Kyle Busch appreciation thread

mack

Team Owner
To ignore you is to leave you unattended in this thread. What fun would that be?
Agreed. I would never ignore you, or Bobby Ford, even though he claims he doesn't even watch. Go figure.

BobbyFord

Resident Gearhead
Contributor
Agreed. I would never ignore you, or Bobby Ford, even though he claims he doesn't even watch. Go figure.
I don’t watch all of the races, but I watch some of them.
I don’t watch plate races, I don’t watch Trucks or Xfin if there aren’t any Cup drivers in the field. I don’t watch “playoff” races. I don’t watch any races at all until after Fontana.

mack

Team Owner
I don’t watch all of the races, but I watch some of them.
I don’t watch plate races, I don’t watch Trucks or Xfin if there aren’t any Cup drivers in the field. I don’t watch “playoff” races. I don’t watch any races at all until after Fontana.
Well then there now. Good for you. Would you like some pie?

Revman

2X CHAMPION
I don’t eat pie. Or cake or cookies.
Me either. Try to stay away from that sugar! BTW...Viewership tendencies do not define NASCAR IQ IMO. I appreciate and respect your posts. Sometimes the 60K ft. view makes the best sense.

BobbyFord

Resident Gearhead
Contributor
Me either. Try to stay away from that sugar! BTW...Viewership tendencies do not define NASCAR IQ IMO. I appreciate and respect your posts. Sometimes the 60K ft. view makes the best sense.
I’ve been a fan for a long time. When the sport moves in a wrong direction, I do other things. I love the sport but I don’t love the all of the changes.

Turtle84

lost a step
I enjoy Kyle..but the notion that he is the GOAT has absolutely no credibility whatsoever. There just isn't a case to be made, other than the extreme confirmation bias by his fans.

Kyle's a top 10 all time, and will probably be a top 6 top 7 all time. I don't understand why that isn't acceptable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
There isn't a case as of yet, he's in his prime currently imo and will have to reel off some serious winnage and championships over the next decade, then we will have to revisit that discussion imo. If he gets to 100+ total Cup wins combined with all of his lower series stuff, it's on imo.

Revman

2X CHAMPION
You can spoil yourself every now and then. Can't go wrong with Banana Cream

Never been into that, but berry pies are winning. Apple has a very narrow set up window....apples too crunchy is not right, but you don't want to be mushy either--balance is crucial here.

Ventisca

Team Owner
Never been into that, but berry pies are winning. Apple has a very narrow set up window....apples too crunchy is not right, but you don't want to be mushy either--balance is crucial here.
Fresh Peach Pie is best --

Summer is coming and so are the Peaches!

kyle18fan

Proud member of Rowdy Nation
Contributor

Cherry and Ruhbarb pie is top notch

Revman

2X CHAMPION
Cherry and Ruhbarb pie is top notch
Very good point...and a critical one. IMO rhubarb in and of itself is too tart. Bring cherry to the party and that over-tartness is more balanced. I like to think of rhubarb like the Jimmie Johnson of pie. Without Chad, it just isn't right. BTW....and a side note....I am not a big cherry fan nor am I a big rhubarb fan, but you bring those to together, and you have something. Fascinating.

kyle18fan

Contributor
Very good point...and a critical one. IMO rhubarb in and of itself is too tart. Bring cherry to the party and that over-tartness is more balanced. I like to think of rhubarb like the Jimmie Johnson of pie. Without Chad, it just isn't right. BTW....and a side note....I am not a big cherry fan nor am I a big rhubarb fan, but you bring those to together, and you have something. Fascinating.

Sort of reminds me of the bully and the spoiler story :lol2: Surely you must remember, the one that was no performance advantage :pbjtime: But yeah, the Rhubarb mixed with tart cherries can have mucho pucker factor, sugar is the answer. Now some folks, the less daring among us, substitute strawberries for the cherries :booya: Rhubarb is a gift from the Gods, I grew up on that stuff

Revman

2X CHAMPION
Fresh Peach Pie is best --

Summer is coming and so are the Peaches!
Insanely narrow set up window here. Peaches are so dicey--hard to mushy....in a pie? Whoa major challenge, but hit the sweet spot....no question, just awesome.

