Kyle Busch - Nascar's next great?

jaqua19

Team Owner
https://beyondtheflag.com/2016/03/15/nascar-like-it-or-not-kyle-busch-is-a-nascar-legend/

Check out this article from earlier in the year. Thoughts?

Personally, I think he's reaching for straws and is using confirmation bias in the form of numbers to support an argument.

However he will be a legend in the sport due to his character, longevity, personality and polarizing effect on the fans. All that, as the foundation of what I believe will be a two, maybe three time champion with 60+wins makes for a modern/inevitable all time great, like Tony Stewart.

While I don't see him the same level as guys like Dale, Gordon and Petty; or even Cale or DW, he's still an all time great.

https://beyondtheflag.com/2016/03/15/nascar-like-it-or-not-kyle-busch-is-a-nascar-legend/

Check out this article from earlier in the year. Thoughts?

Personally, I think he's reaching for straws and is using confirmation bias in the form of numbers to support an argument.

However he will be a legend in the sport due to his character, longevity, personality and polarizing effect on the fans. All that, as the foundation of what I believe will be a two, maybe three time champion with 60+wins makes for a modern/inevitable all time great, like Tony Stewart.

While I don't see him the same level as guys like Dale, Gordon and Petty; or even Cale or DW, he's still an all time great.

He is, there is no denying it.

Easily one of the best drivers of the past ten years and continues to rack up stats, like it or not Kyle Busch is easily a top 5 driver of the past decade. From his time at HMS to now with JGR, he's won and has won a lot. Proven he is a champion, like it or not, and has brought (helped) Toyota to prominence. To think Kyle is only what 31-32 years old? He has plenty of years left over to win more and do even more for years to come. Honestly, I like Kurt just as much as Kyle, but hey Kyle has been doing it all for the entirety of his career. We hate, bitch, moan, groan about Kyle and he lets us as fans know it and honestly does not give a ****.

Thats what people love about him, no ***** given and **** your feelings type of deal. I'm going to win in everything.

Kyle is one of the current best. I think he and Keselowski are the two best on the circuit right now, even better than Harvick. Nobody touches Brad on the restrictor plates.

Kyle is one of the current best. I think he and Keselowski are the two best on the circuit right now, even better than Harvick. Nobody touches Brad on the restrictor plates.

Agree 100%.

Kyle and Brad are the two best drivers in the sport right now. Jimmie, Kevin and Joey are right behind them.

I don't put a whole lot of weight on the Xfinity and Truck wins but 38 wins and a championship in Cup is enough to count him among the all-time greats, and he's only 31 so he'll be winning for years to come.
This is a sound response. Agreed.

All time wins list combining all eras and all series is very deceiving if you ask me. For example, Jimmie Johnson with his 6 championships and 78 CUP wins is not on the list.

I don't put a whole lot of weight on the Xfinity and Truck wins but 38 wins and a championship in Cup is enough to count him among the all-time greats, and he's only 31 so he'll be winning for years to come.
Agreed.

Stopped reading when they mentioned Kyle's Xfinity and Truck wins.

I'm still waiting for Kyle to have one dominant season in Cup, just one.

I didn't click the link as I figured it would talk about his participation in the lower series.

He likes to race and he is good at it. He is one of the best of the current crop of drivers but I'll wait until later in his career to see how great he is. His body of work will be compared to Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson.

IDK where Shrub will slot in with the all time greats but he won't be breathing the same air as Dale, Cale, Bobby, Darrell, David, Jeff and Jimmie. He should slot in somewhere in the Rusty Wallace/Tony Stewart range which is still nothing to sneeze at.

He is, there is no denying it.

Easily one of the best drivers of the past ten years and continues to rack up stats, like it or not Kyle Busch is easily a top 5 driver of the past decade. From his time at HMS to now with JGR, he's won and has won a lot. Proven he is a champion, like it or not, and has brought (helped) Toyota to prominence. To think Kyle is only what 31-32 years old? He has plenty of years left over to win more and do even more for years to come. Honestly, I like Kurt just as much as Kyle, but hey Kyle has been doing it all for the entirety of his career. We hate, bitch, moan, groan about Kyle and he lets us as fans know it and honestly does not give a ****.

