Kyle Busch appreciation thread

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I may be misreading this, but it seems to me that in this context, Kyle is giving up a ton to go to Chevy.
yeah gave up or screwed out of it depends on your perspective. Typical factory team leveraged all of their sponsors and drivers they had under contract. I think one or two drivers came over to the old Gilliland bunch. I seriously doubt they will have the results that KBM had in the trucks anytime soon as will KBM will have going forward with Chevy. Nobody came out smelling like roses with the split. Kyle kept his core manpower it looks like so time will tell.

Revman

RIP Coy Gibbs
yeah gave up or screwed out of it depends on your perspective. Typical factory team leveraged all of their sponsors and drivers they had under contract. I think one or two drivers came over to the old Gilliland bunch. I seriously doubt they will have the results that KBM had in the trucks anytime soon as will KBM will have going forward with Chevy. Nobody came out smelling like roses with the split. Kyle kept his core manpower it looks like so time will tell.
Interesting interview with David Wilson Friday.....He said that Kyle knows what Toyota did to keep him, and that's why they part as friends. This tells me that this was a JGR thing. Additionally, I am sure you will be posting Denny's tweet soon about how nobody works together less than JGR since JD died....and that was what his tweet about missing JD was about.....Interesting times at JGR. Sometimes "for manpower" should be sacrificed for family....which has been Kyle's narrative. Bad move in this respect IMO.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Another choice. Do I hang on to Wilson's every word, a factory moke who knows where his paycheck comes from, while virtually seconds after M&M pulled out, Kyle's fate with TRD/preacher was sealed.

Revman

RIP Coy Gibbs
Another choice. Do I hang on to Wilson's every word, a factory moke who knows where his paycheck comes from, while virtually seconds after M&M pulled out, Kyle's fate with TRD/preacher was sealed.
TRD wanted Kyle. JGR didn't. No source....just my opinion.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Don't know where the Kyle people went on his last day with the JGR organization. Tough day for both Kyle and the whole JGR bunch. RIP Coy

Tumbleweed

Team Owner
I've never been his biggest fan but it just won't be the same without seeing KyBu wheeling the yellow M&M's 18 around the track next year. It will be interesting to see how he does in the RCR 8 next year. It's been a rough year for him and also for JGR and I hope he does well in the 8. BTW, he didn''t deny earlier this fall when he was asked if he asked Richard about driving the 3.

RIP Coy and condolences to the Coach, Ty and the rest of the JGR friends and family.

Revman

RIP Coy Gibbs
It just dawned on me that I was at KB's last ride in a Toyota. Didn't even register with me....didn't really pay attention to what he was doing. I guess I am a true OEM fan. Moved on. Plug and play. Bought a Bell hat. Fits nice. Easy....like Sunday morning.

Candace66

Team Owner
Have there been any sponsors announced yet for his RCR ride? I haven't seen anything, but maybe I missed something.

Top Bottom