Kyle Busch appreciation thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by NJJammer, Sep 17, 2017.

1. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Or after you click "checkout".

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Revman likes this.
  2. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

DAMN THANKFUL FOR KYLE BUSCH! CHAMPION! HELL YES!

kyle18fan and NJJammer like this.
  3. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

Already wrote my postrace story from this race. LOL.

Nitro Dude likes this.
  4. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

If I owned a track I would love to have a 2 time Nascar Cup Champion racing on Thanksgiving weekend. Now I'm getting ready to go watch Kyle Larson kick some ass here in southern California.:dance:

ChexOrWrex and aunty dive like this.
  5. AndyMarquisLive

I'm at SNMP now. Should be a big crowd tomorrow to watch Rowdy. Forecast sucks though.

Nitro Dude likes this.
  6. kyle busch 18

kyle busch 18 1ST PLACE!

7. AndyMarquisLive

Rained out. Sucks.

Wasted weekend, wasted Thanksgiving. Wasted year.

8. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

2.5* assisted by Mikey Waltrip

Truex_rox, CodeMan125 and Fordracing7 like this.
  9. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 2018 Pick em Champion

Lol love it

Turtle84 likes this.
  10. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

I slept in my Championship gear. True story. The swag is coming daily. Love this. Merry Christmas! 2X Champion.

Truex_rox and Turtle84 like this.
  11. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 2018 Pick em Champion

2x and wwe champion

12. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Part of the fun! :D

Fordracing7 likes this.
  13. Nitro Dude

That does suck. The midget race in Ventura rained out also on Thur night but at least they ran it on Fri night... so it only cost me another day in a hotel room and then I got to see the race. Did you see Rowdy or did they postpone the race the day before?

14. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Kyle Busch #2 in Most Popular Driver voting. Perception is not reality. Fascinating. Get your head around that. Haters had a rough night at the banquet. The only thing that keeps Kyle from #1 IMO is the winner's last name.

15. Nitro Dude

I think a lot of fans are starting to see what has been pretty transparent for some time, and that is that Kyle is among one of the best drivers to ever drive in Nascar. But it is almost impossible to win the "I'm the son or daughter of a famous race car driver award" if you don't have a father or mother that was a famous race car driver. It has been that way since 2008.

Revman likes this.
  16. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Since 2008? I'd say since the days of Dale Sr., what you said has been accurate!

17. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Gracious in defeat I see. Second year in a row for Elliott
    It's an award for most popular driver, hell, even winning less DiBenedetto came in third. I do believe it means something and we could probably debate DiBenedetto's popularity was a consideration for the Wood Brothers/potential sponsors picking him up until the cows come home.

18. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Yes, most people are recognizing that Kyle is one of the best drivers of all time and he will certainly go down as one of the 10 best to ever do it. However, Kyle's speech, and his decision to include what he did in that speech shed some insight on what myself and others have suspected. there was something going on with his family behind the scenes. They were having trouble conceiving another child. that is going to affect any human being who has the capacity to love. myself in a few others have been saying for a couple months that something clearly was going on. It's tragic that he had to deal with something as emotionally challenging is that while competing for a championship. but it takes courage to make something like that public.

wish nothing but the best for Kyle and Samantha and hopefully they are able to have a second child without too many further issues

Joker likes this.
  19. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

For what it's worth, Kyle Busch is the modern-day Darrell Waltrip NASCAR, down to a T

20. Michfan

Michfan Team Owner

This was a cool video

Truex_rox likes this.
  21. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Makes sense. I love DW.

22. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Yeah, some lizards spread some ugly **** about what was up with Kyle. Good thing he doesn't care about that. I would suggest that his ability to perform under the stress/emotion he was under speaks to his brilliance behind the wheel. Reminds me of 2015 in some respects. The sport's #2 Most Popular Driver is gaining traction. I am good with it as long as I don't have to suffer backorder issues when ordering my Championship swag.

23. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Cheer up guys, he could have won the most hated category easily, coupled with a second place for the jackass, it ain't all bad.

24. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

You are lonely. Aren't you?

25. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

A kid that age should not have that kind of hand/eye coordination. Uh oh. I've got his 2X Champion Dad paving the way. If history repeats itself, no doubt Brexton becomes The Most Popular Driver, and then who knows?

26. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Well, clearly you are wrong. If the Kyle hate narrative is BS, it makes me wonder what else is......How about that the racing sucked, and everybody thought that way? Haven't seen fake news like this since Hillary was reported to have a 13 pt. lead in the election Trump kicked her ass in.

27. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Mod.....Could we please rename this thread "2019 Champion"? Hell yes!

kyle18fan likes this.
  28. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

One thing I gotta say about that, as much as I enjoy Kyle as an entertainer, I think him performing under that emotional stress has nothing to do with his ability behind the wheel. It speaks may more about him as a person and his ability to compartmentalize when when under stress when he has a responsibility. I mean this in the most kind of way, but it seems like you really idealize these personality traits in Kyle that truely aren't uncommon in everyday people, and aren't by any means exclusive to him. These traits show up in may ways. I can't help but wonder why that is. Is it something that his fans identify with, and thus feel the need to defend? I truthfully find that there is no middle ground with Kyle. Either his haters trash his fans and him and demonize him for traits MANY people have..or his fans defend him against his haters and worship him for traits MANY people have. It could be that due his authenticity with his "driver persona", naturally, his strengths and flaws as a person, tend to pull out authentic reactions to him.

I also have to say that one can be authentic and mature while also checking themselves..Kyle does this sometimes and just by the nature my work, I am very interested in when someone shows some self awareness. Kyle's one of the more interesting personalities in sports..and based on his ability to compartmentalize, be probably could have found some other career if he chose not to become a racecar driver.

29. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Truthfully, I do not think that Kyle possesses traits that are uncommon to everyday people. This is the appeal to his fans IMO. What is uncommon is the context with which he can compartmentalize. Neither of us could possibly imagine what it might be like to be upset by something far bigger than our careers, and take the **** he does from people who operate on the assumption that simply because I chose my career, I am obligated to do so. It would be understandable if this seeped into one's daily work, and impacted it in a negative way. What is uncommon about Kyle is his ability to block that out, and perform at a Championship level while doing so. This is about context. Does he create his own context? Probably. Don't we all?

One other point slightly off topic.....I think we all idealize our drivers based on the product they project. Part of the fun. We think we know who they are. We don't. Kyle might have given us a sliver of who he really is.....something he chose to do....we don't deserve it nor should we expect it. From this fan's perspective, I really appreciated it. He countered the narrative that he is a complete prick. Hard for the haters to swallow. Maybe that is some more connectedness to his fan base.

Joker likes this.
  30. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

Brexton is 4yo and most drivers start driving for sport at 5yo.

The father/son bond is fantastic though.

31. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

32. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

And you would realize the gap in development between a a 4 year old and a 5 year old would be pretty significant, right? I mean, a 24 and 25 year old, no, but 4 and 5....pretty significant.

33. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

That's all you got? Tough times in Haterland.

CaptainHiTop and kyle18fan like this.
  34. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

Wheel man of the year

aunty dive likes this.
  35. bigspud

bigspud Team Owner

kyles 3rd championship, how ironic.
    [​IMG]

36. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

I dont think people hate as intensely as you say Rev. I'm sure they are out there, but I think "complainers" is more accurate.

For the record, I dont think Kyle compartmentalizing in his context is that unique either. He has to put it aside while focusing on performing at a championship level. It's hard to keep it in when there are cameras on you. Kyle recognizes that if he's upset aboutsomething, he can be upset and doesn't have to behave a certain way because of an unspoken job rule. I get that.

For what its worth, I was fresh from my recovery of guillian barre when I started my new job. Doing social work with seriously mentally Ill people with medical and physical disabilities could have been (and at times) has been very triggering for my own trauma associated with being so sick. And it was so so difficult. The amount of counter transference going on could have been detrimental to the therapeutic alliances I was creating with mentally Ill folks who depend on that relationship. Knowing that it can be a disservice to a client if I cant put that **** aside adds another layer of stress on top or the triggered trauma and counter transference during each session. I know for a fact what Kyle has dealt with is no more challenging than what I went through during my first 7 months on this job. I can relate to Kyle in that case. Not because it inspires me, I dont find it unique because I had to do something similar after learning to walk and breath again. It doesn't inspire me because I've been there. I can relate because I can sympathize with the struggle. It's much more sympathetic compassion than it is admiration. It really humanizes him. And I think it is good for his reputation (not necessary) that Kyle is a human being, dealing with human things outside of racing.

In a way, it's good for Kyle to share with the world that he and his wife have had conception issues. I think it brings in a level of compassion that not many people had for him at first. Kyle is really going to mellow out over the next few years I think

aunty dive likes this.
  37. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Neither Kyle nor you are common. Seriously. Indeed, similar in compartmentalization. I can't name those who could not compartmentalize because they got fired, and we never knew. Props to you man. I truly enjoy your posts as you know. This is brilliant. Really....but I will contend that Kyle and you are a special breed. Good stuff.

38. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Kyle deserved it this year. Far from a fan but the haters are grasping at straws until February. It's amazing the people that are poking and prodding into his personal life.

39. harkin

harkin SoCal Race Fan

He didn’t deserve it, he earned it.

40. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

OK, he earned it. I wasn't trying to be technical.