Kyle Busch appreciation thread

LewTheShoe

Team Owner

God he’s so important. So glad he’s there to remind us…
Richard Petty wouldn't skip practice either. But he would, and routinely did, stay late after the race signing autographs and shaking hands with fans. His wife Lynda would bring Richard a plate of food, and later she'd bring another plate, and he ate while he worked with the fans until the job was done.

That's why he is the King of Nascar (along with 200 Cup wins and 7 championships).

Times have changed and pit access after the race has changed, but there is nothing preventing todays drivers from going into the grandstands and spending an hour or two, one time per week, with the paying clients.

Ford 222

Team Owner
Richard Petty wouldn't skip practice either. But he would, and routinely did, stay late after the race signing autographs and shaking hands with fans. His wife Lynda would bring Richard a plate of food, and later she'd bring another plate, and he ate while he worked with the fans until the job was done.

That's why he is the King of Nascar (along with 200 Cup wins and 7 championships).

Times have changed and pit access after the race has changed, but there is nothing preventing todays drivers from going into the grandstands and spending an hour or two, one time per week, with the paying clients.
Yup. He understood his importance to the sport was WAY more than just driving and winning. KB is no different than many of the divers out there today, he’s just a dick about it usually.

Revman

You can't handle the truth!

Kyle has stayed late, and randomly given autographs to fans in their cars trying to exit races. Legend is greater than fact, and honestly, all we have with Petty is the legend part. With Kyle, we have social media to track his every move....but in this case, you missed that too.

Revman

Yup. He understood his importance to the sport was WAY more than just driving and winning. KB is no different than many of the divers out there today, he’s just a dick about it usually.
Quantify "dick usually" please. What percentage of the time is he a said dick? If you need a percentage of the time he wasn't a dick....I can help with that.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I don't think the fans were interrupting his Tee off time, I don't think he plays that much golf like so many of the others do. But when you leave your brother stranded when he wins a race and has to stay later, that goes along with this signing deal. It's hurray for me and the hell with everybody else. His narcissistic fan base doesn't see anything wrong with that lol.

Revman

I don't think the fans were interrupting his Tee off time, I don't think he plays that much golf like so many of the others do. But when you leave your brother stranded when he wins a race and has to stay later, that goes along with this signing deal. It's hurray for me and the hell with everybody else.
His brother laughed about it. Quit making **** up. Good God.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Text Kurt and ask him what he wants to do (like he had a choice) because we are going home and their son wakes up early. Hmmm I wonder what they would have done if Kyle had won? This all makes sense to narcissists, it's all about them.

MAGICMILER

Team Owner
God forbid Kurt fly commercial...
I find it interesting there was no one else in the whole garage area to hitch a flight home with...

MAGICMILER

Team Owner
Text Kurt and ask him what he wants to do (like he had a choice) because we are going home and their son wakes up early. Hmmm I wonder what they would have done if Kyle had won? This all makes sense to narcissists, it's all about them.

Caring about your Son and family makes one a narccist?

Jorge De Guzman

2017, 2021 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
Reminds me of this fella and his post race tantrum. He kept his ride and his long time sponsor
1657542783029.jpeg

AuzGrams

Team Owner
I thought it was a nice quiet weekend for the 18 team and Kyle, just the way they like it. Next race.

RHRFan#1

Car Chief
Reminds me of this fella and his post race tantrum. He kept his ride and his long time sponsor
View attachment 63967
First off... LOL! Anytime I see this picture I can't help but laugh. I remember watching that live, and just found it utterly hilarious then, and now. Also, he did the double bird 1 year later at Iowa Speedway after he got taken out by EJ Viso. Enjoy that at the end of my comment.

Secondly: a little bit of a different circumstance. Will Power's life was put as risk by restarting an Indycar on an oval with slick tires, when it was raining and like half the field crashed. This also followed years of just absolutely horrendous officiating by Brian Barnhart, the person he's flipping off in the picture you posted. But I get your point lol.

1657577015431.png

Revman

So, a caller on NASCAR Radio brought this up, and I thought it was an interesting point. The contract negotiations have gone on far too long. Coach isn't going to hand him 10 million....but what if Kyle is trying to get a piece of JGR equity instead of cash? To be placed in the same stratosphere contractually as Jeff Gordon would be an ego rush for Kyle, take care of his truck team, and secure Brexton's future. The hang up potentially could be that this is a HUGE ask from Coach. Whatcha all think?

hmmm298

Team Owner
Tbh I remember seeing someone, not sure who, saying Reddick should have "played the field" instead of signing this early with a new team. Perhaps that is Kyle's approach.