Revman

2X CHAMPION
Sort of reminds me of the bully and the spoiler story :lol2: Surely you must remember, the one that was no performance advantage :pbjtime: But yeah, the Rhubarb mixed with tart cherries can have mucho pucker factor, sugar is the answer. Now some folks, the less daring among us, substitute strawberries for the cherries :booya: Rhubarb is a gift from the Gods, I grew up on that stuff
Strawberries are for those who want to points their way to Homestead. No challenge right here with marginal results. I don't like a pie where rhubarb is another fruit's bitch. Do this together, or stay the hell out. Rhubarb knows it needs another fruit, but this will be a relationship based on respect.

sdj

Just a race fan

Revman

2X CHAMPION
Ewwww .......... blueberry ?
Blueberry confuses me. A few...okay, but a pie dedicated to them? Not so sure. We start talking carrot cake, and we have changed genres....but you go carrot cake with a healthy dose of cream cheese frosting--maybe even go overboard, and you have something!

kyle18fan

Contributor
Blueberry confuses me. A few...okay, but a pie dedicated to them? Not so sure. We start talking carrot cake, and we have changed genres....but you go carrot cake with a healthy dose of cream cheese frosting--maybe even go overboard, and you have something!

@sdj had to go and bring cake into this fray and then he had the gall to mention blueberries o_O but yes, I eat cream cheese by the bowl full :pbjtime:

sdj

Just a race fan
@sdj had to go and bring cake into this fray and then he had the gall to mention blueberries o_O but yes, I eat cream cheese by the bowl full :pbjtime:

Try a piece of warm Blueberry Pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it will make your tongue slap your teeth outcha mouth! :D

Revman

2X CHAMPION
Try a piece of warm Blueberry Pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it will make your tongue slap your teeth outcha mouth! :D
#MindBlown I refuse to add ice cream to either cake or pie. I am not a cross-desserter.

jaqua19

Team Owner
There isn't a case as of yet, he's in his prime currently imo and will have to reel off some serious winnage and championships over the next decade, then we will have to revisit that discussion imo. If he gets to 100+ total Cup wins combined with all of his lower series stuff, it's on imo.
Eh, he JJ won all 7 titles against him. Dominated him for 10 years. Doesn't matter what Kyle does after JJ declines. How can you rank higher than a 7 time champ who won all 7 of his titles against you and out won you when you raced together? .
Kyle's ceiling 6 is after these guys

Dale
JJ
Petty
Gordon
Pearson

The 2 goats after Petty all stole thunder from another goat/near goat. Dale from petty, Gordon from Dale, Johnson from Gordon. If Kyle took it from Jimmie and beat him in his prime a few times, and then built a resume, he has a case. But he didn't. He was inferior across the board, lost consistently hasn't peaked as high even now. No GOAT shot. That window closed about 4 years ago. Top 5-7, fair game

Turtle84

lost a step
Eh, he JJ won all 7 titles against him. Dominated him for 10 years. Doesn't matter what Kyle does after JJ declines. How can you rank higher than a 7 time champ who won all 7 of his titles against you and out won you when you raced together? .

Dale
JJ
Petty
Gordon
Pearson

The 2 goats after Petty all stole thunder from another goat/near goat. Dale from petty, Gordon from Dale, Johnson from Gordon. If Kyle took it from Jimmie and beat him in his prime a few times, and then built a resume, he has a case. But he didn't. He was inferior across the board, lost consistently hasn't peaked as high even now. No GOAT shot. That window closed about 4 years ago. Top 5-7, fair game

That's a good point for JJ's side. I would say that Kyle was a young all or nothing phenom, it hasn't been up until 2015 onward has he really developed into his prime. JJ was/is still in the field at that time. 100 Cup wins passes JJ in the modern era and would be hard to argue against if Kyle adds 3-4 more championships. Combine that with all of his lower series accomplishments and it gets even harder. It wouldn't cement him as goat in some eyes (I'm sure lol), it's just an interesting hypothetical, where KB can now throw his hat in the ring imo.

DaBiff1618

Team Owner

Dale
JJ
Petty
Gordon
Pearson

How many times are you going to post this same argument in different threads lol. Do you ever not post about Jimmie? Genuinely curious..

Top Bottom