Kyle Busch had a ride for Indianapolis 500 but wasn’t allowed to do it

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
INDIANAPOLIS — Kyle Busch said he had a deal in place to run in this year’s Indianapolis 500 before he was denied by “a boss that said no.’’

“I had it done … sold and everything, ready to go and I’ve got a boss that said no,’’ Busch said Friday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, referencing Cup car owner Joe Gibbs.

“I thought I had a great opportunity,” Busch said. “I’m kind glad it didn’t come together because (Fernando) Alonso kind of stole the headlines. There may be more in the future of guys coming over to run that race. I may have to split the limelight, if you will, with somebody else that wants to do that race.’’

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/07...-indianapolis-500-but-wasnt-allowed-to-do-it/

Was Kyle really concerned about not getting enough shine? I don't know why that surprises me, and maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he worded that terribly, but sheesh.

It's the Indy 500 dude, be grateful you get to run it instead of acting like you're doing it a favor.

“I’m kind glad it didn’t come together because (Fernando) Alonso kind of stole the headlines. I may have to split the limelight, if you will, with somebody else that wants to do that race.’’
Good lord. I'm gonna zip it. Don't wanna get slapped with a ruler, so I'm just gonna zip it.

upload_2017-7-21_16-5-43.jpeg

Not even remotely interested in watching him climb out of a Honda or Chevy when he wins the damn thing. Not even a little. Never.

Dude told it like it was then explained the reasoning.

there is no loyalty in that team. Never has been. Can't be.

Don't know about that, but I don't like this. Not even a little. Having said that, Kyle Damn Busch is now an absolute lock now to three peat Indy. He is ready. :D

Betcha I know what one of the items will be on Kyle's next contract....

Good lord. I'm gonna zip it. Don't wanna get slapped with a ruler, so I'm just gonna zip it.

View attachment 28239

Coach knew it is already tough enough with the way Goodyear has sabatoged poor Kyle all year. I still am amazed how they got him at Loudon with the random circumFrance tires to upset his timing and pit road speeds.

No need to give Firestone a chance to do more of the same to poor ole Kyle Busch.

Just reading Kyle's comments first off I think he was being sarcastic and even making fun of himself a bit with the spotlight comments in regards to Alonso. And when he says Boss didn't let him run everyone assumes it was Gibbs. I think Kyle means it was Samantha wouldn't let him run it and he was just being sarcastic about it. I like Kyle I get his humor and his anger when things don't go well for him ( it cracks me up really)I just wish he drove for someone else and in a Chevy.

So it was his wife who said no.

"Figure it out" "I got two bosses, one's a male, one's a female". There it is

Came across as a whiner to me. Had to be Gibbs. If he's been married longer than a year he should know it's far better to beg forgiveness than ask permission..:) Damn skippy BTDT many times. Ever tell ya about the time I bought a boat, a 27 footer?

Busch said. “I’m kind glad it didn’t come together because (Fernando) Alonso kind of stole the headlines. There may be more in the future of guys coming over to run that race. I may have to split the limelight,

Kyle is so full of himself.

All he cares about is being the star and out staging people. Too bad he cant do it where he runs.

Poor Kyle. I don't blame his boss, whoever it is. He's so fragile. His spindly little legs didn't make it through a wreck at Daytona, imagine what would happen at Indy in one of those cars? Then, when things don't go his way there, he has to race again that night and that poor team would have to put up with his hissy fits? No way, wouldn't let him do it either. Not worth the headaches.

So if he wasn't in a Toyota you wouldn't like Kyle?

Wouldn't dislike him, but I have gone on record saying that Kyle in something other than a Toyota would be another guy my TRD powered Camrys would need to beat. I absolutely DO NOT want to see Kyle drinking milk on the roll hoop of a Honda or Chevy while under contract to Toyota. JUST NO.

Wouldn't dislike him, but I have gone on record saying that Kyle in something other than a Toyota would be another guy my TRD powered Camrys would need to beat. I absolutely DO NOT want to see Kyle drinking milk on the roll hoop of a Honda or Chevy while under contract to Toyota. JUST NO.
Well I guess they still are manufacturers fans. I cheer more for drivers than I do make of cars. But to each their own I guess.

Poor Kyle. I don't blame his boss, whoever it is. He's so fragile. His spindly little legs didn't make it through a wreck at Daytona, imagine what would happen at Indy in one of those cars? Then, when things don't go his way there, he has to race again that night and that poor team would have to put up with his hissy fits? No way, wouldn't let him do it either. Not worth the headaches.

And it was such a minor little wreck at Daytona ..... anybody else would have just kept racing like nothing ever happened :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Brads chin couldn't take a little poke at texas

Shouldn't have to worry he's get a pit road penalty and lose then blame the firestones or whatever it is Indy cars use.

Back
Top Bottom