Lack of Support

H

HappyHour

OK,, obviously I'm one of the biggest Bobby Labonte fans around, however, I'm a bit miffed at his lack of appearance at the awards tonight. Is he snowed in at Charlotte..... It's not like Joe Gibbs to just let an intrical player drift off escpecially since Bobby helped recruit Tony.... Has anyone heard anything??/??

I like Bobby too, he might have been there. It's just that the cameraman was too busy focussing on just certain drivers.

Nope! Its not hard to figure out that Tony & Bobby don't hang away from the track! :p

Yeah right, Bobby's usually the first guy in Tony's hauler. 711 this obsession of yours is certainly amazing.:p

Happy Hour- I really doubt he was snubbed. I mean they showed Jimmy Makar a few times.

Last I heard, Joe was to bring EVERYBODY that worked for him up, but many couldn't make it due to the storm. He was mentioned by name by Gibbs, Zippy & Tony:)

I bet Bobby was there. I didn't see Dale Junior, either. The guys that finish out of the top 10 usually don't get their faces on camera --- even if they are present.

Obsession? huh? Tony's a good driver, he just whines like a sixth grade school girl. Bobby is a class act, & has never done 1% of the crap Toni has!! It would suprise me, if they were buddies.

Yes obsession or jealousy whatever you want to call it. You've had 20 posts here, all whining about Tony Stewart NASCAR champion. And you obviously know very little about either driver. :rolleyes:

It takes alot of guts to insult me over the computer!LMAO!! Face to face it would never happen huh Paula!!

Bobby Labonte might have been there, but i doubt it would have really been publicized since Tony Stewart was the one there that won the championship and Bobby fell out of the top 10. Or maybe he just didn't go at all, maybe he did want to. It doesn't really matter, I'm sure Bobby will have another chance to give a speech in front of that podium.

Like the rest of you, I did notice that Bobby wasn't shown. Also, like the rest of you, I didn't see anyone else who wasn't in the top ten either. However, I did see Childress a time or two.

I didn't get to see the show. I don't think with Bobby not in the top 10. They wouldn't show him much if any. Even if he was there.

The show sucked in my opinion, but oh well.... time for 2003!!

I'll give Tony credit. He made a heck of a speech at the banquet. He said all the right things, apologized for the kiddy crap,& overall did what he had to do. Hopefully he can hold his temper, & tongue next year.If that happens, we won't even remember all his actions of the last couple years by this time next year. Driving is not his problem, acting like a responsible adult is.Good luck Tony!

Watching the live vidio feed on Nascar.com prior to the ceremony. They mentioned that Junior would not be attending and did not give a reason. I can't remember if they showed Bobby then either. Like the show itself, they primarily focused on the top 10. The only one I remember them speaking to out of the top 10 was Ricky Craven.

They didn't show anyone out of the top ten from what I saw. Bobby might very well have been there. Joe G did a great job of thanking Bobby for what he has done this season as far as I am concerned.
I am not a big Tony fan but I think he did a great job also.

Back
Top Bottom