Kyle Busch appreciation thread

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
A bit off is very kind at this point in the season. But they all led laps at Texas except Jones. Much like the Chevy, they start off fast and don't keep up with the track. I say that, but it could be the others get better as the race wears on. It seems to be one or the other. I think Kyle's grass cutting trim job helped his car

StandOnIt

Farm Truck

Revman

TRD
Winner. Didn't somebody say that he would mail it in the rest of the year? Great night!

Churchkey

Crew Chief
HA-- He won in the Zombie car--the irony.
That Halloween lid he wore would be a fine a fine addition to anyone's KB collection.

Turtle84

underglow
What is it 15 years in a row with at least 1 win for Kyle? That's impressive consistency even for an abysmal year. The Texas win could be a legacy saver.

Very curious to see how many more Cup wins he can tally up in the future.

jaqua19

Team Owner
What is it 15 years in a row with at least 1 win for Kyle? That's impressive consistency even for an abysmal year. The Texas win could be a legacy saver.

Very curious to see how many more Cup wins he can tally up in the future.
He'll finish with 80-90 and 3-4 titles, imo.

Lacks that truly GOAT level peak and 5-10 year stretch that everyone above him in the win column has, but the length of his prime, and his culmative accomplishments will probably make him arguably the greatest driver of all time who isn't Dale, Johnson, Gordon, Pearson, and Petty, imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ReturnTrip

Team Owner
Funny how this board tries to quantify some stuff, and then qualify other stuff. Regular season Champion and Playoff Champion, and you go third on team? Interesting.
Funny how Kyle has one win in two years.

jaqua19

Team Owner
Funny ?? I think it hilarious especially when the booth is telling us constantly that he is the best driver in Nascar and Harvick is only a closer.
I think that isn't really true.

Kyle probably still is the best talent. And Harvick hasn't been the closer in a while.

You know who was a closer? Mr Kenseth.

Turtle84

underglow
Gotta admit, found myself pulling for the 18 before the season was done.

Wish he would run more colors like his Texas one more often...

hmmm298

Car Chief
He'll finish with 80-90 and 3-4 titles, imo.

Lacks that truly GOAT level peak and 5-10 year stretch that everyone above him in the win column has, but the length of his prime, and his culmative accomplishments will probably make him arguably the greatest driver of all time who isn't Dale, Johnson, Gordon, Pearson, and Petty, imo.

Who knows if he has actually hit his peak yet, look at Harvick as he got older. He could just be getting started with that 5-10 year stretch. A scary thought however unlikely it is.

Last edited:

Team Penske

Team Owner
Who knows if he has actually hit his peak yet, look at Harvick as he got older. He could just be getting started with that 5-10 year stretch. A scary thought however unlikely it is.
Harvick's road was a different winding path that led to a team with winning equipment and a CC that could take him there.
Kyle has always had the best of equipment and his choice of CC's within the JGR organization, which he has changed often.
The fact that Kyle has only 1 more championship than Harvick makes me wonder who really is the better of the two.

Revman

TRD
Well, I will put this here....I ****** hate it that Adam was axed, and I agree with Chocolate Myers....If you think Kyle wasn't consulted, you are an idiot. I am not happy at all. We keep hearing about this "team" sport, and then the "team" turns on one of their own. I will be pulling hard for Adam with the 20 next year.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Well, I will put this here....I ****** hate it that Adam was axed, and I agree with Chocolate Myers....If you think Kyle wasn't consulted, you are an idiot. I am not happy at all. We keep hearing about this "team" sport, and then the "team" turns on one of their own. I will be pulling hard for Adam with the 20 next year.
Oh my. Not from preacher's favorite choir boy. Blasphemy will not be tolerated. :biggrin: Pure speculation, but the long win less streak turned into a grudge match between the two. Both men apart became more valuable than both together. I believe like you that the Kyle crapped in his mess kit. He will probably be able to rant and rave to the new crew chief (bully) but the bottom line IMO is that his chief isn't as sharp as Adam and Kyle isn't as sharp as he thinks he is. Good stuff though interesting. It could provide many hours of comedic relief one way or the other. Oh, can ya see it now if C. Bell starts beating him. :laugh:

Turtle84

underglow
Who's the crew chief now?

With the no practice curveball last season, Kyle not happy with the setup or speed in the car off the trailer, perhaps that will be a strong point for the new pairing.

Revman

TRD

With the no practice curveball last season, Kyle not happy with the setup or speed in the car off the trailer, perhaps that will be a strong point for the new pairing.

Ben Beshore. I don't know about all of that. All of the JGR crew chiefs share information. How they couldn't figure that out, ya got me....and that's what concerns me....giving a guy the boot when the reason behind the problem hadn't been defined--or at least, we don't know about it. The other thing we cannot forget is that Kyle hates this package and hates this kind of racing. Adam was never going to change that.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck

The stats don't prove that. Not his best ave starting position @ 9.9 but his overall 18 year ave is 12.1. I saw of a lot of the usual with the 18 being in the lead pack at the ending of the race, but he couldn't get that extra it took to win the race.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Ben Beshore. I don't know about all of that. All of the JGR crew chiefs share information. How they couldn't figure that out, ya got me....and that's what concerns me....giving a guy the boot when the reason behind the problem hadn't been defined--or at least, we don't know about it. The other thing we cannot forget is that Kyle hates this package and hates this kind of racing. Adam was never going to change that.
Kyle doesn't like any package...remember what he said about the COT? Somebody show me where Kyle was quoted saying he "liked" any generation car.

Turtle84

underglow
Hmm he won the championship in 19' with 7 wins same package? But hates momentum racing and was happy with the car in 2020? Something not add up there.

He can hate the package and still be good at it. They'll adjust to the new rules and bounce back I'm confident in that. Sometimes it's just an off year combination and you're playing catch up against the best teams in the business.

Conover

Team Owner
Kyle liked it when they could practice a lot and get everything dialed in. Maybe not so much racing on the fly.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
Rally ‘round the family.

Team Penske

Team Owner
Just wanted to throw this observation out there for consideration.
We all saw Adam throw at fit at the 78 team, something I thought wasn't called for in public.
Then we saw one of the best CC's at JGR walk away from his contract.
Next we see the supposedly top Nascar driver fail to get a top 5 in most races.

Does anyone consider that many were working against Adam????

Is Bell in trouble next season?

Revman

TRD
Just wanted to throw this observation out there for consideration.
We all saw Adam throw at fit at the 78 team, something I thought wasn't called for in public.
Then we saw one of the best CC's at JGR walk away from his contract.
Next we see the supposedly top Nascar driver fail to get a top 5 in most races.

Does anyone consider that many were working against Adam????

Is Bell in trouble next season?
1. The 78 box was chirping at him. He fired back...and backed down when Cowboy was ready to crush his ass.
2. Pearn was gone before he got there. He didn't want to be in NC.
3. I don't Kyle knows what he wants from this package. Jimmie didn't either.

Nobody is working against Adam IMO, or he would be gone.

Bell is the TRD Driver Development All In Driver....20 million into him. So, it is assumed that he is amazing, but until he is amazing, who the hell knows. If Bell falls flat on his face, you have had Ratcliff and Stevens....it would be about Bell, and Bell alone IMO. How will he do? I hope he wins 10 ****** races and the ************* title in all honesty.

Top Bottom