Kyle Busch appreciation thread

kyle18fan

Proud member of Rowdy Nation
Contributor
I dont think people hate as intensely as you say Rev. I'm sure they are out there, but I think "complainers" is more accurate.

For the record, I dont think Kyle compartmentalizing in his context is that unique either. He has to put it aside while focusing on performing at a championship level. It's hard to keep it in when there are cameras on you. Kyle recognizes that if he's upset aboutsomething, he can be upset and doesn't have to behave a certain way because of an unspoken job rule. I get that.

For what its worth, I was fresh from my recovery of guillian barre when I started my new job. Doing social work with seriously mentally Ill people with medical and physical disabilities could have been (and at times) has been very triggering for my own trauma associated with being so sick. And it was so so difficult. The amount of counter transference going on could have been detrimental to the therapeutic alliances I was creating with mentally Ill folks who depend on that relationship. Knowing that it can be a disservice to a client if I cant put that **** aside adds another layer of stress on top or the triggered trauma and counter transference during each session. I know for a fact what Kyle has dealt with is no more challenging than what I went through during my first 7 months on this job. I can relate to Kyle in that case. Not because it inspires me, I dont find it unique because I had to do something similar after learning to walk and breath again. It doesn't inspire me because I've been there. I can relate because I can sympathize with the struggle. It's much more sympathetic compassion than it is admiration. It really humanizes him. And I think it is good for his reputation (not necessary) that Kyle is a human being, dealing with human things outside of racing.

In a way, it's good for Kyle to share with the world that he and his wife have had conception issues. I think it brings in a level of compassion that not many people had for him at first. Kyle is really going to mellow out over the next few years I think

Why would anyone want him to mellow out ?

Revman

KFB
Hey @kyle18fan ....that jacket on order yet? KYLE BUSCH IS CHAMPION, KYLE BUSCH IS CHAMPION....THANK GOD ALMIGHTY KYLE BUSCH IS CHAMPION!!!!!!

Revman

KFB
Quiet offseason on this board. Crickets. Kyle Busch is your Champion. Undisputed. *Adjusts Champion's hat*

Revman

KFB
Hey Revman I’m glad you are a happy fan. KDB won the regular season and won Homestead. He certainly deserved to be champion so no rain from me on your parade!
Thank you! Love this offseason.....don't care if Daytona is delayed 6 months! It just doesn't get any better than this!!!!

kyle18fan

Proud member of Rowdy Nation
Contributor
Hey @kyle18fan ....that jacket on order yet? KYLE BUSCH IS CHAMPION, KYLE BUSCH IS CHAMPION....THANK GOD ALMIGHTY KYLE BUSCH IS CHAMPION!!!!!!

Santa is handling the matter, hopefully his chase spec TRD powerplant will get er done. :pbjtime:

And no ........... you CANNOT borrow it ...... ever

Revman

KFB
Santa is handling the matter, hopefully his chase spec TRD powerplant will get er done. :pbjtime:

And no ........... you CANNOT borrow it ...... ever
I knew that Santa was a Rowdy fan! Are you still pissed that I broke the heel on the pumps? Geez.....It's Christmas! Come on! Santa gets the Christmas spec TRD motor. Insane horsepower + legendary Toyota reliability....Gonna run some tape on Rudolph (not Denny sized), and your jacket will be there in no time.

Revman

KFB
Appreciate Rowdy in a Lexus. Great lap times I understand. Wheelman. Let's hope it rains, so we can really see what this guy is capable of.

jaqua19

Team Owner
Why would anyone want him to mellow out ?
Naturally, they wouldnt. But as usual Kyle18Fan, you TOTALLY missunderstood the point and spirit of my post. Please don't take offense to this, but I'm just wondering out of curiosity how old you are?

Humanistically, Non-fans recognizing Kyle as a human being with human problems is a huge win for Kyle and his fan base. Recognizing this, and acknowledging his efforts to humanize himself with compassion does not equate to not being okay with who he is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jaqua19

Team Owner
Neither Kyle nor you are common. Seriously. Indeed, similar in compartmentalization. I can't name those who could not compartmentalize because they got fired, and we never knew. Props to you man. I truly enjoy your posts as you know. This is brilliant. Really....but I will contend that Kyle and you are a special breed. Good stuff.
I appreciate that. I seen it from others I've looked up to.

