’t help myself.

3. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

Only one has the ability to win next week. :growl:

kyle18fan likes this.
  4. machinistman3

machinistman3 Team Owner

Is there an ignore thread button?

DIDIT, Joker and ReturnTrip like this.
  5. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

a.jpg That Interstate car is a lucky piece

a.jpg

6. kyle18fan

Yes, simply don't click on it

7. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

8. kyle18fan

Simple Fan likes this.
  9. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

Quite the opposite -- KyBu Fan Derangement Syndrome.

KyBu in Trucks looks like a "slow" kid set back two grades, beating his new classmates in arm wrestling -- then celebrating proudly...

10. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

So what does KDB stand for? I like to imagine it's Kyle Damn Busch.

Larsonfan1995 and DIDIT like this.
  11. mack

mack Team Owner

So funny. . Major league player has to whoop up on minor league players to boost his self esteem. Insecurities I'm guessing. Can't match Petty, so the talking heads have to utilize some fuzzy theology to somehow put Kyle on equal footing with the King. Hah! That's a funny!!!

Ventisca likes this.
  12. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Literally the only people who are even talking about him being on even footing with Petty are people like you.

BobbyFord likes this.
  13. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

The last 3+ weeks of NASCAR media coverage have been dominated by two topics: the 2019 rules, and the quest for "200 wins".

Why is 200 such a relevant marker? If it's just about Kyle Busch reaching a nice round number of combined NASCAR wins, why does that other guy, Mr. Petty, get brought up every single time it's mentioned?

Why are the legitimacy of "fairground races" from 1965 being relitigitated now? It's an odd coincidence.

LewTheShoe and mack like this.
  14. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Is this a serious question? He's the King and set the standard for being a great in NASCAR. Same happened when Jimmie got 7. It's not putting any of them on equal footing but it has to be brought up.

Also what else is there for the NASCAR media to talk about?

15. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

The news needs somebody to talk about after all of the retirements. It has left a big void and nobody's filling it. The only multi cup winner racing today I believe is Johnson. There is a good chance this year there will be a double cup winner. Tis what it is. So won on every track and 200 wins are the headlines the last couple of years. Logano cup win and the Roval were probably the only other one besides the Rules package and that one is getting the long legs. They need to turn Suarez loose.:p

gnomesayin likes this.
  16. BobbyFord

17. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

I don't question their legitimacy as they were NASCAR races at the time but to me they compare quite well to Xfinity and trucks.

18. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

It will be interesting to see how well that holds up after the teams come back from the west coast swing. I only count the full timers records in all of the series separately. The other statistic is only news filler for those interested in that sort of thing. The KDB porkchop combo platter stats. :p

mack likes this.
  19. BobbyFord

Where’d your driver finish this weekend? :D

20. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Pretty funny to see a cup team and driver lose the Xfinity race to Cole Custer, that hasn't happened that a cup driver has porkchopped a win there since like 03?

Ventisca likes this.
  21. BobbyFord

I can understand if you don’t want to answer.

22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

you have a short memory, we have been down this road before. I have many drivers I follow, the days of having only one were gone years ago in my case.

23. BobbyFord

Where’d your drivers finish?

24. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

never mind.

25. mack

mack Team Owner

My favorite drivers season doesn't start til the end of March. Local driver, 4 time track champion in asphalt modifieds. He never runs the street stock class to pad his numbers. He was champ in that division once. He never feels the need to go whoop up on the less experienced and younger drivers. He has a lot of class.

Whiskyb likes this.
  26. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

This is a direct attempt to place some number of Petty's wins on the same footing as Busch's Xfinity and Trucks wins. That's the only purpose of such a claim, since no NASCAR driver before or after Kyle Busch has bothered to try to tally up their wins across a top level series and support series.

Kyle Busch lacks class, but not because he dropped down to win all of those races against lesser competition. He clearly lives and breathes racing. NASCAR should have stepped in earlier for the better of the series to stop him, Harvick, Edwards, Keselowski, etc. from making a mockery of it. Once they disallowed those guys from winning championships, the rest of them took the hint. Busch kept going, which I don't fault him for, because it's not his job to make the rules.

However, to build off your example, your guy could have swept every street stock race for 10 seasons in a row, and it doesn't make him any 'greater' as a modified driver relative to his competitors in that class. Kyle Busch is the greatest Xfinity driver and the greatest Trucks driver ever. Doesn't mean anything good or bad with regard to weighing his performance against the best of his peers.

Ventisca likes this.
  27. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Kevin Harvick has 106 NASCAR wins across the Cup, Xfinity, and Truck series. So does David Pearson. Jeff Gordon lags behind with just 98. I wonder why this totally legitimate comparison isn't talked about more.

Probably because Harvick himself would call anyone who tried to an idiot.

28. kyle18fan

Who knows :idunno: the thread is about KTB

29. kyle18fan

Harvick would call someone an idiot for counting their NASCAR wins ? Harv won't ever touch 200, who is he to judge ?

30. kyle18fan

Kyle has 200 NASCAR wins, for some odd reason, people just can't accept the fact that nobody on the track today can touch that number ...... they just can't. Pictures of the 48s championship trophys can't change the fact either. Kyles record was phenomenal when he had 150, because nobody else out there does. Well ...... JJ " could have" if he wanted to :rolleyes: but he don't :(

Simple Fan likes this.
  31. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

There's some next level Freudian stuff going on here lol

Shots at Johnson, 7 cup titles is inferior to 150 Xfinity and truck wins.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mack, gnomesayin and Joker like this.
  32. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

You see my friend, Kevin doesn't race full-time against teenagers and hasn't in over decade.

33. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Then he starts talking about boobs. That shows you the towering intellect we're auspiciously in the shadow of.

34. kyle18fan

But Kyle still has 200 wins in the top three series :idunno: Kyle doesn't run full time either but I have watched him open the whoopasss on Harv several times.

Simple Fan likes this.
  35. kyle18fan

The word " inferior" was injected by you :idunno: 200 wins is still 200 wins, we can't spin that away

36. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I think it is pretty funny myself. Kinda bad that there is such a void this stuff is important Nascar news? KDB is beginning to be a laughing stock at the rate he is going. The others have backed off tremendously but when Kyle lost the Xfinity in Cali in fear he made a quick deal to run the Trucks at Martinsville. Can't wait for the announcers to act like it is such a privilege for him to race the youngsters in the trucks.

37. BobbyFord

Sauter and Crafton have been picking on those youngsters for years :D
    Hell, Hornaday was 56 years old in his last truck race.

Simple Fan and kyle18fan like this.
  38. klemmabyna

klemmabyna Team Owner

I think my first post on this thread...

and I am conflicted.

jimmie rubbed me the wrong way because he never said anything...

kyle rubs me the wrong way everytime they put a microphone in his face.

but damn they are both good!

another mistake! jimmie has many more cups.

39. kyle18fan

We were at a truck race at PIR one night, restart after restart, the youngster in the 4 truck handed Crafton his ass and won the race. We could see Kyle in the 4 box, he was eating it up

BobbyFord likes this.
  40. kyle18fan

Can't wait to watch that truck race, Kyle will spice it up. It truly is a privilege for any driver out there to race against someone as good as Kyle, that is how they learn. But we all know that Kyle brings some good youngsters in and gives them a truck seat ... what a boost for them. But one thing about racing, nobody wins them all