Kyle Busch appreciation thread

9050lx

Jackman
A lot of stuff was better in the 60s and 70s.
A lot of stuff was, my only 70's car was a 72 Nova, sloppy,rusty,poorly assembled.Blown head gasket at 90,000 mile for no good reason. I always thought 60's cars were more carefully assembled and better designed,although heavier. Used to work in a body shop and as I recall the 60's cars rarely had any rust through panels.

Ford 222

Team Owner
Quantify "dick usually" please. What percentage of the time is he a said dick? If you need a percentage of the time he wasn't a dick....I can help with that.
Anytime things don't go his way? If you're looking for a hard number, I'd safely say over 100 times on camera with a reporter. Google it. There are entire videos of him being a petulant child.

Revman

You can't handle the truth!
Anytime things don't go his way? If you're looking for a hard number, I'd safely say over 100 times on camera with a reporter. Google it. There are entire videos of him being a petulant child.
YouTube/Google is not my definitive measure. Any vids of him being a great guy? Do the lack of said vids define the man? Look, Kyle can be an ass...maybe even most of the time on TV, but let's be careful about how we define a person based on how he/she shows up for work. I hear you though.....I find those videos to be funny, really.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
YouTube/Google is not my definitive measure. Any vids of him being a great guy? Do the lack of said vids define the man? Look, Kyle can be an ass...maybe even most of the time on TV, but let's be careful about how we define a person based on how he/she shows up for work. I hear you though.....I find those videos to be funny, really.
You sound like a republican with their fake news B.S. on everything they don't agree with. The camera catches the exact event with the actions and words spoken and you say it isn't definitive?

Here is 32 minutes of fake news for ya

Revman

You sound like a republican with their fake news B.S. on everything they don't agree with. The camera catches the exact event with the actions and words spoken and you say it isn't definitive?

Here is 32 minutes of fake news for ya

You spend a lot of time online. Curious....Have you ever been in Kyle's company? Spent some time talking to him? Samantha?

Ford 222

Team Owner
Truthfully, for probably a lot of them what we see in front of a camera isn't who they are. I'm sure a few of them want to lose their **** like Kyle after a race or wreck but control it. Or at least control it a lot better.

It just, for me anyway, says a lot about the person and how they treat others when things are not hunky dory. Especially in a "team" setting. Meetings, practice, race shop...ok, I get the emotions at other teammates. But to blame your team over the radio and over the TV airwaves is just kinda small and says a lot. JMO....and nobody does it like Kyle so he stands out in that regard. Harvick is capable of it though.....and agree, it is funny when ANY of them lose their ****.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
IF KDB goes to SHR like some of the rumors say is going to happen will he change his spots? Hell no I say. He has been kicked off of every team he has been with except the preachers, I don't see that changing. SHR knows what they are getting if they take him in. I have no sympathy if they complain lol.

Daytripper

Team Owner
IF KDB goes to SHR like some of the rumors say is going to happen will he change his spots? Hell no I say. He has been kicked off of every team he has been with except the preachers, I don't see that changing. SHR knows what they are getting if they take him in. I have no sympathy if they complain lol.

Every team? You mean the one other team he has been on.

Revman

Truthfully, for probably a lot of them what we see in front of a camera isn't who they are. I'm sure a few of them want to lose their **** like Kyle after a race or wreck but control it. Or at least control it a lot better.

It just, for me anyway, says a lot about the person and how they treat others when things are not hunky dory. Especially in a "team" setting. Meetings, practice, race shop...ok, I get the emotions at other teammates. But to blame your team over the radio and over the TV airwaves is just kinda small and says a lot. JMO....and nobody does it like Kyle so he stands out in that regard. Harvick is capable of it though.....and agree, it is funny when ANY of them lose their ****.
I think Kyle publicly is a brand....I don't think that he is super awesome privately either.....Have heard a few choice comments over the years about MY Toyotas and their leadership....but I think he gives the sport what it asks of him in terms of interest and exposure.

Revman

Dunno....betcha if Tony says, "Shut the **** up!" I bet he does.

Ford 222

Team Owner
I think Kyle publicly is a brand....I don't think that he is super awesome privately either.....Have heard a few choice comments over the years about MY Toyotas and their leadership....but I think he gives the sport what it asks of him in terms of interest and exposure.
It may be what he thinks he needs to do to keep that "brand" going. But I can't help but think it's hurting him now....

Ford 222

Team Owner
With the cold shoulder video of Kyle and Gibbs, what’s Kyle going to do with is truck team if he keeps being a dick to Gibbs? I’m sure there is some support from JGR there and I doubt Gibbs is going to continue taking attitude from Kyle IF they separate (I still highly doubt they do)?

