Kyle Busch appreciation thread

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
Uh, Daytona 500 winning crew chief, car owner, 30 year veteran of the sport, the handpicked choice by Ray Evernham to replace him at HMS, (didn't end up happening). I don't know, why would I be interested in HIS opinion when I could just listen to a bunch of blowhards on the internet?
If he would just add a racing forums membership to that impressive list, then I think more fans here would take his opinions a little more seriously. ;)

Ford 222

Team Owner
His dad said the 24 team was already a dynasty, and that he should build his OWN legacy at BDR. Nice sentiments, but did ANYONE think Bill Davis was poised to join the ranks of super teams? Jeff Gordon was faced with a similar decision in 1992 and decided the answer was no.
Was that about the time Dodge was coming back? Maybe thought BDR being a flagship team they could compete with the HMSs of the time?

2 Sweet

48 > 11
Was that about the time Dodge was coming back? Maybe thought BDR being a flagship team they could compete with the HMSs of the time?

That's a good question. Unfortunately for Davis, I think Evernham and Ganassi were clearly the top Dodge teams. BDR was never a flagship team no matter what manufacturer they were aligned with. I think Ward Burton paired with Baldwin is the only reason BDR even stayed relevant for as long as they did.

Revman

Hush.
Because Baldwin was a guest on Door Bumper Clear and they were reviewing the race. Logano's and Busch's actions at Darlington were a both major topics for discussion. Baldwin is of the same opinion I am. Having upper 1% talent doesn't give you a free pass to be a douche bag.
And as @cheesepuffs astutely pointed out in regard to William Byron...All we know is what he shows us, If William Byron can have a sassy side, KFB can have a decent side away from the microphones....but if you want to call him a complete douchebag, that's fine. He doesn't care. Let's make a cute t-shirt.

Spotter22

Team Owner
And as @cheesepuffs astutely pointed out in regard to William Byron...All we know is what he shows us, If William Byron can have a sassy side, KFB can have a decent side away from the microphones....but if you want to call him a complete douchebag, that's fine. He doesn't care. Let's make a cute t-shirt.
How you can defend his actions is beyond me. You come off more of a shill then people already think you are. You dont park your car on pit road ( Bull$**** it wouldnt turn) just like you dont leave your car on the backstretch at Bristol and walk thru the tunnel to the drivers lot leaving your crew to go get it and push it back. BUSCH League move Period.

Spotter22

Team Owner
Uh, Daytona 500 winning crew chief, car owner, 30 year veteran of the sport, the handpicked choice by Ray Evernham to replace him at HMS, (didn't end up happening). I don't know, why would I be interested in HIS opinion when I could just listen to a bunch of blowhards on the internet?
100% agree. See, we can get along

Revman

Hush.
How you can defend his actions is beyond me. You come off more of a shill then people already think you are. You dont park your car on pit road ( Bull$**** it wouldnt turn) just like you dont leave your car on the backstretch at Bristol and walk thru the tunnel to the drivers lot leaving your crew to go get it and push it back. BUSCH League move Period.
Don't mind your opinion, but stuff the snark personal stuff....and please spare me the "don't give a ****, I will say what I want" chest thumping crap too. I love the references to "people" and "some/many of us." Whatever. I'll take the guy who plays the ass, and then is decent when nobody is looking over the nice guy who plays the saint, and then is a prick when the cameras are off every day. Some are both, and we don't talk about them here because they are "vanilla." Simple.

cheesepuffs

F you and see ya tomorrow
Evernham left HMS specifically for a flagship Dodge deal, so I doubt Tommy thought BDR would be the top Dodge supported Dodge team too

