Starts: 470

Jimmie Johnson (through 2009 season)
Championships: 4
Wins: 47
Top 5: 117
Top 10: 180
Poles: 23
Starts: 291

Kyle Busch is one heck of a driver. Just to give you a perspective of what Kyle could accomplish moving forward given how young he still is.

Last edited:
Crazy how young Kyle still is given the amount of starts he has vs Johnson at the same age.

Kyle is a wheelman extraordinaire and hopefully will be able to drive at a high level for sometime if for no other reason than to piss they old people off. BTW I am an old person but he is good in my book.

Using the time frame:

Jimmie Johnson win percentage 16.15
Jimmie Johnson produces a championship every 72.75 races.

Kyle Busch win percentage 9.57
Kyle Busch produces a championship every 470 races.

Aside from Kyle crusaders singing but he is the bestest talent ever. And acting like a idiot much more there isn't much of a comparison.
Kyle is definitely inferior to Jimmie.

Kyle Busch
Championships: 1
Wins: 45
Top 5: 167
Top 10: 248
Poles: 29

Jimmie Johnson (through 2009 season)
Championships: 4
Wins: 47
Top 5: 117
Top 10: 180
Poles: 23
Starts: 291

Kyle Busch is one heck of a driver. Just to give you a perspective of what Kyle could accomplish moving forward given how young he still is.

Kyle has a lot of race winnings ahead of him and these stats are a good sign. However, Jimmie was in only his 8th season at age 33, Kyle, in his 14th.

So, if we give them both 14 seasons

Kyle Busch

Jimmie Johnson
Championships: 6
Wins: 75
Top 5: 207
Top 10: 314
Poles: 34
Starts: 507

Or, if we ignore Jimmie's seasons prior to race Kyle (2002-2004..only 3)
And look at them head to head

Kyle Busch

Jimmie Johnson
Championships: 7
Wins: 69
Top 5s: 183
Top 10s: 269
Poles: 28
Starts: 479

Kyle Busch is creating his own legacy as a top 10 driver more than likely.

But head up with Jimmie Johnson both statistically, and on the track, he's outclassed significantly.

Kyle is a great but the opportunity for him to be on Jimmie's tier has long passed.

Im not sure anyone declines to say that Kyle is one if the best in the sport to pilot a car.

I think his immaturity, temper and over-aggressiveness got the best of him in his early career.

Am excited to see how he performs for the next 10 or so years with the new crop getting stronger.

Using the time frame:

Jimmie Johnson win percentage 16.15
Jimmie Johnson produces a championship every 72.75 races.

Kyle Busch win percentage 9.57
Kyle Busch produces a championship every 470 races.

Aside from Kyle crusaders singing but he is the bestest talent ever. And acting like a idiot much more there isn't much of a comparison.
Kyle is definitely inferior to Jimmie.

It takes more than just talent to win races.

And honestly, Kyle's probably screwed himself out of a lot of wins and even championships mentally. He's been on a different level since that crash a few years ago. I think that put things in perspective for him.

Talent wise, Kyle's the best, hands down. Jimmie Johnson is the full package though -- talented, mature, focused, smooth. He's like Scott Dixon in IndyCar. Kyle's the polar opposite. Jimmie's focused on Cup championships, Kyle's focus is winning races, as many as possible.

Kyle has a lot of race winnings ahead of him and these stats are a good sign. However, Jimmie was in only his 8th season at age 33, Kyle, in his 14th.

Kyle Busch

Jimmie Johnson

Kyle Busch

Jimmie Johnson

But head up with Jimmie Johnson both statistically, and on the track, he's outclassed significantly.

Kyle is a great but the opportunity for him to be on Jimmie's tier has long passed.

I'm glad you pointed that out instead of me, I did see it at first glance, the win/start/championship ratio there is no comparison. I'm sure both will be in the hall of fame, but JJ will be (already is) much higher ranked.

When getting these stats I was hoping I'd stumble onto something, and somewhat did with the wins. I didn't take into account that Kyle started at a much younger age though.

Not trying to say that Kyle is in the same tier as Jimmie, but when it's all said and done he might enter the conversation if he keeps it up. A couple more championships isn't out of the question. Johnson won his 7th at age , 40?

Kyle's gonna get 201+ wins. And before the detractors comment, I think Kyle's XFINITY and Truck wins count. Richard Petty won a lot of 100 lap races against 12 car fields. Busch is winning against quality fields.
count what ya want, he don't have 6 in the big league.

And honestly, Kyle's probably screwed himself out of a lot of wins and even championships mentally. He's been on a different level since that crash a few years ago. I think that put things in perspective for him.

Talent wise, Kyle's the best, hands down. Jimmie Johnson is the full package though -- talented, mature, focused, smooth. He's like Scott Dixon in IndyCar. Kyle's the polar opposite. Jimmie's focused on Cup championships, Kyle's focus is winning races, as many as possible.

Doesnt maturity, focus, smooth, and execution all count towards talent of being a race car driver?

Kyle is a wheel man, but all things considered, when it comes to sprint cup cars, Jimmie Johnson is and has historically been a better race car driver than Kyle Busch. He's just a better driver. Has been more clutch, better at executing, better at finding that extra 2 tenths for those final 25 laps by maximizing apex corner speed. How many races has he taken the dominant car to school, with a 5th place car by being Jimmie Johnson? How many times has he outdriven Kevin Harvick after he's put together a 4 car clinic?

Remember 2015 Texas, Brad K leads over 300 laps and Jimmie beats Him? Remember people here saying that if it were ANY other driver, Brad wins that race?

