Kyle Busch appreciation thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by NJJammer, Sep 17, 2017.

1. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

I also think there's context that is allowing a certain side of Kyle to show through. Being a professional athlete is a stressful job.. he's a competitor in an environment where it's part of the job to have an appearance, and to mold ones image to the public/fanbase... That in itself can be a challenge and some personalities are better at it than others.

Then, there's the fact that he's a competitor in a high level sport. That in itself is emotionally charging. So we have a context here that brings out certain aspects..maybe more vulnerable aspects of Kyle's personality. I think it's similar to how we all are with our families... There's specific things about our relationship with our parents/siblings that tend to bring out certain aspects of our personality that aren't necessarily core traits, and they don't show up much anywhere else. I think that's what Kyle is going through, and I agree with you saying that this is Kyle try navigate the part of him that realizes "hey, my image does matter to me a bit right now"..

I also think his "job" only brings out a part of his personality that probably doesn't get that triggered anywhere else. I think Kyle the person is probably pretty different... He probably doesn't have other situations that bring about the same feelings his profession does...but to me, what we see from Kyle as a driver is probably a very young part of his personality that was probably never too integrated because he never had a reason to learn how to sit with that part of him, as it would mainly get triggered in competition, and no where else. Now that he's older, he's a father, he's probably working through that now as you said. I don't think this is who Kyle is, I just think this is PART of who he is.

If Kyle never played a sport, became a race car driver, this part of him probably would have never developed this sort of protector role. FWIW, I don't think Kyle has any major issues, I just think racing brings out a very specific part of his personality that he doesn't have a handle on.

Don't mean to go all Dr. Phil here, I just find the development of personality to be absolutely fascinating. Any sort of opportunity to apply this, I will take the bait 100% of the time and put it in my back pocket for when I'm eventually doing therapy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

You could write a paper on this subject matter.

10-4 and LewTheShoe like this.
  3. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Johali Lives

Parks his car with 7 laps to go because he's 3 laps down. Good Show.............

Johali, Tumbleweed, Joker and 3 others like this.
  4. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

3rd in points. Nothing to gain.
    Points don’t matter. Championships no longer matter.

Larsonfan1995 likes this.
  5. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Johali Lives

Doesn't matter, he walked off the field with a pouty face.

Johali, Joker and LewTheShoe like this.
  6. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

Oh well.

7. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I respect Kyle and the fact that it's winning or nothing.

But I didn't like the Smithley interview and he has a hard time showing patience.

8. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I'm pretty sure one of them will write another book on how Kan't pass Kyle's emotions and competitive nature caused him to be a quitter.

Joker, LewTheShoe and be9ak7ts16 like this.
  9. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

2nd time I'm his career hes done that that I can remember other was when Jr drove the 5 at Texas

10. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

And that would be awful, wouldn't it? I'm passionate about that kind of stuff and enjoy talking about it.

That said, Kyle quitting today was hilarious. That it all. He's stunk up this entire first round.

11. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Points well taken, and this is why I take issue with those who characterize Kyle as they do. One has every right to characterize an athlete based on the image he projects, but one has no business defining the whole person by this projection. I feel the same way about Jimmie. Is he as "vanilla" at home as he is on pit lane? No way to know. Define fandom by what you see, but do not pretend to know an athlete by this same view.

12. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Johali Lives

Kyle has proved on many occasions he is a pompous jackasss.

LewTheShoe, Johali and StandOnIt like this.
  13. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

they have 20, 30 minute vids or longer on Youtube documenting that going back years. No other driver has anything close to that. :D The funny part the KDB fans here act like it is news to them every time he pulls that ****. I'm waiting for the time when even one of them says yeah he is a jackass instead of this Dr. Phil B.S. :p

14. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

In the interest of accuracy, I think Kurt's "highlight reel" is of similar length to Kyle's. Kurt's is actually more entertaining, listening to him getting chewed out by Roger Penske and picking fights with Dr. Jerry, Jamie Little and Bob Pockrass.

be9ak7ts16 likes this.
  15. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Parked on track, he decided to exit the sauna that nascar created, more power to him.

16. Switchback

Switchback Team Owner

Watching the 18 get schooled by the 19 again was the highlight of the race for me.
    "No talent" outruns the self proclaimed "pure talent" once again.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  17. kyle busch 18

kyle busch 18 1ST PLACE!

If kyle busch had truexs crew chief he would probably win at least 12 races a yr.

Kyles crew chief aint bad but truex has an advantage over everybody, its obvious.

Ventisca likes this.
  18. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

He does. But 12 a year?

19. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

Yup, that's some powerful medicine. Gonna be hard for a lot of folks to swallow...

20. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

They love ol Kyle at Charlotte :D:p

21. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

"at least"

22. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

23. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

"Athlete"

Rick and Simple Fan like this.
  24. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I wanna see the guy win in his own stuff in Xfinity & Cup before I respect him as a driver.

Ventisca likes this.
  25. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

This was hilarious

Rick and Turtle84 like this.
  26. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

I respect him as a driver. Don't respect the media pushing his greatness way past what he's accomplished. He's won 55 races and a title in 15 years. Very impressive. 2 drivers did better since the year 2000, nevermind all time.

27. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Blargh. Congrats, I gueeeeeeess...

Turtle84, jws926 and Ventisca like this.
  28. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Asterisk that!

Turtle84, Simple Fan and CaptainHiTop like this.
  29. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

1.5*

Turtle84 likes this.
  30. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

He didn't sign the paperwork for his trophy properly, Corey Lajoie is now champion.

jws926 and aunty dive like this.
  31. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Fake News.

Your genre.

32. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

Where's your sense of humor? :D

33. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

They will find a way

Turtle84 and aunty dive like this.
  34. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

35. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

This thread is going to blow up this off season

Congrats!

36. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Congrats Kyle. No fan of his whatsoever but he is a great driver that the sport needs

2 Sweet, jaqua19 and aunty dive like this.
  37. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Huge fan here! Congrats Kyle and the whole 18 team

38. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Agreed with this statement. I do enjoy Kyle though.

39. aroundgoes

aroundgoes Team Owner

who sthe idiot saying joey logan was better than kyle lol

40. rd45usa

rd45usa Team Owner

Congrats to the 18 team.

Clutch and NJJammer like this.