Lady Racers OVC Champs!!

Lap3Forever

Staff member
Last night the Murray Sate Lady Racers won their 1st EVER OVC reg. season Championship. They won their 1st even OVC tourny championship last year.

The Lady Racers are ranked very high in the NCAA in just about all team rankings and even inv. player status.

Also look at some of the awards the girls are up for. I think the girls will do well in the NCAA or NIT were ever they go. Their will never been suck a grate group of girls like the ones we have seen over the last few years. For these girls i wish the WNBA was doing well, because they are outstanding players and would do very well.

http://www.goracers.com/ViewArticle...B_OEM_ID=6700&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

2008-09 Women's Basketball All-American Candidates - Ashley Hayes and Amber Guffey

Murray State women's basketball seniors Ashley Hayes and Amber Guffey have had outstanding careers for the Racers, with each earning a starting position during their freshman campaigns. The duo is currently ranked in several categories in the NCAA statistics and they are leading the Ohio Valley Conference in scoring with over 20 points per game each. Both student-athletes are ranked in the top six on Murray State's career points column and continue to push there way to the top three. Ashley Hayes and Amber Guffey have been rewriting the Racer record books since their first season with Murray State and will finish their senior seasons in the top-10 list of almost every statistical category at Murray State.

Ashley Hayes All-American Flyer

Hayes Joins Guffey on Naismith Trophy Watch List

Hayes Pushes Racers Past Tigers with Record Setting 46 Points

Hayes Earns Third-Straight OVC Player of the Week Honor

MSU Basketball Picked Second In OVC Women's Preseason Poll - Ashley Hayes Named Preseason Player of the Year

Amber Guffey All-American Flyer

Amber Guffey Named ESPN The Magazine Academic All-America of the Year

Guffey Sisters Named to ESPN The Magazine Academic All- District 4 First Team

Amber Guffey Joins Elite Group On 2008-09 Naismith Trophy Watch List

Amber Guffey Among Two OVC Candidates' for Lowe's Senior CLASS Award

Amber Guffey Recognized as OVC Scholar-Athlete

Looks like a strong team. Does the Conference Champion get an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. Otherwise it may be difficult for them looking at their schedule and the fact they lost by a large score to Florida State, mind you though, Florida State is a tough team.

I would like to see them in the NCAA's. It is fun watching a team with some great players against the likes of U-Conn, UNC, Duke, TENN, etc. Makes for interesting games and that is what it is all about. Remember last year when Stephen Curry took Davidson on a tear.

The way I last saw it explaned it that the winner of the OVC EEG season gets an NIT bid to get an NCAA bid you got to win the tourny. The guys and gals bids work differntaly and it can be confusing.

Last season the ladys won their 1st ovc tourny. Played Dule in 1st round, lost, next thing their 1st year coach packs up and heads to a new school. I think this years seniors gave seen 3-4 head coachs. They get a taste of success and move some where else.

The guys have got to win the tourny to go to the dance. They have the #3 seed in the ovc tired for 2ndvwith Austin Peay. Will play tenn state Tuesday night. Girls #1 seed will play jacsonville state.

Tonight both the men and ladys won their 1st round games and will go to nashville for the semis! Goooo Racers!!

Back
Top Bottom