Larson or Austin?

Which has the better career in the future?

• Austin Dillon

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Kyle Larson

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

Tennessee Racing

Formerly Stewart Fan
Take out your crystal ball and make a prediction. Who makes it to cup and has the best career over the next 5-8 years?

Tough one. Larson's the better wheelman hands down but Austin Dillon is guaranteed a top-tier Cup ride. It's unlikely, but possible, that Larson doesn't get to Cup or get a top-tier ride. IF Larson gets a good ride, I'd have to say Larson hands down. But if he doesn't get a Hendrick/Roush/JGR/RCR ride, it'll be Austin Dillon.

Larson. He'll make some noise in EGR equipment, which is a lot better now than it was in recent years, and the big teams will notice him. That and his heck of a lot of talent will go a long way.

I don't know who'll do better and understand that there's a lot of hype, but think that many of these young drivers could make for some good racing in the years to come :)

I voted for Dillon as I've seen him be patient and smart during some of his cup races and that, IMO, is the sign of a good driver. I'm not saying that Larson isn't all those things as well but I just haven't seen it - yet;)

Larson has more raw talent.
RCR gets Dillion to cup, but over the long haul it will ability that keeps him there.

No contest Larson imo

Austin Dillon. He's simply put, a better overall driver. Larson has flashes of brilliance, but he's not as consistently good as Dillon. Of course, Larson will learn, but until he does I say Austin Dillon.

Larson has more raw talent.
RCR gets Dillion to cup, but over the long haul it will ability that keeps him there.

No contest Larson imo

I agree. This kid can drive anything and he's a hell of wheelman. I think Dillon is good, but when Larson figures out what he needs in a stock car, look out. He's gonna be tough to beat.

I'm deferring judgement until I see Dillon take a winged or non-winged 410 sprint car from the back of the pack and pull of a top 2 finish.

Hard to judge but Larson gets my vote. Kid can drive anything u give him and he's amrt as hell.. I love watching him race, sits around the top 10-15 for the first half to learn the track and adjust. But alost every weekend he's there at the end finishing ahead of his average running position. When he beat Joey at Rockingham and almost beat Kyle at Bristol I became a fan. Dillon... never really liked him.. I think he'll become a top 20 driver for a few years before getting to Larsons level.

We got a little taste of what's to come between these two. I think they both will be top dogs in Cup years down the road.

I'm looking forward to watching them both, they have talent and they are right where they are supposed to be. They are both race car drivers and not rich celebrities stinking up the show.

I'm in Larson's corner. Not taking anything away from the Dillon's but that's the kid I'm putting my money on in the future. Ill buy a shirt, screw it.

I'm deferring judgement until I see Dillon take a winged or non-winged 410 sprint car from the back of the pack and pull of a top 2 finish.

Yeah right. That truck was harder to drive than a winged, non winged, or a queer steer late model. he put it on the ringers tonight, not counting what, 4 time dirt champion Larson. That should be your sign right there.

hope both become top tier equals......an give fans a good rivalry ! like last nite !

Yeah right. That truck was harder to drive than a winged, non winged, or a queer steer late model. he put it on the ringers tonight, not counting what, 4 time dirt champion Larson. That should be your sign right there.
Really. And you know this how? Ever sat in a 1200 pound car with a 900 HP motor? And trucks are a lot more forgiving, you can bounce the truck off someone else and keep on going. And while impressive, Austine probably had more time on a truck in the dirt than most of the other drivers combined.

Really. And you know this how? Ever sat in a 1200 pound car with a 900 HP motor? And trucks are a lot more forgiving, you can bounce the truck off someone else and keep on going. And while impressive, Austine probably had more time on a truck in the dirt than most of the other drivers combined.
Yeah I remember seeing him testing there a while ago. Not sure who else was there but he definitely had more track time in the truck than most.

I'm looking forward to watching them both, they have talent and they are right where they are supposed to be. They are both race car drivers and not rich celebrities stinking up the show.
BS. Dillon has the grandson of Richard Childress.

Doesn't have much to do with how hard they were to drive. 15 year olds drive sprint cars. I watched Shane Stewart and Andy Hillenberg do that years ago. Coming from 16th place and passing and beating dirt track experts and beating one of the hottest dirt track drivers, Larson required skill. Not going to get into the current stuff they use to run dirt with, but suffice to say, I have seen much better racing with less horsepower and speed..they don't impress me. I quit going to watch sprint cars years ago. I watch mini street stocks and the midgets at the Chili bowl when I can snag tickets. Like I have said before, if you want to have a good race, about the only thing with a frame under it anymore is a truck. get your piece out of the junkyard, soup it up and run it. Eldora proved my theory.

Doesn't have much to do with how hard they were to drive. 15 year olds drive sprint cars. I watched Shane Stewart and Andy Hillenberg do that years ago. Coming from 16th place and passing and beating dirt track experts and beating one of the hottest dirt track drivers, Larson required skill. Not going to get into the current stuff they use to run dirt with, but suffice to say, I have seen much better racing with less horsepower and speed..they don't impress me. I quit going to watch sprint cars years ago. I watch mini street stocks and the midgets at the Chili bowl when I can snag tickets. Like I have said before, if you want to have a good race, about the only thing with a frame under it anymore is a truck. get your piece out of the junkyard, soup it up and run it. Eldora proved my theory.

Contradict much? And, 15 year olds drive heavy stock cars too (see the K&N series for proof), so what's your point? Look, I didn't say it wasn't an impressive drive, but he's also got 53 truck starts as opposed to Larson's 6, as well as a LOT of dirt experience to begin with, best of both worlds.

So what I'm saying is, time will tell. And I would like to see Dillon step out of his comfort zone and drive (and adjust) to something he's completely unfamiliar with.

well your deal was that until you saw Austin drive a 410 sprint car, you weren't impressed with his win. Like they were super hard to drive. 15 year olds drive 410's. Beating the competition at Eldora from 16th place is my point. They all had plenty of practice time to get their truck right IMO. Tony saw to that.

Looks like the future champion couldn't keep up with teh big boys today.

Back
Top Bottom