2 Sweet

48 > 11
So, a caller on NASCAR Radio brought this up, and I thought it was an interesting point. The contract negotiations have gone on far too long. Coach isn't going to hand him 10 million....but what if Kyle is trying to get a piece of JGR equity instead of cash? To be placed in the same stratosphere contractually as Jeff Gordon would be an ego rush for Kyle, take care of his truck team, and secure Brexton's future. The hang up potentially could be that this is a HUGE ask from Coach. Whatcha all think?

I think the negotiations (Kyle's contract) are somewhat dependent on sponsorship. As far as going on for too long, I wouldn't call this a "negotiation"....more like a matter of getting everything in order with guaranteed financial backing before they can agree to meet Kyle's desired salary.

I do get the feel that Kyle wants to be involved in Cup Series ownership at some point. And I know Joe isn't getting any younger, but I really don't see him being interested in selling a stake of the team when he has a lot of family (who have already been involved for years) to keep the show running once he's gone. Although maybe TRD can help facilitate something that's in everyone's best interest?

Here's how I see it: Kyle knows driving for JGR is his best bet going forward. Joe knows Kyle is his best driver. TRD knows Kyle/KBR is extremely important to their NASCAR operations. I really don't see any scenario where Kyle leaves the 18.

Dr_B_UNC

Team Owner

Could be something to that, especially seeing a bitter rival in Kes getting just that. But, at the end of the day, I think it's a case of Kyle thinking it's 2005 and grossly overestimating his value. He's cometely and utterly unmarketable. His talent far exceeds his marketability and value.

Revman

Could be something to that, especially seeing a bitter rival in Kes getting just that. But, at the end of the day, I think it's a case of Kyle thinking it's 2005 and grossly overestimating his value. He's cometely and utterly unmarketable. His talent far exceeds his marketability and value.
I agree on the Brad piece.....I do think he is overestimating his value not because of his attitude, but because he isn't comprehending the new market value--see Matt Kenseth. The thing is that when pride/ego enter the equation, crazy **** can happen. I think he might be gone, honestly. If M&M's truly thought that they weren't getting value, they would have been off that car post Hornaday.

jaqua19

Team Owner
I think KB ownership at the cup level is something inevitable. I don't think that lies with JGR.

To me, KB has an asking price that's far too high, at least that may be how Joe sees it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

28car

Team Owner
Could Tyler be plan B for the 18 next year……. Sure his contract is in the way

Kyle buys the 78 or 38 or some other slow running team to get charter

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks
If Toyota really wanted Kyle they'd throw a few $ million in these contract negotiations so he stays with Gibbs. Idk...

jaqua19

Team Owner
Kyle is out of the cup series by 2026 at the absolute latest, and that's a hill I will die on.

The performance is dipping, and he just seems like he's done with it.

Go win your championship in the truck series, make history there, and get KBM up to cup. It seems clear KB the cup driver is losing interest.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

cheesepuffs

F you and see ya tomorrow
Tbh I remember seeing someone, not sure who, saying Reddick should have "played the field" instead of signing this early with a new team. Perhaps that is Kyle's approach.
He did play the field. Reddick was in talks with multiple teams.

Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader
Kyle has stayed late, and randomly given autographs to fans in their cars trying to exit races. Legend is greater than fact, and honestly, all we have with Petty is the legend part. With Kyle, we have social media to track his every move....but in this case, you missed that too.
Where you around during the 60s and 70s ? I was and It was more than some legend, it was common knowledge that Petty went above and beyond with his time for the fans.
As respectfully as I can put it that part was even better than the 200 wins.
I think he was the best representative Nascar ever had.

Ford 222

Team Owner
Where you around during the 60s and 70s ? I was and It was more than some legend, it was common knowledge that Petty went above and beyond with his time for the fans.
As respectfully as I can put it that part was even better than the 200 wins.
I think he was the best representative Nascar ever had.
Petty STILL does it….because he knows what he means to the NASCAR sport.

Can‘t recall a time he ever threw a fit and made an ass of himself either?

Top Bottom