Spotter22

Team Owner
Don't mind your opinion, but stuff the snark personal stuff....and please spare me the "don't give a ****, I will say what I want" chest thumping crap too. I love the references to "people" and "some/many of us." Whatever. I'll take the guy who plays the ass, and then is decent when nobody is looking over the nice guy who plays the saint, and then is a prick when the cameras are off every day. Some are both, and we don't talk about them here because they are "vanilla." Simple.
Thats hilarious coming form the guy he made a personal comment about me. I'm like Jimmy Spencer, I dont forget and I dont care what he does off track I'm talking about racing, not charity work, working in a food kitchen donating money etc. The topic is. what he does at the track and his actions reek of being a poor sport.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Thats hilarious coming form the guy he made a personal comment about me. I'm like Jimmy Spencer, I dont forget and I dont care what he does off track I'm talking about racing, not charity work, working in a food kitchen donating money etc. The topic is. what he does at the track and his actions reek of being a poor sport.
Nascar fined the hell out of him the last time he blasted thru the garage entrance, took out the cones and scattered people. I think it was $50,000.

Nitro Dude

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ford 222

Team Owner
That's a good question. Unfortunately for Davis, I think Evernham and Ganassi were clearly the top Dodge teams. BDR was never a flagship team no matter what manufacturer they were aligned with. I think Ward Burton paired with Baldwin is the only reason BDR even stayed relevant for as long as they did.
Flagship was a bad term to use. I meant one of the “original” teams making the commitment to Dodge they would be higher in the pecking order than the teams that switch manufacturers often.

jaqua19

Team Owner
Kyle ****** Busch. ****** with the narrative. I love it. LOVE IT.
A whiny bratty competitor, a villain, can't control his temper (like loads of people out there)...but a decent and good man and good father.

It's never been in question after Braxton was born.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AuzGrams

Driver Wannabe
I don’t really care who Kyle is off the track too much (guess he’s trying lower levels of sprint cars & micro sprints) he’s been quite a poor sport lately in my opinion. I don’t mean vanilla, but he needs to clean it up for another day personally, already has his win for the playoffs and running decent.

Nitro Dude

Even though I don't think he is even close to retirement yet, I would love to see Kyle run in the Indy 500. As good of a career as he has had, I think it would be pretty cool to see him get the chance to compete at the most prestigious auto race in the world before he hangs up his helmet. I'm sure his big brother and Danica could give him a lot of helpful advice.:punkrocke

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Even though I don't think he is even close to retirement yet, I would love to see Kyle run in the Indy 500. As good of a career as he has had, I think it would be pretty cool to see him get the chance to compete at the most prestigious auto race in the world before he hangs up his helmet. I'm sure his big brother and Danica could give him a lot of helpful advice.:punkrocke
He's 37, it sounds like toyota/Gibbs don't have their claws in him anymore at the present time. Who knows?

Revman

Hush.
Yeah, but why has Honda never wanted in to cup?
I think it's that they are getting what they want from the series they are in. When you look at it from the 60K ft. view.....NASCAR is just now maybe finding their way again....Why enter when there is still uncertainty? The picture will clarify when the new engine formula is confirmed.

Nitro Dude

I want to see this movie. I hope it is shown on the west coast on June 29th.

antman12

Team Owner
Great long form podcast with Kyle and Dale hosted by Greg Olsen. The conversation is centered around children and parenting. Whether it was their own upbringing or their parenting now. Obviously a lot of conversation about Brexton and how he handles that. Very positive conversation in general. Conversation starts at 4:30.

Magicmiler

36.5157°N, 82.2570°W
Screenshot_20220612-060935_Facebook.jpg

AuzGrams

Driver Wannabe
Great long form podcast with Kyle and Dale hosted by Greg Olsen. The conversation is centered around children and parenting. Whether it was their own upbringing or their parenting now. Obviously a lot of conversation about Brexton and how he handles that. Very positive conversation in general. Conversation starts at 4:30.

I’ll have to watch more in-depth, How about those kids learn struggle for once in their life and gain the positives from that.

lisa

Kurt Busch fan
Well to be fair, he kinda needed to leave, like important to leave. Give Kyle a break.

And that commercial is THE bomb. Kurt always makes me laugh.

Top Bottom