Kyle Busch appreciation thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by NJJammer, Sep 17, 2017.

1. mack

mack Team Owner

Agreed. I would never ignore you, or Bobby Ford, even though he claims he doesn't even watch. Go figure.

2. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

I don’t watch all of the races, but I watch some of them.
    I don’t watch plate races, I don’t watch Trucks or Xfin if there aren’t any Cup drivers in the field. I don’t watch “playoff” races. I don’t watch any races at all until after Fontana.

3. mack

mack Team Owner

Well then there now. Good for you. Would you like some pie?

4. BobbyFord

I don’t eat pie. Or cake or cookies.
    I figured I’d inform you since you incorrectly commented on my viewership tendencies.

5. mack

mack Team Owner

I appreciate the clarification.

6. Revman

Revman God bless America.

Me either. Try to stay away from that sugar! BTW...Viewership tendencies do not define NASCAR IQ IMO. I appreciate and respect your posts. Sometimes the 60K ft. view makes the best sense.

BobbyFord likes this.
  7. BobbyFord

I’ve been a fan for a long time. When the sport moves in a wrong direction, I do other things. I love the sport but I don’t love the all of the changes.

Revman likes this.
  8. BobbyFord

You’re a newb here. I cut you some slack.

9. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

10. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

You can spoil yourself every now and then. Can't go wrong with Banana Cream

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BobbyFord likes this.
  11. BobbyFord

I haven't had a slice of pie in over twenty years. :)

12. Turtle84

Turtle84 Slow is Fast

There isn't a case as of yet, he's in his prime currently imo and will have to reel off some serious winnage and championships over the next decade, then we will have to revisit that discussion imo. If he gets to 100+ total Cup wins combined with all of his lower series stuff, it's on imo.

13. Revman

Never been into that, but berry pies are winning. Apple has a very narrow set up window....apples too crunchy is not right, but you don't want to be mushy either--balance is crucial here.

14. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

Fresh Peach Pie is best --

Summer is coming and so are the Peaches!

15. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

Cherry and Ruhbarb pie is top notch

16. Revman

Very good point...and a critical one. IMO rhubarb in and of itself is too tart. Bring cherry to the party and that over-tartness is more balanced. I like to think of rhubarb like the Jimmie Johnson of pie. Without Chad, it just isn't right. BTW....and a side note....I am not a big cherry fan nor am I a big rhubarb fan, but you bring those to together, and you have something. Fascinating.

kyle18fan and Ventisca like this.
  17. kyle18fan

Sort of reminds me of the bully and the spoiler story :lol2: Surely you must remember, the one that was no performance advantage :pbjtime: But yeah, the Rhubarb mixed with tart cherries can have mucho pucker factor, sugar is the answer. Now some folks, the less daring among us, substitute strawberries for the cherries :booya: Rhubarb is a gift from the Gods, I grew up on that stuff

18. Revman

Insanely narrow set up window here. Peaches are so dicey--hard to mushy....in a pie? Whoa major challenge, but hit the sweet spot....no question, just awesome.

19. Revman

Strawberries are for those who want to points their way to Homestead. No challenge right here with marginal results. I don't like a pie where rhubarb is another fruit's bitch. Do this together, or stay the hell out. Rhubarb knows it needs another fruit, but this will be a relationship based on respect.

20. Revman

LMAO. Rodney would stick rhubarb in there, and swear it was cherry only.

kyle18fan likes this.
  21. Turtle84

Turtle84 Slow is Fast

Rowdy Edition III should go to a supporter on this forum

NJJammer, Revman and Ventisca like this.
  22. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

"Blueberry Pie is KING" and Carrot Cake is the best cake to ever be made!!!
    This is not JMHO, that is a fact! :booya: :D

23. kyle18fan

Ewwww .......... blueberry ?

24. Revman

Blueberry confuses me. A few...okay, but a pie dedicated to them? Not so sure. We start talking carrot cake, and we have changed genres....but you go carrot cake with a healthy dose of cream cheese frosting--maybe even go overboard, and you have something!

sdj and kyle18fan like this.
  25. kyle18fan

@sdj had to go and bring cake into this fray and then he had the gall to mention blueberries o_O but yes, I eat cream cheese by the bowl full :pbjtime:

Revman likes this.
  26. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Try a piece of warm Blueberry Pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it will make your tongue slap your teeth outcha mouth! :D

kyle18fan likes this.
  27. Revman

#MindBlown I refuse to add ice cream to either cake or pie. I am not a cross-desserter.

28. NJJammer

NJJammer Team Owner

OR perhaps the man who started this thread.

Turtle84 likes this.
  29. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

thanks for starting this thread :D

[​IMG]

Ventisca, LewTheShoe and NJJammer like this.
  30. NJJammer

NJJammer Team Owner

StandOnIt likes this.
  31. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Eh, he JJ won all 7 titles against him. Dominated him for 10 years. Doesn't matter what Kyle does after JJ declines. How can you rank higher than a 7 time champ who won all 7 of his titles against you and out won you when you raced together? .
    Kyle's ceiling 6 is after these guys

Dale
    JJ
    Petty
    Gordon
    Pearson

The 2 goats after Petty all stole thunder from another goat/near goat. Dale from petty, Gordon from Dale, Johnson from Gordon. If Kyle took it from Jimmie and beat him in his prime a few times, and then built a resume, he has a case. But he didn't. He was inferior across the board, lost consistently hasn't peaked as high even now. No GOAT shot. That window closed about 4 years ago. Top 5-7, fair game

32. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

I agree. I can't even put blueberries in yogurt. And I put alllll fruit in yogurt

kyle18fan likes this.
  33. Turtle84

Turtle84 Slow is Fast

That's a good point for JJ's side. I would say that Kyle was a young all or nothing phenom, it hasn't been up until 2015 onward has he really developed into his prime. JJ was/is still in the field at that time. 100 Cup wins passes JJ in the modern era and would be hard to argue against if Kyle adds 3-4 more championships. Combine that with all of his lower series accomplishments and it gets even harder. It wouldn't cement him as goat in some eyes (I'm sure lol), it's just an interesting hypothetical, where KB can now throw his hat in the ring imo.

34. kyle18fan

I wonder .... is Rhubarb yogurt a thing :D

35. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

How many times are you going to post this same argument in different threads lol. Do you ever not post about Jimmie? Genuinely curious..

36. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

probably because it is pretty correct. But it does bring some down from the clouds to reality. Some anyway. :idunno:

37. kyle18fan

Jimmie who ?

38. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

Jimmie "7x more championships than Kyle Busch" Johnson. :D

LewTheShoe, mack and Ventisca like this.
  39. BobbyFord

You misspelled “Jimmie never gonna be in Victory Lane again.” :D

40. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

Champ Champ Champ Champ Champ Champ Champ vs. *

For your clarification, that bunghole looking asterisk is KyBu.

Larsonfan1995 and mack like this.