Thats what people love about him, no ***** given and **** your feelings type of deal. I'm going to win in everything.

Always thought he was more talented and would be more successful than his brother.

As far as his attitude, he appeals to a specific group, a sample, like all drivers do. However, Kyle is such an entertaining driver and person.

Is he still an child on the inside? Of course he is, but he's a fun driver to hate on (which I sometimes do) even if you like him ,(which I do)

A friend of mine and I cracked up watching a compilation of him. All of this, and he's insanely talented and will have all time great stats.

I think there have been better Nascar driver
but Kyle Busch, in my opinion is the best/ most entertaining product produced by NASCAR in the last 20 years. His less admirable qualities are amplified by his success, and he seems like actually a pretty chill guy. It's hilarious and he's great

IDK where Shrub will slot in with the all time greats but he won't be breathing the same air as Dale, Cale, Bobby, Darrell, David, Jeff and Jimmie. He should slot in somewhere in the Rusty Wallace/Tony Stewart range which is still nothing to sneeze at.

This is what I think as well. It's a joke to use lower series, I was more curious as to how everyone think's his career will stack up to that of other drivers

This is what I think as well. It's a joke to use lower series, I was more curious as to how everyone think's his career will stack up to that of other drivers

Shrub is a very talented driver but I think he will run out of time before he can reach the very top of the list. I think he is a horsesass but to deny his abilities is to deny reality.

If you think Richard Petty would get 200 wins against the current top 10 drivers of today, you're fooling yourself.
You cannot compare eras, too much has changed.

I never compared different eras. Petty dominated his own era, as legends do. Kyle hasn't and isn't.

Kyle had the fastest time in qualifying today but they didn't give him the pole award . Conspiracy !

It is a stupid article, but just consider the source... Beyond The Flag. It is an egregious fallacy to combine wins from cup, Xfinity, and trucks and compare that total to the cup-oriented competitors, but that is exactly what the guy did.

Is Dick Trickle six times as great as Richard Petty? Trickle had over 1,200 wins, so I guess he was. Steve Kinser had 577 wins in just one major series. Richie Evans had more than 480 wins. Fred Rahmer 420. Jerry Cook 342. Sammy Swindell 294 just counting WOO. And numerous others.

Kyle Busch is a great driver, one of the elite drivers of his era. He has a long, long way to go to compare with Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon. But he could have a decade ahead of him, so it will be interesting to see versus a few other elite drivers with substantial time ahead (such as Kez and Logano). And there are always new guys emerging to challenge the veterans.

Will be the winningest Toyota driver for a very long time. "Brought."

Wait until young Erik Jones gets in one of them there Vissermobiles as catching Kyle (38 current wins) may not take as long as you think. Kyle has averaged just under 3.5 wins in the last 8 years so it is possible that Jones could start winning more races each year than Kyle in the near future and he has likely got many years in which to close the gap and pull ahead.

None of is can predict the future (other than to say Auston Matthews will play well against the B's tonight) because we are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Some vanish sooner than others.

None of is can predict the future (other than to say Auston Matthews will play well against the B's tonight) because we are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Some vanish sooner than others.
Your Leafs are one loss closer to another first round draft pick . Tonight they may be two losses closer . Chin up there is another pot of gold out there

Your Leafs are one loss closer to another first round draft pick . Tonight they may be two losses closer . Chin up there is another pot of gold out there

Last year was a throwaway year and for all intents and purposes this one is too and if their new goalie continues to do his impersonation of a sieve they will do worse than last year. I think they have 25 million to spend at the end of this season so in a year's time things will start in earnest.

Reactions: Bob
I am giving you a like because you know that "intents and purposes" is the phrase and not "intensive purposes." Keep hope alive.

They made the B's look like they were skating in cement last night and Chara looked like a pylon!

Back
Top Bottom