MAGICMILER

Team Owner
Kyle living in haters heads on His appreciation thread.
America is indeed Spectacular !!!!

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
With the cold shoulder video of Kyle and Gibbs, what’s Kyle going to do with is truck team if he keeps being a dick to Gibbs? I’m sure there is some support from JGR there and I doubt Gibbs is going to continue taking attitude from Kyle IF they separate (I still highly doubt they do)?
About the only rumor of a possible other team being interested was when they said Haas was up at Pocono and now Harvick has said he would be happy with Kyle on the team. I don't take much of what Harvick says though as nothing but stirring the pot and keeping his name out there. The way SHR is running, about all the talking heads want to talk about with Harvick is what he is going to do to get into the chase. I think Kyle is at Toyota's mercy. He will not be happy with the results and more cold shoulders will be coming.

Revman

I think Kyle is at Toyota's mercy.
Ya figured it out. WE want to screw OUR winningest driver in OUR history. How did you ever figure this out? Must have been while you were calculating that WE would buy the series.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Ya figured it out. WE want to screw OUR winningest driver in OUR history. How did you ever figure this out? Must have been while you were calculating that WE would buy the series.
If you had ANY skin in the game that might make sense...eh, probably not lol.

Revman

The continual absolute babble about Kyle's supposed snub of Coach is completely stupid. He finished ****** second (at the time). When has he ever hugged it out after a ****** second? We have posters here that continually point that out, but change the narrative to a snub because that's the truth they so desperately want.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
The continual absolute babble about Kyle's supposed snub of Coach is completely stupid. He finished ****** second (at the time). When has he ever hugged it out after a ****** second? We have posters here that continually point that out, but change the narrative to a snub because that's the truth they so desperately want.
Kyle did his best jackass imitation. Enablers will interpret it as they must.

MAGICMILER

Team Owner
It appears Kyle was conversing with someone when Coach atta Boyed his butt, and was giving his undivided attention to said person or persons.. A full, complete video, instead of a snippet would reveal more to the story, if the original poster wanted it that way. An . acknowledgment of a butt slap was or wasn't returned is what drives peoples lives??? Those folks are indeed in a good place if that is what concerns rhem...

Revman

It appears Kyle was conversing with someone when Coach atta Boyed his butt, and was giving his undivided attention to said person or persons.. A full, complete video, instead of a snippet would reveal more to the story, if the original poster wanted it that way. An . acknowledgment of a butt slap was or wasn't returned is what drives peoples lives??? Those folks are indeed in a good place if that is what concerns rhem...
@StandOnIt is bored.....on a week when MY Toyotas got DQ'ed.....can't figure it out.

Ford 222

Team Owner
No hugs necessary....but acknowledgement of a friendly word from your boss would be be expected. Heck, just a smile. But Kyle has earned, with all his previous actions, the assumption he's pouting in that video. Maybe not now. Seemed pretty chipper in the pre race interview about how he's going to bring up the performance of any team he drives for, IF it goes that way next season. I still don't think it will. Something will get worked out IMO.

Revman

No hugs necessary....but acknowledgement of a friendly word from your boss would be be expected. Heck, just a smile. But Kyle has earned, with all his previous actions, the assumption he's pouting in that video. Maybe not now. Seemed pretty chipper in the pre race interview about how he's going to bring up the performance of any team he drives for, IF it goes that way next season. I still don't think it will. Something will get worked out IMO.
What do you assume from this picture?

1659369165519.png

Is that a smile on Kyle's face? I think so. Maybe Coach is saying, "Kyle, we will work this out. I love you man." ....and Kyle is smiling with affection. Maybe Coach is saying, "Hey ******, if you want all of that money, go to SHR!".....and Kyle is giving him a wry grin. Which one would you and @StandOnIt like to go with?

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
He's saying, we can't use bondo anymore so they are putting some of MY TRD 200 MPH tape on over there in the garage.

Ford 222

Team Owner
What do you assume from this picture?

View attachment 64327

Is that a smile on Kyle's face? I think so. Maybe Coach is saying, "Kyle, we will work this out. I love you man." ....and Kyle is smiling with affection. Maybe Coach is saying, "Hey ******, if you want all of that money, go to SHR!".....and Kyle is giving him a wry grin. Which one would you and @StandOnIt like to go with?
That's no fun to make an assumption from?? Besides, it's a picture. Video is A LOT easier to misinterpret....

Top Bottom