Kyle Larson's Weekly Schedule

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
205141395_4598805510147648_4210677622582589237_n.jpg

Gotta say....4 months ago I would have bet money that Larson would win no more than 1 race this year. It is pretty cool to see some domination but the points system is mitigating a lot of the enjoyment. Plus I feel that other drivers are sandbagging until the *cue Jeff Burton* PLAYOFFS

PA Speedweeks starts Friday night. Close to Pocono.

This guy will be there...

Larson doesn't put out a schedule, much to the chagrin of track promoters. But, he has 3 confirmed races next week with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series at Cherokee Speedway on July 8 and at Smoky Mountain Speedway on July 9 & 10.

I like how KyBu is vilified for taking candy from the kids in lower the lower series, but Larson is celebrated as a "man of the people" for doing the same.

(Not pretending that both aren't insanely talented. Just stirring the pot a bit)

I like how KyBu is vilified for taking candy from the kids in lower the lower series, but Larson is celebrated as a "man of the people" for doing the same.

(Not pretending that both aren't insanely talented. Just stirring the pot a bit)
Kyle Busch isn’t entering another racing series with totally different skills than what is takes to drive a stock car against the best that series has to offer.

Lower and lower series ;)

I don't think many of us would have an issue with KDB trying to make a WOO sprint car race main. It's more like a baseball player attempting to play tennis. Both involve a ball and something to strike it, but very different sports.

I would compare Kyle Larson most to Shohei Ohtani. Just stuff we really haven't seen in the modern era, a guy who's racing local tracks M-F and dominating the NASCAR circuit on the weekend is insane.

Read that last sentence again. ;)

I agree with you all. Just felt punchy this morning. My guy has had a rough, rough stretch and I need to get my kicks somehow.

I want to try and branch out to dirt in iRacing, but after trying trucks and Cup at Bristol, no way. I have ZERO clue how to drive them and it seems so intuitive to countersteer and modulate throttle. I'd love to try sprints.

Oh dear....We have been here before....Board launches on you in 3-2-1.....

I want to try and branch out to dirt in iRacing, but after trying trucks and Cup at Bristol, no way. I have ZERO clue how to drive them and it seems so intuitive to countersteer and modulate throttle. I'd love to try sprints.
It takes a while to get used to driving off the right rear.

Completely contrary to a stock car on asphalt.

Kyle Busch isn’t entering another racing series with totally different skills than what is takes to drive a stock car against the best that series has to offer.

Shh... let them pretend that these big dirt races aren't the major leagues of the dirt racing discipline.

Corner entry is what I can't figure out. How to pitch it in to start the drift...
The stock cars love to push on the dirt. Keep it matted to the floor till you've already turned in.

The purpose built dirt cars drive almost nothing like them.

Worth thinking a bit about - would Larson ever see this kind of dominance had he not been suspended and picked up by Hendrick?

He was going to be signed by Hendrick for the 48 anyway. The only thing his suspension did was give Hendrick leverage over the contract (cost Larson a ton of salary). This has been mentioned on Door Bumper Clear multiple times. You could argue that, at the time, SHR was talking to him as well and that could have been huge but then their performace fell off the map with the whole wheel well thing.

Wasn't it Ford that said no to Larson? I didn't think SHR had any chance due to that.

In real racing, the first lap I ever took on any oval (dirt) was a qualifying lap because I didn't get to the track in time to practice. To me driving on dirt was the most natural thing in the world, maybe because I grew up in the snow belt, who knows? I always liked and felt more comfortable on dirt, I miss those sensations. BTW, I qualified in the top 10 that first time.

F***, I didnt realize he was racing Tuesday night at Grandview. That track is literally 10 minutes from me. Shame on me lol.

F***, I didnt realize he was racing Tuesday night at Grandview. That track is literally 10 minutes from me. Shame on me lol.
You're lucky to live that close to Grandview. I love the racing at that place. I go to the Freedom 76 modified race there about every other year, and I've been to the PA speedweek race before. Larson has that track figured out.

Ok, splain this statement.
I think most were speculating that once his CGR contract expired HMS was going to go after him hard. I suspect Tony would've made a push for him as well at SHR. Larson's incident kinda removed them from ever being an option with how it ended up playing out though.

Ok, splain this statement.
On DBC last year Brett Griffin said during midsummer silly season rumors that there was a "secret meeting" at HMS and it was a done deal that would be huge. This was during speculation of who would take Jimmie's ride over. This year he confirmed that he was talking about Larson. The iRacing "incident" happened, and all suitors except Mr. H backed away. This allowed Hendrick to sign Larson for pennies on the dollar. Next contract will be interesting. Griffin said the slur incident literally cost Larson millions.

What really happened: when Larson went hard "R" on a hot mic being broadcast, he lowered his market value to the point that Rick didn't have to sell any of his Corvettes to sign him.

Back
Top Bottom