Kyle is raw talent. But thats not all it takes to be a good race car driver. Jimmie Johnson is just better

Kyle is weaker mentally than Jimmie and it only takes a fraction of second to throw it away.
Emotional maturity is part of the skill set.

When getting these stats I was hoping I'd stumble onto something, and somewhat did with the wins. I didn't take into account that Kyle started at a much younger age though.

Not trying to say that Kyle is in the same tier as Jimmie, but when it's all said and done he might enter the conversation if he keeps it up. A couple more championships isn't out of the question. Johnson won his 7th at age , 40?

When you spend 14 seasons getting dominated statistically by your competitor, its hard to put them in the same convo

Kyle Busch

Jimmie Johnson

Kyle Busch

Jimmie Johnson

All of these stats are great ........ but the cup series is not the only series in Nascar. Johnson won 1 Xfinity race and probably zero truck races. Johnson has probably watched Kyle win 150 races on the tv in his motorhome

since 2013 his average finish in cup isn't as good as Harvick's is. But go ahead, he is a GOAT. SMH

Doesnt maturity, focus, smooth, and execution all count towards talent of being a race car driver?

Kyle is a wheel man, but all things considered, when it comes to sprint cup cars, Jimmie Johnson is and has historically been a better race car driver than Kyle Busch. He's just a better driver. Has been more clutch, better at executing, better at finding that extra 2 tenths for those final 25 laps by maximizing apex corner speed. How many races has he taken the dominant car to school, with a 5th place car by being Jimmie Johnson? How many times has he outdriven Kevin Harvick after he's put together a 4 car clinic?

Remember 2015 Texas, Brad K leads over 300 laps and Jimmie beats Him? Remember people here saying that if it were ANY other driver, Brad wins that race?

Kyle is raw talent. But thats not all it takes to be a good race car driver. Jimmie Johnson is just better

But, again, I think Kyle's focus is more about winning 201 races than winning the championships. Not saying he doesn't want to win championships. I think he would be happy if he only won one championship but ended up winning 250 races.

I've said before and I'll say it again, if Kyle Busch didn't run XFINITY and Trucks, didn't focus on running a Truck team, didn't focus on running a Super Late Model team, didn't run Super Late Models often, and put all his effort into winning Cup races and championships, he'd already have five championships.

There are also so many other variables - cars, teams, crew chiefs, etc.

I think Jimmie and Kyle are both GOATs, using different metrics.

Kyle's main competition now is Truex(journeyman with a 1.5 mile program) and Harvick, who is close to being past it.

That is going to change soon. One of these 20 somethings is going to actually do something in this series before too long. Larson has shown hints, but I don't think he has half the equipment Busch does. Ryan Blaney is closing the gap this year as well.

But, again, I think Kyle's focus is more about winning 201 races than winning the championships. Not saying he doesn't want to win championships. I think he would be happy if he only won one championship but ended up winning 250 races.

I've said before and I'll say it again, if Kyle Busch didn't run XFINITY and Trucks, didn't focus on running a Truck team, didn't focus on running a Super Late Model team, didn't run Super Late Models often, and put all his effort into winning Cup races and championships, he'd already have five championships.

I think Jimmie and Kyle are both GOATs, using different metrics.

so you think Nascar is so happy they have limited his bullying in a factory car and a factory truck team that he can't afford without the factory supporting him in the little leagues..But your happy with it..right? You on the hall of fame committee? Or his fan club :booya:

since 2013 his average finish in cup isn't as good as Harvick's is. But go ahead, he is a GOAT. SMH
I think Harvick is as good if not better, he won the title immediately after getting a quality ride.
I see a lot more similarities between Harvick and Kyle, than Kyle and Jimmie.
The first two are comparable, Jimmie is definitely a grade above either one.
His maturity is better than the two hot heads as well.

Kyle's main competition now is Truex(journeyman with a 1.5 mile program) and Harvick, who is close to being past it.

That is going to change soon. One of these 20 somethings is going to actually do something in this series before too long. Larson has shown hints, but I don't think he has half the equipment Busch does. Ryan Blaney is closing the gap this year as well.

Erik Jones is a beast as well. Bubba Wallace has been mighty impressive in that 43 car.

I think Harvick is as good if not better, he won the title immediately after getting a quality ride.
I see a lot more similarities between Harvick and Kyle, than Kyle and Jimmie.
The first two are comparable, Jimmie is definitely a grade above either one.
His maturity is better than the two hot heads as well.

But, when it came down to Kyle vs. Harvick for a championship, Kyle won straight up.

so you think Nascar is so happy they have limited his bullying in a factory car and a factory truck team that he can't afford without the factory supporting him in the little leagues..But your happy with it..right? You on the hall of fame committee? Or his fan club :booya:

Bullying? LOL. Go drink some more Haterade.

But, when it came down to Kyle vs. Harvick for a championship, Kyle won straight up.
Races consist of at least 36 to 37 cars, Kyle competed in 2014 and lost to Harvick. Harvick owes him no apologies for not making it to the Homestead finale.
Much better than the lame ass waiver France gifted Kyle with in 2015.

The best equipment is traditionally handed out to the best drivers

Races consist of at least 36 to 37 cars, Kyle competed in 2014 and lost to Harvick. Harvick owes him no apologies for not making it to the Homestead finale.
Much better than the lame ass waiver France gifted Kyle with in 2015.

I still, to this day, am opposed to that waiver. But when it was all on the line, Busch won.

I too agree with this. But staying on topic,

Do you really think if it came down to Kyle vs Jimmie (in his prime, mid 30s), Kyle really beats him, strait up for a championship at Homestead?

Back
Top Bottom