Larson ROY

DaBiff1618

Team Owner
Congrats to Kyle Larson on winning the ROY, he was a bridesmaid a lot this year but he still had a great rookie season. I can't wait to watch this kid continue to improve

most impressive rookie

Austin Dillion kept him honest or he would have had a lock from Daytona on, but still a no contest vote. He had a few rookie moments on first run tracks, but by the second time around he wasn't making any more mistakes the guys that had been racing for years. I think the third time around on the tracks next year, he will be able to work on the finer points and get more speed and handling out of the car.

Congrats Kyle, best rookie to come along in quite some time.

I guess I might as well congratulate Trevor Bayne on winning the 2015 Rookie of the Year as well since he's the only one running for it next year.

Larson and Dillion did better than most rookies in recent years. These two guys will probably challenge the old guard over the next few years.

Larson needs to get into a top-three camp to really shine. Ganassi is ok but I think their whole program is lacking somewhere. Larson drove his ass off on sheer, raw talent this year.

Larson needs to get into a top-three camp to really shine. Ganassi is ok but I think their whole program is lacking somewhere. Larson drove his ass off on sheer, raw talent this year.

I agree. He's never gonna win in bunches and contend for championships with Gannassi

Reactions: sdj
17 top 10s'.

That's almost half the season.

All the rookies we're quite good. Austin Dillon, Algaier, Whitt, Bowman, and even Annett impressed some at Tommy Baldwin.

A very nice season for rookies, but Larson was in a class of his own.

Larson is a badass. Well deserved. Gotta give Austin props too though. He was quiet but consistent.

The only thing his team was weak on was his pit crew. They had the speed his team mate did well this year too. Many times this season Larson lost track position during the pit stops.

Kind of interesting that their hasn't been a real quality rookie season since 2006 with Hamlin, yea Montoya won a race in 07 and so did Logano in 09, but they didn't really have good years. Not sure what this says about the talent or competition now a days, but I think Larson is probably the best rookie since '04 with Kane despite no win, he actually would have finished ahead of JJ in the raw points standings, which is really saying something with the obvious difference in equipment and team. Hopefully he will come out winning next year and make a title run, successful young faces in Nascar are desperately needed.

Larson is one of the best to come along in years. I root for him to be the second driver to back up ROY with a championship.

Kind of interesting that their hasn't been a real quality rookie season since 2006 with Hamlin, yea Montoya won a race in 07 and so did Logano in 09, but they didn't really have good years. Not sure what this says about the talent or competition now a days, but I think Larson is probably the best rookie since '04 with Kane despite no win, he actually would have finished ahead of JJ in the raw points standings, which is really saying something with the obvious difference in equipment and team. Hopefully he will come out winning next year and make a title run, successful young faces in Nascar are desperately needed.
I think we're in good hands for the future with guys like Chase Elliott, Ryan Blaney, Bubba Wallace, and Chris Buescher waiting in the wings.

He needs to learn how to close out these races, he's given away a ton of wins the past few seasons. With the talent he has a truck win and 2 nationwide wins in 2+ seasons is pretty disappointing

I think its gona be great watching all these young guys (Larson, Chase, Dillons, Blaney, Bubba etc..) racing each other for years.. Larson seems to be the class of that field... but Austin (I believe) finished more laps this year than anyone in the series... also very impressive.

It's been fun watching Larson race. He is on the wheel but smart. No contest for ROY.

I think its gona be great watching all these young guys (Larson, Chase, Dillons, Blaney, Bubba etc..) racing each other for years.. Larson seems to be the class of that field... but Austin (I believe) finished more laps this year than anyone in the series... also very impressive.

Dillon won more prize money and didn't tear up a bunch of hardware, I think both of them will continue to get better with more experience. Blaney is going to get quite a bit of cup time next year for the woods bros 21 and Penske might trot out a third car for special races. I hope Chase gets some good shots at cup next year, his path with Hendricks is pretty clogged up unless some changes are made.

I want to see chase and larson dueling it out with brad K jeff g and uncle harv. This will be a neat mixing of the old guard and the new.

Would have been interesting to see Kyle duel with Elliot in Xfinity. Kyle is bad to the bone, but there is a huge gap between bad to the bone, and multiple race winner, Chase Contender, and Champion.

Back
Top Bottom