Kyle Busch appreciation thread

jaqua19

Team Owner
Not sure where KB is going with this. What did he expect reporters to do with what he said? Most of the time, I get his angle...not so much on this one.
Maybe is trying to bring in additional funding/money through sales lol.

Idk, but if Gibbs isnt increasing the offer, maybe KB is trying to bring something in?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Not sure where KB is going with this. What did he expect reporters to do with what he said? Most of the time, I get his angle...not so much on this one.
Eh, it's usually a sound bite during the race, and if possible a comment for social media. That's the usual pattern.

Revman

You can't handle the truth!
No matter who, be it Kyle or any other driver, this is the best post I've seen by a driver in a long time.
Kyle ****** Busch. ****** with the narrative. I love it. LOVE IT.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
What does an 85 year old women understand about Kyle Busch that @StandOnIt doesn't....besides everything? ;)
I know a guy that called on a couple of 85 year old women.. They left the room for a bit and he noticed a bowl of nuts on the table. Being a bit hungry he grabbed a few nuts and was chewing on them when they returned to the room and sat down. One of the ladies said jokingly we love peanut M&M's but with our false teeth we can only suck the chocolate off of them.

9050lx

Spectator
I know a guy that called on a couple of 85 year old women.. They left the room for a bit and he noticed a bowl of nuts on the table. Being a bit hungry he grabbed a few nuts and was chewing on them when they returned to the room and sat down. One of the ladies said jokingly we love peanut M&M's but with our false teeth we can only suck the chocolate off of them.
Just lost my appetite (for a month).

Formerjackman

Team Owner
Not that it will matter to the Kool-Aid drinkers, but Tommy Baldwin absolutely blasted Kyle on this week's Door Bumper clear for his childish antics.........

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Not that it will matter to the Kool-Aid drinkers, but Tommy Baldwin absolutely blasted Kyle on this week's Door Bumper clear for his childish antics.........
He drove all the way around the track making left turns, had the left turn made into the garage...ehhh couldn't make it.

Revman

Why would what Tommy Baldwin thinks be of interest to me? I'll wait.

Formerjackman

Team Owner
Why would what Tommy Baldwin thinks be of interest to me? I'll wait.
Uh, Daytona 500 winning crew chief, car owner, 30 year veteran of the sport, the handpicked choice by Ray Evernham to replace him at HMS, (didn't end up happening). I don't know, why would I be interested in HIS opinion when I could just listen to a bunch of blowhards on the internet?

Jorge De Guzman

2017, 2021 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
Uh, Daytona 500 winning crew chief, car owner, 30 year veteran of the sport, the handpicked choice by Ray Evernham to replace him at HMS, (didn't end up happening). I don't know, why would I be interested in HIS opinion when I could just listen to a bunch of blowhards on the internet?
I remember when Ray stepped down oh gosh was it 99? And Brian Whitesell was interim crew chief until the end of the season, Tommy Baldwin was rumored to be a candidate to be on the 24 box for the 2000 season. I read this in my dad’s AutoWeek magazine....trying to find out who Baldwin was....CC for the 22 of Bill Davis Racing, the CAT Pontiac. By the time I got initiated, Robbie Loomis was named Crew Chief of the 24 and the rest is history.

Formerjackman

Team Owner
I remember when Ray stepped down oh gosh was it 99? And Brian Whitesell was interim crew chief until the end of the season, Tommy Baldwin was rumored to be a candidate to be on the 24 box for the 2000 season. I read this in my dad’s AutoWeek magazine....trying to find out who Baldwin was....CC for the 22 of Bill Davis Racing, the CAT Pontiac. By the time I got initiated, Robbie Loomis was named Crew Chief of the 24 and the rest is history.
Baldwin had accepted the job, and then his dad talked him out of it. He asked HMS to tear up the contract, and they did. Tommy said on DBC that that was the biggest mistake he ever made.

Ford 222

Team Owner
Baldwin had accepted the job, and then his dad talked him out of it. He asked HMS to tear up the contract, and they did. Tommy said on DBC that that was the biggest mistake he ever made.
Wonder why his Dad talked him out of it? Or even how? Best team, most resources, arguably best driver, manufacturer has NASCARs nuts in it's mouth, what's to lose?

Revman

...and he doesn't like KFB....get in line. Big deal.

2 Sweet

48 > 11
Tommy Baldwin was rumored to be a candidate to be on the 24 box for the 2000 season

Baldwin had accepted the job, and then his dad talked him out of it. He asked HMS to tear up the contract, and they did

I completely forgot about that.

That subject would be a good idea for a thread. Moves within NASCAR that almost happened, but didn't

Formerjackman

Team Owner
Wonder why his Dad talked him out of it? Or even how? Best team, most resources, arguably best driver, manufacturer has NASCARs nuts in it's mouth, what's to lose?
His dad said the 24 team was already a dynasty, and that he should build his OWN legacy at BDR. Nice sentiments, but did ANYONE think Bill Davis was poised to join the ranks of super teams? Jeff Gordon was faced with a similar decision in 1992 and decided the answer was no.

Formerjackman

Team Owner
Good advice. Wonder why the question was asked in the first place, huh?
Because Baldwin was a guest on Door Bumper Clear and they were reviewing the race. Logano's and Busch's actions at Darlington were a both major topics for discussion. Baldwin is of the same opinion I am. Having upper 1% talent doesn't give you a free pass to be a douche bag.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
Baldwin’s team met the RTA’s criteria and was granted one of the original Charters.

Sold it for somewhere between 2 and 4 million dollars.

Jorge De Guzman

2017, 2021 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
His dad said the 24 team was already a dynasty, and that he should build his OWN legacy at BDR. Nice sentiments, but did ANYONE think Bill Davis was poised to join the ranks of super teams? Jeff Gordon was faced with a similar decision in 1992 and decided the answer was no.
Thats wild I never knew that. I think I remember at that time, Tommy was one of the up and coming crew chiefs in NASCAR

Top Bottom