Kyle Busch appreciation thread

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
To be fair to Kyle they were heading into deep water and those are the best flotation devises known to mankind.

jaqua19

Team Owner
Ive said this many times, but Kyle truly is one of the last of an almost retired generation.

I whole heartily believe that Kyle's career will be winding down in the next 5 years. I still don't imagine him racing in cup deep into his 40s.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MAGICMILER

Alton Pond
Contributor
I can appreciate the fact Kyle and his family have triggered so many people into a frenzy.

Team Penske

Team Owner
I think Kyle has semi retired already in his own mind. I do believe his team will
win this year but I don't think Kyle has the killer in him any more. His skills will keep him up front for a few more years.
Family is probably more important now.

Revman

TRD
When do we start the "Does Kyle Even Care Anymore?" or "Has Kyle Lost a Step Thread?"? The problem we have here is not diminished skill set or a distracted driver. We have a driver who hates this package, hasn't figured out how to race it (maybe because he has given up on it), and pissed off the best crew chief he will ever have when he needs him the most....All of this in the middle of a development freeze which may render what he has all he will have. He said the same **** on his scanner he said all year last year.....Why are we slow? Why is so and so (insert JGR driver here) fast? We ****** suck! The newest thing I have noticed from MY Toyota camp is that WE have a sim problem now. Shut the **** up, and drive the ****** car. I wish TRD could engineer drivers....Wait....that's the Driver Development Program! Working on it!

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
The problem we have here is not diminished skill set or a distracted driver. We have a driver who hates this package, hasn't figured out how to race it
Isn’t this basically the same racing package that he won the championship with in 2019? The only major change from 2019 to 2020 was a reduced downforce package for short tracks and road courses, which is what they still use for 2021.

I think we have to take a serious look at the team bringing speed of the truck instead of figuring that part out in practice. The #18 team made nice adjustments throughout Sunday’s race to grab a top 10. If they continue that throughout the season, they will consistently be win competitive.

I just think that they had an edge on the racing package in 2019 and everyone else did their due diligence to catch up.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
There has been a new inspection procedure affecting the wheel housings this year. They are using templates for the wheelhouses now in addition to the hawkeye scanner. That has effected some teams more than others.

CaptainHiTop

Team Owner
Let's not forget NASCAR's Kyle Busch Rule, the dude is not getting anywhere near the seat time he used to.

Revman

TRD
Isn’t this basically the same racing package that he won the championship with in 2019? The only major change from 2019 to 2020 was a reduced downforce package for short tracks and road courses, which is what they still use for 2021.

I think we have to take a serious look at the team bringing speed of the truck instead of figuring that part out in practice. The #18 team made nice adjustments throughout Sunday’s race to grab a top 10. If they continue that throughout the season, they will consistently be win competitive.

I just think that they had an edge on the racing package in 2019 and everyone else did their due diligence to catch up.

Yeah, no question here....TRD got a jump on everybody with the high downforce low hp package in 2019. Kyle won early, and then didn't win until Homestead. Certainly, they need more speed off of the truck, but now I am hearing the sim being blamed by a few in both the Toyota and Ford camps. I agree that everybody caught up, but that would mean that Kyle is a 10th place driver straight up. While I have never been a fan of the GOAT narrative, I don't think he is 10th best in this series. We'll see how it all pans out.

Revman

TRD
There has been a new inspection procedure affecting the wheel housings this year. They are using templates for the wheelhouses now in addition to the hawkeye scanner. That has effected some teams more than others.

Help me to understand how the almighty Hawkeye needs manual help.....Lots of money down the drain only to pull the old template out again....

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
I agree that everybody caught up, but that would mean that Kyle is a 10th place driver straight up.
IMO I think it’s more that they had a 10th place car. You stick these guys in equal set ups and I think Kyle wins more often times than not. This day and age, the driver is hard pressed to overcome the engineering. It’s the first mile and half track and it’s not a even D shaped track. They improved their program over the course of the race when few others could. Between that and working on communications with a new crew chief and I think they are moving in the right direction.

Although they better make it quick because so is everyone else. The #19 and #11 had a ton of speed and I’m sure *some* information will be shared.

Revman

TRD
IMO I think it’s more that they had a 10th place car. You stick these guys in equal set ups and I think Kyle wins more often times than not. This day and age, the driver is hard pressed to overcome the engineering. It’s the first mile and half track and it’s not a even D shaped track. They improved their program over the course of the race when few others could. Between that and working on communications with a new crew chief and I think they are moving in the right direction.

Although they better make it quick because so is everyone else. The #19 and #11 had a ton of speed and I’m sure *some* information will be shared.
I would agree, but while I understand others have caught up, I don't see the Camry as an inferior piece--Martin and Denny can find speed. So, everything should be straight up IMO. Kyle ran Sunday pretty much the way he ran all of last year, but the media was caught up in his lack of wins. He would suck, get better, and muscle his way to a decent finish. The problem was--as it was Sunday--by the time they got the car right, it was too late. You take Adam out of the equation, put Ben in, and you have the same issues.....that should be basis for concern for the 18 IMO. It would have made more sense to have Adam with Kyle to continue down set up path...but Kyle wanted to play CEO. I am not happy with this.

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
MMM that car looks delicious. It made me reach over and grab me a mini Mounds chocolate coconut bar. Which in turn reminded me that I only have one left and that I need to go to the store today and pick up another bag of chocolate coconut candy bars and chocolate marshmallow cookies.

Last edited:

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Help me to understand how the almighty Hawkeye needs manual help.....Lots of money down the drain only to pull the old template out again....
It helps to look at it from a different direction if understanding is really what you are looking for which I doubt :biggrin:. It's about who has been fooling around with the wheelhouses where the Hawkeye can't penetrate and they got caught, and which cars has the change affected? Not a clear winner yet, but the preacher's bunch didn't have a very good day on the first 1.5 they ran, Neither did Harvick and the SHR's

McDowell has something to say about it. He doesn't name any names, but he says Nascar has clamped down on what some were getting away with.

Old Kid

Crew Chief
Contributor
Everything's grate.jpg

Turtle84

underglow
Strong day by the 18 today, that's the best I've seen them on speed so far this season aside from Daytona

hmmm298

Car Chief
Strong day by the 18 today, that's the best I've seen them on speed so far this season aside from Daytona
Honestly it might just be me but Kyle has ALWAYS seemed to do better when he runs the trucks the same weekend. Not surd if practice or he learns something tp use inches setup 3etc.Maybe especially now with the lack of practice now.
He was winless last year, but I believe he also didn't run anymore truck races last year after the stoppage and end of practice etc because of the 5 race limit. Coincidence?

Turtle84

underglow
Honestly it might just be me but Kyle has ALWAYS seemed to do better when he runs the trucks the same weekend. Not surd if practice or he learns something tp use inches setup 3etc.Maybe especially now with the lack of practice now.
He was winless last year, but I believe he also didn't run anymore truck races last year after the stoppage and end of practice etc because of the 5 race limit. Coincidence?

He won Texas at the end last year, but yeah he loves himself some practice in trucks and little yank to the left on aprons.

DaBiff1618

Team Owner
Kyle Busch had 14 top 5’s last year, behind only Harvick (20), Hamlin (17), and Chase (15). He also finished 8th in points ahead of Ryan Blaney and had as many wins as him and Truex. If that’s a down year then Kyle is one heckuva driver 🙃😉

Top Bottom