I do enjoy your posts as well. I find a lot of KB's fans online to be very impulsive. I can appreciate that while passionate, you can put biased aside as well and discuss these things in a humanistic manner as well. I do think Kyle is one of the more interesting personalities/individuals we've seen in NASCAR. I find a portion of his fan base sometimes interferes with the appreciation I do have of him, which is why I appreciate your posts. And why I love that he and Samantha chose to share the struggles with the NASCAR community.

One thing I always tell my clients is how powerful it is to recognize that you are being "heard". Knowing that someone or some people are listening to you, and willing to sit with you and listen can be a very healing experience. I think it would be ignorant to assume that even though Kyle compartmentalized it, he was still suffering to some degree. How could someone not? I think Kyle and Samantha chosing to share this, on stage, where there are sooo many people listening was therapeutic for both of them and I'd bet anything that sharing that experience with both the NASCAR community, and the people who were physically there lifted a weight off of their shoulders, and probably helped them accept the challenge they've been faced with. It truly makes me feel more compassion for him and his family and if I'm honest, makes me care more about the well being of he and his family than I do about being annoyed with anything NASCAR related he does.

jaqua19

Team Owner
Bumping this in light of the 24 hours. Tried to find some highlights of Kyle's time.. found a 16 minute full race highlight... First thing I heard was ******* RICK ALLEN'S voice. Kidding me!?

What a shame.

Ventisca

Team Owner
Rowdy Busch now has his own energy drink? Not gonna lie, I'd probably buy it if I saw it in the store.
I know what I would do with mine. :D

But Everything would be mo-better (maybe even great) if Kyle would quit climbing into Trucks and X -- and instead start climbing up the ladder into these other racing challenges.

He mentioned his automaker a lot, so it seems like it comes down to their resources and interest in developing him.

Surely Revman knows more, I'm not invited to the weekly Kyle Fandom Conference Call or attend any Holy Joe sermons...

jaqua19

Team Owner
"Interviewer: Who is the best in the business right now.?

Kyle: You're looking at him". Arrogant much? Lol

Joker

#1 Harvick Fan
I can't ****** stand King a**hole, but... he ain't wrong.

Snappy D

2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
I laughed at Kyle’s comments today, I am a fan of his brashness. He’s not wrong either, best in the business

DaBiff1618

Team Owner
I can't ******* stand King a**hole, but... he ain't wrong.

Harvick is pretty close tbh, I think he and Childers have single handedly propped up SHR the last 5 years or so. But yeah, when it comes to winner take all or a late restart ima put my money on KB all things even

Joker

#1 Harvick Fan
Harvick is pretty close tbh, I think he and Childers have single handedly propped up SHR the last 5 years or so. But yeah, when it comes to winner take all or a late restart ima put my money on KB all things even
Kyle has more wins and is a decade younger. End of discussion, and I've been a Harvick fan since day one.

jaqua19

Team Owner
I don't know, hard to argue with that one.
Of course he's right. But it's very transparent and I find it weak. Like an arrogant talented kid who is making sure we know he is the best with this passing of the guard, finally, after simply not being good enough to be the best the last 15 years. That's arrogance, not confidence. Kyle is enjoyable, but I find that a bit weak in character imo. He's better than that. Kyle is still a great talent and a deserving champion and deserving of his accolades. I just find that shallow. Just like the Dale Sr comparisons.

jaqua19

Team Owner
I've been wondering if he has that can super glued to his hand. I wonder if he takes it to bed with him
We were laughing at that. Absolutely hysterical.

That can was NOT opened. That was Kyle Busch 100% marketing his product. Which of course, he should, but at least open it and make it look like you are drinking it!

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
Of course he's right. But it's very transparent and I find it weak. Like an arrogant talented kid who is making sure we know he is the best with this passing of the guard, finally, after simply not being good enough to be the best the last 15 years. That's arrogance, not confidence. Kyle is enjoyable, but I find that a bit weak in character imo. He's better than that. Kyle is still a great talent and a deserving champion and deserving of his accolades. I just find that shallow. Just like the Dale Sr comparisons.

How's Suarez doing?

Top Bottom