Kyle Busch appreciation thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by NJJammer, Sep 17, 2017.

1. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

If by “kicked everyone else’s ass” you mean benefited from stupid points resets, sure.

bigspud likes this.
  2. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

You sound bitter.
    Jeff Gordon is retired.

kyle18fan likes this.
  3. ChexOrWrex

[​IMG]

4. BobbyFord

I don’t like the direction of the sport. I don’t like the gimmicks. I don’t like the rules.
    Everyone plays by the same rules, though.
    I watch half of the Cup races and very few of the lower series races.
    I hope the sport recovers from the decades of foolery because I’m a gearhead.
    I follow and pull for my driver. I hope he kicks everyone else’s ass when they drop the green. I’m happy with the outcome most of the time.

Turtle84 and 2 Sweet like this.
  5. BobbyFord

Selfie?

6. mack

mack Team Owner

Legend, absolute legend, all I can add. The GOAT.
    Yep, and he won four titles driving the entire season. No need to pick on the minor league guys to stroke his ego. Class act.

7. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Busch was not the first (or the second) driver to be granted a medical waiver.

Some of you ladies seem rather confused ... or you’re able to explain how suffering significant injury and missing a bunch of races was advantageous to Busch.

8. ChexOrWrex

[​IMG]

9. Revman

Revman God bless America.

Sonoma.....with that leg....and that ankle....unthinkable......Had it been another driver we would be talking about the stuff legends are made of and celebrating a gladiator who was not to be denied. Instead, we minimize the effort, and marginalize the sanctioning body. Probably the low point for NASCAR Nation if you ask me. Anybody hear Kyle's interview before Homestead last year? "I want to win one when I ran the whole year." Seems like a driver who embraces what he did for what it is. Feel like a lesson that needs to be learned around here.

Turtle84 likes this.
  10. Revman

Those full schedulers had their shot, and couldn't beat him. Be pissed at them. Delana's wife.....I'm looking at you!

Truex_rox, kyle18fan and aunty dive like this.
  11. Revman

....and broken legs. Don't forget the vacation! Never mind the physical stuff, imagine the neck up stuff getting back into a car that soon. Some around here asserted that KB was fragile in that area.....Haven't heard anything about that since. Love it. As Coach said....one of the greatest comebacks in sports history. Part of me loves that it still burns the haters. Let. It. Burn. #Champion

12. BobbyFord

13. Revman

....or Jeff had other things on mind, and didn't like to race like KB does. If I had millions like KB, I wouldn't bother with the "lower" series. I'd be out spending my money like the other Cup guys. It is astonishing--no it isn't--that this side of what Kyle does is not acknowledged. Fans on Saturday get to see a great driver at a fraction of the Sunday ticket price. One who races to win instead of just mailing it in because it isn't Cup. Think a Major League baseball player who plays an exhibition game against a Minor League team, but in Rowdy's case, he actually gives 100% and is pissed if he doesn't win. Ever been to Victory Lane with Kyle after a Xfinity or Truck win? He is elated. He doesn't think he is above the series. Think about that. He doesn't need it. He wants it. Fans get their money's worth. Stroking his ego? What part of getting behind the wheel of a race car that is loud and fast and kicking other driver's asses ISN'T about ego?

Turtle84, kyle18fan and Simple Fan like this.
  14. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

and if ya believe all that. I got a nice slightly used...:D:p

15. Revman

I do, but I am not in the market for.....whatever you are selling. Haven't bought it yet, and don't intend to start. :D

16. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

yep, ol Kyle is doing the lower series a service..race that truck Kyle give it 100% :D
    [​IMG]

17. mack

mack Team Owner

Kyle running in the lower series is a joke, and everybody including you knows it. And it really bothers you when others see it for what it is. A joke. Kinda like Kyle putting Hornaday in the wall at Texas a few years ago, Big, bad tough guy behind the wheel, yet high tail it to the safe confines of his hauler behind his crew after he does his dirty deed,

Spotter22 likes this.
  18. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Excellent pivot.

19. BobbyFord

I don’t know it.

kyle18fan likes this.
  20. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

If it's a joke the only one laughing is Kyle Busch in victory lane.

Turtle84 and kyle18fan like this.
  21. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Let him have it. Kyle kicked butt, and was the best driver for 1 out of his 14 cup seasons.

He's been top 4 most of his career though. Top 2 the last two years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Turtle84 likes this.
  22. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

Sorry, but Kyle's fans enjoy watching him race :idunno: There are some details to the Hornaday story that some folks ignore.

23. mack

mack Team Owner

Fanbois unite here. This is the place to worship Pee Wee Herman in a drivers suit.

24. mack

mack Team Owner

When did you start watching?

25. kyle18fan

And a place for you to post Busch bash, because you are so worried about Kyle's fans. :rolleyes:

26. BobbyFord

In the 60s.

27. mack

mack Team Owner

I don't bash him, just point out the obvious. I've stated he's the GOAT!!! My mind is right boss.

28. kyle18fan

Record book looks impressive to me :idunno: .......... and he ain't done

29. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

This was a behavior I was guilty of myself.

There's always multiple sides to a story and I'm sure there are some details that folks ignore.

People ignore it because it doesn't excuse Kyle to make a sadistic move like that. It was uncalled for, dangerous, agressive and just wrong. He wouldn't do something like that now, but when a behavior is that faulty, it doesn't matter how badly Kyle is bullied or provoked.

mack likes this.
  30. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

I enjoy Kyle..but the notion that he is the GOAT has absolutely no credibility whatsoever. There just isn't a case to be made, other than the extreme confirmation bias by his fans.

Kyle's a top 10 all time, and will probably be a top 6 top 7 all time. I don't understand why that isn't acceptable.

Turtle84 likes this.
  31. kyle18fan

The bully Harvick missed a truck championship because of the Hornaday deal, it was well deserved. Lessons were learned by several folks.

Revman likes this.
  32. Revman

Oh yeah well when you put it that way. You post this why? I don't see it that way, and I really couldn't care less what the haters think. They post more about that subject than I ever have. I don't care about the Hornaday thing either.

33. Revman

"Sadistic?" Comical. I mean, really?

34. Revman

Well, of course. How could anybody feel differently? Must be hard to be misunderstood.

35. Revman

"I don't bash him..." -- @mack

36. BobbyFord

He’s a good specimen for the ignore feature.
    He’ll dumb you down if you let him.
    I know you won’t, though.

Revman likes this.
  37. Revman

Why are you in the Appreciation thread? Nothing meaningful to say anywhere?

38. mack

mack Team Owner

I have posted he's one of the best of this generation, and he's as good as there is right now. I, like others have voiced my displeasure with him racing in the lower series. Don't like my thoughts? Take your own advise and ignore me.

39. Revman

To ignore you is to leave you unattended in this thread. What fun would that be?

40. Revman

"Others." Well, I didn't know others felt this way.