Kyle Busch appreciation thread

Revman

2X CHAMPION
Of course he's right. But it's very transparent and I find it weak. Like an arrogant talented kid who is making sure we know he is the best with this passing of the guard, finally, after simply not being good enough to be the best the last 15 years. That's arrogance, not confidence. Kyle is enjoyable, but I find that a bit weak in character imo. He's better than that. Kyle is still a great talent and a deserving champion and deserving of his accolades. I just find that shallow. Just like the Dale Sr comparisons.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
He is dicking with you and everybody who has a hard on for what he says. You bit, and you are not alone. Meanwhile, Rowdy Nation is laughing its ass off. Seriously, how do people not get this? It's fun. It's like an end zone dance. It adds to the spectacle. If everybody was as everybody thinks they should be, we would be in church. I find him very strong in character, honestly. It's just that his character isn't politically correct or congruent with the expectations of a hypocritical society where people are exposed on a daily basis, but we maintain this angelic role model notion. Kyle doesn't have crack residue around his nostrils. He is a family man even though some yapping chipmunks around here wanted his attitude last year to be the result of a failing relationship. He hasn't been in prison even though he did choose to drive a LFA quicker than the posted speed limit a few years ago..... He has swagger. He is fun. He moves the needle. He said he is the best. I wouldn't buy his stuff if he thought he was second best. Why should I? I wonder what NASCAR would look like if we took all of the voices out there, and constructed a series from the ground up inclusive of how we want our drivers to act. Dear God. That would be terrible.

Revman

2X CHAMPION
We were laughing at that. Absolutely hysterical.

That can was NOT opened. That was Kyle Busch 100% marketing his product. Which of course, he should, but at least open it and make it look like you are drinking it!

OMG..Kyle is marketing his product?! That never happens in NASCAR.....

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
For any of you KB fans here is a behind the scenes video of him that shows what a race day is like in the shoes of Kyle Busch.

Last edited:

jaqua19

Team Owner
For any of you KB fans here is a behind the scenes video of him that shows what a race day is like in the shoes of Kyle Busch.
I've always wondered what race day is like off camera. Pretty cool to see. The coolest thing is the contrast between reality and television..

Kyle was the race winner, media talk, media coverage goes all the way into the next race. Yet, by 7:00pm, no one is at the track, media goes home, and Kyle is with him family at taco before hitting the plane.

In a lot of ways, it genuinely seems like a Friday sort of work day. Get up, with the family, go to work (race and post race for 6 hours) and back in their own little world heading home. It makes the career of a cup driver look WAY less glamourus. Cool

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
The non-committal committal.

Let’s get the win! Reverse butt-hurt is the best kind.

Nitro Dude

Revman

2X CHAMPION
yeah he's working on yet another record....how many races can a full time cup driver screw up in two weeks time.
I value your non-biased, objective opinion......whenever it shows up. If ever.

Nitro Dude

This is definitely a different side of KDB that we are not use to seeing. He is actually thinking and doing things rationally and with a decent heart in the past couple of days. You could tell that he really felt bad after he wrecked Chase and then again after Chase lost his win in Charlotte and now he is showing he cares about wearing masks.

AdoubleU24

Team Owner
I didn't understand why Kyle equated him losing to having no money for his foundation. The money last night was going to Covid relief regardless of who won.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
I didn't understand why Kyle equated him losing to having no money for his foundation. The money last night was going to Covid relief regardless of who won.
That and if he wants an extra $50,000 to his foundation, he can sell his iRacing SimCraft rig.

Hell, he can auction it off and probably get double.

Or you know, give $50,000 to his own foundation whenever he wants.

He mentions “broken pieces after sitting for 6 months”as if he’s unaware that it was illegal for the teams to come together until April. Apparently he’s an out of touch business operator as well.

Nitro Dude

I just consider it Kyle being Kyle, which is why it is SO EASY to dislike him. This is the normal Kyle. The rare occasions when he acts halfway decent is the anomaly.
Exactly, Just when you think he is starting to take a step forward he takes two backwards. I'm not a big fan of whiners, excuse makers, or bad sportsmanship and those seem to be some of his biggest traits. I would have liked to have seen him go over and congratulate Chase instead of spewing a bunch of excuses and throwing his employees under the bus. Hopefully after he calmed down he did and they just didn't show it. Now if Chase and Bowman can seal a 1-2 finish tonight then this will have been a pretty good week.

Spotter22

Team Owner
Exactly, Just when you think he is starting to take a step forward he takes two backwards. I'm not a big fan of whiners, excuse makers, or bad sportsmanship and those seem to be some of his biggest traits. I would have liked to have seen him go over and congratulate Chase instead of spewing a bunch of excuses and throwing his employees under the bus. Hopefully after he calmed down he did and they just didn't show it. Now if Chase and Bowman can seal a 1-2 finish tonight then this will have been a pretty good week.
They are gonna need a Mercury Outboard. ;)

Dr_B_UNC

Team Owner
"In the booth" KyBu for the Bristol Xfinity race was pretty good. When he's not competing, he gave great insight and was very observant on what was really happening. I remember one restart where I believe Algaier was leading and absolutely killed them. Kyle said "oh I know what he did now." When asked what it was, he was coy and said something like "I'm not gonna blow it for him." That was a fun KyBu.

Top Bottom