Kyle Busch appreciation thread

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
It isn’t really that long ago. Kyle Busch gets the DW comparisons all the time and Kevin Harvick gets a lot of David Pearson comparisons.
I was just asking for perspective.
What’s the cutoff date?
Some people are suggesting that the last six years aren’t relevant. Most of them will tell you Jimmie is the GOAT.
My argument in my recent posts in this thread is that Kevin is better than Joey…ten years ago, six years ago, two weeks ago, all-time…Kevin beats Joey.

AuzGrams

Team Owner
What’s the cutoff date?
Some people are suggesting that the last six years aren’t relevant. Most of them will tell you Jimmie is the GOAT.
My argument in my recent posts in this thread is that Kevin is better than Joey…ten years ago, six years ago, two weeks ago, all-time…Kevin beats Joey.

Who knows what the cutoff date is, it’s hard to really distinguish that before Petty & the lack of good video and TV broadcasts besides World Wide Sports or whatever.

Blaze

#ForTheA
What’s the cutoff date?
I like the suggestion @jaqua19 Made of 3 years for currently. Which gives Kevin the edge because of 2020. Again you’re original statement was he’s currently the best Ford driver. When I see current I think “what have you done for me lately.”

like I said, Kevin still has the edge but it’s close if you just talk about what both have done the last few seasons. That’s all I’m saying. Nothing more.

AuzGrams

Team Owner
So, current driver comparisons beyond 6 years are relevant. I agree.

The overall body of work is what I take into account. Kevin Harvick & Joey Logano are very even drivers right now, but overall Kevin is better as a career.

I give Richard a free pass for the final years of ineptitude at Petty Enterprises, I feel like he was doing that for the fans.

Blaze

#ForTheA
Sure. So in terms of currently, Kevin beats Joey. Just like past trends.
Yeah but not as much as you want to claim. I mean if Kevin didn’t have 2020, he have less wins in that time than Joey. Now I’m not trying to take that away from him, but you seem to be trying to take what Joey’s done away from him.

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
Yeah but not as much as you want to claim. I mean if Kevin didn’t have 2020, he have less wins in that time than Joey. Now I’m not trying to take that away from him, but you seem to be trying to take what Joey’s done away from him.
It’s either a correct statement or not.
WTF are you claiming? I made a correct, factual statement.

Blaze

#ForTheA
The overall body of work is what I take into account. Kevin Harvick & Joey Logano are very even drivers right now, but overall Kevin is better as a career.

I give Richard a free pass for the final years of ineptitude at Petty Enterprises, I feel like he was doing that for the fans.
See this man understands what I’m saying

Blaze

#ForTheA
My position remains the same. Currently or career, Kevin is the better driver.
And I never really argued that. I just said that Joey is pretty damn close currently and always said Kevin is better overall.

Next year(after the season) Kevin won’t have 2020 to fall back on for currently(if we use the 3 season method).

AuzGrams

Team Owner
Yeah like if he races til he’s like mid to late 40s he only has to get like what 3 or 4 a year?

Joey needs to stick around for like 15 more seasons at a rate of 2 wins per season. It’s a pretty good bet either way haha. I could see Joey being that 1 win driver in a few years similar to Kurt though and that’s not enough on Harvick.

Blaze

#ForTheA
Joey needs to stick around for like 15 more seasons at a rate of 2 wins per season. It’s a pretty good bet either way haha. I could see Joey being that 1 win driver in a few years similar to Kurt though and that’s not enough on Harvick.
Which is why I think it won’t happen, but it’s possible.

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
And I never really argued that. I just said that Joey is pretty damn close currently and always said Kevin is better overall.

Next year(after the season) Kevin won’t have 2020 to fall back on for currently(if we use the 3 season method).
Oh so only 3 years matter. 😀

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
Again he’s 30. He can easily race til 45-47, and get a 3-4 wins a season. Hell he would only need 2 a season if he races 15 more years to get 30 more wins… so if one of them seasons has more than 2 it’s doable.
Let’s bet. You missed out on the Reddick money.
Your chance to make it up is upon us . 😬
Joey doesn’t get 30 more wins, $100?

Blaze

#ForTheA
Let’s bet. You missed out on the Reddick money.
Your chance to make it up is upon us . 😬
Joey doesn’t get 30 more wins, $100?
I don’t take those risk man. Anything can happen. Joey could get hurt tomorrow and never be able to race again, then I’m out 100 bucks. That’s not fair.

Top Bottom